Did You Hear?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
a great Italian neighborhood.  The "Senate Boys".    Being a crossing guard at 4th & William as a Lincoln School student.

My favorite HS teachers; Cunningham, Ryan, Matuzak, Tortorella. Playing stick ball in the streets.

Hey Wait,

That was my Corner, since I lived on William Street. Joe, is that You?

Sieradzski, Ron Shields, Mrs. Knowles, Mrs. Shields, Mr. Doyle, The Year Was....

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
The Arrrow bar and Pizza on 4th and Sherman? and remember the Pool hall on top of Cappicinos hardware on 4th and Davis? right across the street was Myers Ice Cream parlor, and the OK deli, Steves Florist? Also the 5 & 10 cent store located where the Valley National Bank is now on the blvd. just before the railroad bridge to Kearny?

Also, before the days of Rite-Aid drug stores, there was Squires Drugs on Harrison ave. and Marc pharmacy on 4th Street (FDR Blvd for those of you that don't remember 4th street)

Also, Symore, with the fruit and vegtable truck on Saturday mornings with Symore yellin out: RIPE PEACHES, RIPE TOMATOES, 3 Lbs for 50 cents! :)

YO BANANAS!!!

Guest Guest

I can't believe no one has mentioned ALICE'S super subs (next to the "ure inn") I still crave the #4 "alices super special". Or the pizza sandwiches at Angelos on harrison ave.

I can't believe no one has mentioned ALICE'S super subs (next to the "ure inn") I still crave the #4  "alices super special". Or the pizza sandwiches at Angelos on harrison ave.

Oh, you're right, I remember Alice's! We also loved Big Stashes on Kearny Ave.

Across from St. Cecilias.

We did cross the bridge from time to time.

Archived