DPW workers

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
:P Wrong!, I am not an employee of the town, if I were, I would be at my job working to the best of my ability, so people like you and others could see that as I have said before "If you have one bad potato does it mean the whole bag is rotten?)You know, I always give credit where it's due but I also can complain with the best of the best when I see wrongdoing. Does the town throw away money? YES, it cetainly does,can this be fixed? sure, hire someone who lives in this town, who pays taxes and has a head for business. People seem to run things differently when they know as the end result that they will benefit and that they are paying for it. Not, that the town finances are in the hands of someone who does not have to live here and pay higher taxes. I do not blame the DPW or any one of the departments for what's going on, it all starts at town hall and their word is gospel, these employees are only doing what they are ordered to do,  the way the town want's it done. So what Im saying is that if your boss tell's you to do something, you do it RIGHT?

Yea right ! you must be a wife or sister or something. Your an employee no mistake about it.

Guest Enraged

Sorry, none of the above. I am just another town resident who see's things on both sides. Yes, I also pay taxes and don't want to see my money wasted on salaries to people who do not want to work, but I also see alot of these guys out there working, and I appreciate the things that they do. I would like to see more for my money, who wouldn't but I can not in all honesty say none of them work.

It's simple, like years ago towns would hire within, if you wanted to work in Kearny, you had to live here, this way you would make every effort to keep the town like it was your own. Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth, there are too many people making decisions in this town, where they have no expertice

Look at it this way would you go to the butcher to get medical advice? NO so let the guy who knows the job do it.Just because someone has something nice to say, doesn't mean they are directly involved.

Guest Guest
The Crippled worker still refuses to wear his vest,

Supervisors do nothing!

I see a lot of you guys with out them. What's your beef with this guy? Do the supervisors pick on you? This man that you mention works very hard. Do you want his job? What the supervisors should do each day before the crews leave the yard is , record the milage on their vehicle and then check it at the end of the day. See how much we spend on gas.

Guest Enraged

I agree, they should all have vests on, but if all the supervisor does all day is run around to each work site to check and make sure that they have their vests on, that's a waste of time and money, not only that, but that would give people something else to talk about. Like I said previously, if you don't want to wear it GO PUNCH OUT!!!!! if they don't have the common sense that they were born with, to protect themselves then send them home NO PAY!!! and that goes for all of them. And as far as that crippled guy, I'd like to see half the men in this town work as hard as he does. He would rather work for his money, than sit on his butt collecting disability.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
As policy, And for good reason, Safety Vests are to be worn.

This rule is followed by some, And others do not wear the vests.

Why? Lazyness and not wearing them in spite of the fact, it is a safety rule.

One person is a disabled town worker who drives a black ford truck.

This guy never wears his, If he sees a car headed his way he could not

move out of the way fast enought.

No wonder why there is so many law suits with town employees.

And some of them, There uniforms are a disgrace, The homeless on Kearny

Ave look better, And they get $375.00 a year for clothes.

Mr.D'Arco should allow employees to weat jackets and shirts

with the orange safety strip in the fabric of the shirt, jacket, tee shirt.

The vest can get caught or restrict the employee of movement,

that can cause an injury.

This would not cost the town more money, Employees who must

wear uniforms can buy them from the $375.00 they already receive.

Guest steve
They had vests on, What good did it do?  The Town is still paying for them!!!!!

if the dpw workers have to wear safty vests how about the police i am sure they get clothing money and i am sure it is alot more then the dpw

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Police Products
if the dpw workers have to wear safty vests how about the police i am sure they get  clothing money  and i am sure it is alot more then the dpw

Yup. The police clothing allowance is much more but then the police are not wearing Sears work shirts and pants. The Sears work outfit is not dry-cleaned. The Sears work pants do not cost upward of $65.00 each, the uniform shirt is not $9.95 but several times that. When a uniform shirt is ripped, it is replaced with a new one. The department patches worn on every shirt, jacket, and sweater are purchased too. A uniform allowance also pays for equipment. I could go on and on about expenses.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
How clever you are. You must be a dpw employee as well. But your all to blame for what goes on in the dpw, all of you. What about that individual from north Jersey who's always late. What's been done with this person? Hey D'Arco put on your vest and bust that north jerseian for being late.

how do u know who is being late somone must work there

Guest Guest
First hand, you have only four supervisors in the DPW and you have twenty some odd workers, it it vertually impossible to be in so many places at one time. It is also difficult to use your authority, when the employee runs to the union rep everytime he is told to do something that they don't want to do! that is one of the problems that they deal with, another thing is that a supervisors job is one, to look at all the job sites where they have received complaints and then schedule the work, while he is out he checks on the many different crews working, just remember that you have four departmernts street, shade tree, recreation and buildings and maintainence so there is alot of ground to cover. Then, there are other tasks such as paper work , to assign the work load to the right crew let's see then there are the little things that come up unexpectedly like a tree falls, a car accident(street needs to be blocked off) or some other emergency job so yes sometimes they do sit around THEY EAT LUNCH think about this and then tell me it's all the supervisors fault.

One Stuidvisor for every four or so employees--

Fire them.

Leave the workers-

they are a great voting block

right councilwoman??

Guest Guest_fRANKIE_*
One Stuidvisor for  every  four or so employees--

Fire them.

Leave the workers-

they are a great voting block

right councilwoman??

:D

You must have the wrong person, but if I was a councilperson, I would make sure that the my voting public would not have any complaints. And as far as a Stuidvisor what is that? Like what was said before, how can you expect anything more from a supervisor, when the mealymouth employees run to the union everytime they are assigned a job they don't want to do, or they don't want to abide by the rules? I suggest looking at the employees track record, and getting rid of the trouble makers!!! Hire someone who doesn't mind working for a living and who is willing to abide by the rules and do the jobs that they are assigned without complaining, I see the supervisors out there doing manual labor, so I know that they are doing their job. B)

Archived