town workers pysically fit?

Guest jenny craig

Guest jenny craig

:rolleyes::blink: some of these workers need to lose some serious pounds, especially those who have to be physical. i'm not paying for porky pig to drop dead of a heart attack. hyigene another problem, i stood on line with one at the bank, bam! darn if i didn't lose my lunch. :blink::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

:rolleyes:  :blink: some of these workers need to lose some serious pounds, especially those who have to be physical. i'm not paying for porky pig to drop dead of a heart attack. hyigene another problem, i stood on line with one at the bank, bam! darn if i didn't lose my lunch. :blink:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :D

try working with some of them....you'll lose more then lunch! ;)

If you want to smell death just go to the Harrison Public Library/Homeless Center, I was in there with my son the other day and had to leave because I couldn't stop gagging, very unsanitary and not safe for children nor is it good for anyones health. It is a shame for the people who need yo use the library and for the people who work there. I don't know how the library workers can stand it all day long.

You people are absolutely crazy. Why do you care if someone is fat. Also as far as the homeless being smelly, are you kidding me. What exactly do you want them to do. Homeless means homeless, I guess that also means no bathroom to take a shower. You people crack me up. You really have nothing better to do. Get a life and maybe a job.

If you want to smell death just go to the Harrison Public Library/Homeless Center, I was in there with my son the other day and had to leave because I couldn't stop gagging, very unsanitary and not safe for children nor is it good for anyones health.  It is a shame for the people who need yo use the library and for the people who work there.  I don't know how the library workers can stand it all day long.

that's because the senior center won't take the poor old man, i hear he thrown out by the cops, funny it's the director's request. how's that community service for you. :rolleyes:

that's because the senior center won't take the poor old man, i hear he thrown out by the cops, funny it's the director's request. how's that community service for you. B)

If the old man was last registered as a Harrison resident and is is over 60 or 62 (requirement?) can't the senior citizen manager get him into senior housing or into a nursing home if he is physically or mentally failing? That is if he is 'willing' to go. And if he is 'not mentally competant', then can't he be placed involuntarily in a nnursing home for his own safety?

Guest Wake Up
You people are absolutely crazy. Why do you care if someone is fat. Also as far as the homeless being smelly, are you kidding me. What exactly do you want them to do. Homeless means homeless, I guess that also means no bathroom to take a shower. You people crack me up. You really have nothing better to do. Get a life and maybe a job.

Nobody wants to see anyone homeless but that is just a choice some people make. There is no shower in the Library either, but there are showers in HOMELESS SHELTERS. Would you allow you child to sit on the same chair that someone who pissed their pants on? Do you not mind your child having body lice or picking up some kind of disease? Better yet how about if one of them snaps and grabs your child? What you are not going to be upset? It is a safety issue you rocket scientist! If you think it is ok why don't you put your address up here so they can come to your house and shower. There we have a job for you, you can take care of the homeless people.

that's because the senior center won't take the poor old man, i hear he thrown out by the cops, funny it's the director's request. how's that community service for you. B)

Well it sure as hell isn't the Library Director cause its a full house in there and boy oh boy THE WONDERFUL DEADLY SMELL!!!!!!! Hold on to your eyelashes.....

If the old man was last registered as a Harrison resident and is is over 60 or 62 (requirement?) can't the senior citizen manager get him into senior housing or into a nursing home if he is physically  or mentally failing? That is if he is 'willing' to go. And if he is 'not mentally competant', then can't he be placed involuntarily in a nnursing home for his own safety?

It is a shame. because someone like that needs one of those apts. in the Gardens that is rented to someone who has their baby's daddy, his friends, her family and anyone else who can mooch off the person who's name is on the lease paying about $100.00 per month. Throw the druggies out, and give the homeless their apts, I bet they'd appreciate them more.....................

Well it sure as hell isn't the Library Director cause its a full house in there and boy oh boy THE WONDERFUL DEADLY SMELL!!!!!!! Hold on to your eyelashes.....

Harrison 'doesn't have "certified" library director like every other town around here has; possessing a NJ State Librarian Certification (Masters Degree-Library Science) . Keany has serveral, North Arlington, Lyndhurst, Rutherford etc.

Harrison only has a 'temporary' "ACTING DIRECTOR" by 'special' permission from the State supposedly until we can 'locate' one through a civil service testing

announcement. Kearny had one in the Observer recently for a Masters dregree Childrens' librarian possessing a NJ State librarian certication. Any town in NJ with a population of ove 10,000 residents is 'supposed' to have a library director with a Masters Degree in Library Science fom an 'accredied' college/university and possess a NJ State Library accredation. We haven't had anyone in the place with a Masters Degree since St. Mary Fahey.

Take a look at the Kearny & NA library and compare. Has their library turned into a 'Homeless Shelter'. The Harrison Library had no vagrant or odor' problem etc. when Sr. Mary Lorrita Fahey was the part-time dirctor in the 1970's.

It's smelled that bad for about 10 yrs. already. 6-8 yrars ago, they spent money to put in a 'state of the art' beautiful restroom upstairs in the balcony; a few feet away from where all the bums snooze. I remember going to an old, dilapidated bathroom in the basement, while the bums had a beutiful, large and "VERY WELL CONSTRUCTED" restroom a few away from them. SUCH SERVICE!!

