Zoo at Bunny Hill

Guest J D Barnett

Guest studies and observations
Why does it all have to turn evil?

never underestimate the ability of people here to act like a-holes. At the time the Bear's cage was actually well within what was acceptable, and Sinnawik was healthy and happy. YES you are correct in saying that the Zoo would not be able to exist today mainly because regulations and standards have changed. The animals were all sent off to other Zoos and parks when Bunnyland was finally closed. Unfortunately like with just about everything else, Bunnyland fell to a combination of Money Issues and the good ols "This is why we can't have nice things" Syndrome. Once we had Scumbags who decided to shoot arrows at the deer, that started the slide.

Guest good ole days

I remember going to bunnyland after school every Wednesday. I got a real kick from the goats who would eat my homework that I fed them. After bunnyland, we would go down the hill to the hot dog truck by Two Guys. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
It was called Bunny Hill, and who appointed you lord of the ASPCA?

Made into an meat chili... Excellent....

You are an asshole, Can I meet you sometime to make chili out of you?

Guest Studies and Observations
You are an asshole, Can I meet you sometime to make chili out of you?

And of course the Keyboard Commandos must be heard from....... :rolleyes: Nothing like an internet toughguy to make the morning complete

• 8 months later...
Guest Edmund Shanks

Hello Kearny!

I moved out of Kearny when I was 12. I have many fond memories of my childhood town, including Bunny Hill. I was just sitting around in my Orlando home, telling friends of my past when the bear from Bunny Hill popped in my mind. I'm not sure when the zoo was taken out but i remember going there a lot. I am trying to find proof that there was a zoo there. Anyone know where I can find a picture of the zoo, mainly the bear i remember so well?

JOhn in Orlando

Edited by KOTW
Empty Post followed by 3 Additional Empty Posts Which were Deleted.

• 1 year later...

Hello Kearny!

I moved out of Kearny when I was 12. I have many fond memories of my childhood town, including Bunny Hill. I was just sitting around in my Orlando home, telling friends of my past when the bear from Bunny Hill popped in my mind. I'm not sure when the zoo was taken out but i remember going there a lot. I am trying to find proof that there was a zoo there. Anyone know where I can find a picture of the zoo, mainly the bear i remember so well?

JOhn in Orlando

Yes I grew up in Kearny and still have many friends there yes there was a black bear at bunny hill....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The bear was named sinewick (not sure how to spell it). I can remember my mom taking me to the pony rides. They were great times!

Sinawik is Kiwanis spelled backwards - Kiwanis club is who sponsered the Zoo- that is why the bear was named that

• 4 years later...
Guest Barbara

Can anyone tell me what year Bunnyland opened?  Moved to Ohio in 1963 and seriously have no recollection of the zoo, although I've vivid memories of the Kearny Library with its fabulous stone lions, and of West Hudson Park.  So I'm wondering if the zoo really wasn't there when I was?

• 3 years later...