PS The ladies' restroom in the Holy Cross Church basement doesn't compare to what the library hoboes got!! The selected contractor did a "very poor quality remodeling" job, and it is still very dilapidated in appearance; and the AWFUL smell, no matter how often it is washed, painted, and scented!

The library does deserve an A+++ in their choice of a contractor who put in such a 'splendid, attractive restroom for the homeless!!!

Award the the Mother Teresa -Jimmy Carter "Habitat f/t Homeless Award for 2006 and send the 'contractor' the library used over to Holy Cross to do such a 'splendid' bathroom remodeling job inn the basement ladies' room so the parishioners and visitors at dinners, "WON"T GAG" etc!!!

Harrison 'doesn't have "certified" library director like every other town around here has; possessing a NJ State Librarian Certification  (Masters Degree-Library Science) .  Keany has serveral, North Arlington, Lyndhurst, Rutherford etc.

Harrison only has a 'temporary' "ACTING DIRECTOR" by 'special' permission from the State  supposedly until we can 'locate' one through a civil service testing

announcement.  Kearny had one in the Observer recently for a Masters dregree Childrens' librarian possessing a NJ State librarian certication.  Any town in NJ with a population of ove 10,000 residents is 'supposed' to have a library director with a Masters Degree in Library Science fom an 'accredied' college/university and possess a NJ State Library accredation.  We haven't had anyone in the place with a Masters Degree since St. Mary Fahey.

Take a look at the Kearny & NA library and compare.  Has their library turned into a 'Homeless Shelter'.  The Harrison Library had no vagrant or odor' problem etc. when Sr. Mary Lorrita Fahey was the part-time dirctor in the 1970's.

Well the "Temp" does one hell of a job there, up to date books, computers for both the children and the adults, the beautiful children's room and then some. At least she cares for the CHILDREN of Harrison!! We really don't care about Kearny or NA, and as far certification goes it is not a can of worms that should be opened, there will be a real long line at unemployment!!!

Well the "Temp" does one hell of a job there, up to date books, computers for both the children and the adults, the beautiful children's room  and then some. At least she cares for the CHILDREN of Harrison!! We really don't care about Kearny or NA, and as far certification goes it is not a can of worms that should be opened, there will be a real long line at unemployment!!!

no let's open up that can sweetie, there's alot of temp appointed positions in town that suddenly turn to full time high paying life time appointments. do the research there are several violations within the recent months, most recently these parking enforcement officers. just hired a councilman's family member while my son had inquired at the sattion and was told nothing available and handed an application for a police exam by a sgt. meanwhile, five of these parking officers are all related to an existing town employee. believe me the state will hear about this.

shame on you people! :o

It is a shame. because someone like that needs one of those apts. in the Gardens that is rented to someone who has their baby's daddy, his friends, her family and anyone else who can mooch off the person who's name is on the lease paying about $100.00 per month.  Throw the druggies out, and give the homeless their apts, I bet they'd appreciate them more.....................

I know one of the homless guys that goes to the library, this certain someone is getting social security and a small pension check. Even if he could get into the gardens he would not accept. He prefers to live in the meadows and spend his money on beer. This is his choice. He does not want to WASTE his money on rent. He does get enough income to rent a place but prefers not to. But he does have a

post office box to collect his checks. I am sure that there are others like him. Beer comes first.

no let's open up that can sweetie, there's alot of temp appointed positions in town that suddenly turn to full time high paying life time appointments. do the research there are several violations within the recent months, most recently these parking enforcement officers. just hired a councilman's family member while my son had inquired at the sattion and was told nothing available and handed an application for a police exam by a sgt. meanwhile, five of these parking officers are all related to an existing town employee. believe me the state will hear about this.

1st off I am not a sweetie, secondly because your son did not get a job in the town isn't our problem, and has nothing to do with the Library. All I do know is that when I moved here a few years ago I was using the library on a regular basis and was always able to get the information I needed from there and the people who work there are very helpful and nice. Take your anger out on the right person visit the town hall.

can you feel the love! :o

shame on you people! :lol:

What are the INITIALS of the town employee who is related to five of the town parking officers?

(I notice that 'sometimes' on this site, the subject's Name is 'allowed' and at other times, only the Initials).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Oh please mr/miss bleeding heart, like you would really sit with stinky homeless person anywhere. Who says the person going to the library doesn't work?? Nobody I know would want to take their child to the library with homeless people hanging around. Its dangerous and they should not be allowed to hang around there. I sympathize with the homeless but they should be removed to a shelter and not be allowed to loiter in a public library.

Guest Guest
If the old man was last registered as a Harrison resident and is is over 60 or 62 (requirement?) can't the senior citizen manager get him into senior housing or into a nursing home if he is physically  or mentally failing? That is if he is 'willing' to go. And if he is 'not mentally competant', then can't he be placed involuntarily in a nnursing home for his own safety?

Great questions, if someone was doing their job ALL of these things would have been done.. It is a disgrace to see elderly homeless people roaming around in the cold and in an OBVIOUS physically bad condition.

Guest Guest
I know one of the homless guys that goes to the library, this certain someone is getting social security and a small pension check. Even if he could get into the gardens he would not accept. He prefers to live in the meadows and spend his money on beer. This is his choice.  He does not want to WASTE his money on rent. He does get enough income to rent a place but prefers not to. But he does have a

post office box to collect his checks. I am sure that there are others like him. Beer comes first.

This is the exact reason why he should not be allowed to hang around and stink up the library... that is a disgusting waste of life

Archived