DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT KEA

FRANKIE

I HAVE BEEN VIEWING ALL THE POSTS ON THIS FORUM FOR OVER A WEEK,AND YET I NEVER READ ONE NICE THING ABOUT THIS TOWN. I STILL ENJOY WALKING THROUGH WEST HUDSON PARK TO RELAX, IF I NEED TO GO TO THE STORE I CAN EITHER WALK A FEW BLOCKS ,TAKE THE BUS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN OR IF I WANT TO GO TO A DEPARTMENT STORE WE HAVE ONE RIGHT HERE. WE HAVE GOOD SCHOOLS(WHERE CHILDREN DO NOT BRING WEAPONS) WE OFFER A GREAT DEAL OF COMMUNITY SERVICES WE ALSO OFFER ONE OF THE BEST RECREATION DEPARTMENTS AROUND , I HAVE VERY NICE NEIGHBORS AND I AM PROUD TO LIVE HERE. THE TOWN IS TRYING TO RESTORE THE BEAUTY THE TOWN ONCE HAD, AND YES OUR TAXES ARE GOING UP, IM NOT A RICH PERSON EITHER, BUT I WANT TO LIVE IN KEARNY, NOT NEWARK OR JERSEY CITY. SO WHY DON'T SOME OF YOU JUST STOP FOR A MOMENT AND ENJOY WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER AND STOP BEING SO PETTY. ENJOY YOUR LIFE IF YOU HAVE SO MANY COMPLAINTS MOVE!!

Guest Guestimate
I HAVE BEEN VIEWING ALL THE POSTS ON THIS FORUM FOR OVER A WEEK,AND YET I NEVER READ ONE NICE THING ABOUT THIS TOWN. I STILL ENJOY WALKING THROUGH WEST HUDSON PARK TO RELAX, IF I NEED TO GO TO THE STORE I CAN EITHER WALK A FEW BLOCKS ,TAKE THE BUS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN OR IF I WANT TO GO TO A DEPARTMENT STORE WE HAVE ONE RIGHT HERE. WE HAVE GOOD SCHOOLS(WHERE CHILDREN DO NOT BRING WEAPONS) WE OFFER A GREAT DEAL OF COMMUNITY SERVICES WE ALSO OFFER ONE OF THE BEST RECREATION DEPARTMENTS AROUND , I HAVE VERY NICE NEIGHBORS AND I AM PROUD TO LIVE HERE. THE TOWN IS TRYING TO RESTORE THE BEAUTY THE TOWN ONCE HAD, AND YES OUR TAXES ARE GOING UP, IM NOT A RICH PERSON EITHER, BUT I WANT TO LIVE IN KEARNY, NOT NEWARK OR JERSEY CITY. SO WHY DON'T SOME OF YOU JUST STOP FOR A MOMENT AND ENJOY WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER AND STOP BEING SO PETTY. ENJOY YOUR LIFE IF YOU HAVE SO MANY COMPLAINTS MOVE!!

One good thing about Kearny is that Diaz no longer works here.

Guest Truthful

Frankie,

Apologies if you think this board is petty; but if you really think the kid's don;t bring weapons to school, you're not informed. Ask any of the vice-principals especially in the high school about what is taken from kids, not to mention those that are around outside the high school who do live in Newark waiting for their compadres. If you are given the truth, which I sort of doubt, you won't like it. The town used to be really nice, and the changes have saddened long time residents who remember it when it's beauty didn't have to be restored. You don't have to tell those people to move, they are moving as soon as they are able and the new generation of residents can take over. I always enjoy my life.

Unfortunately, Frankie, what you say is true, but it's not a Kearny thing. Go to NJ.com, pick any towns forum, and you'll read the same complaints over and over again. Some people just thrive on sniping. Especially when they can hide behind a keyboard. But ask these same people to attend a meeting to discuss the issues; as I have done while chairing a town committee; and few if any show up. Why? What are they afraid of?

To Truthful: You say, "The town used to be really nice, and the changes have saddened long time residents who remember it when its beauty didn't have to be restored. You don't have to tell those people to move, they are moving as soon as they are able and the new generation of residents can take over."

I too am a long time resident of 58 years, so I feel qualified to comment on your statement. I remember when places like Town Hall Park, other town parks, recreational venues and some schools fell into disrepair and needed to be restored . When? The 1970s!! And what did all we long time residents do about it for the last 30 years? Absolutely NOTHING! Now that we're getting older (and grumpier) and the town parks and streetscapes are being renewed, the recreation fields are in repair and senior housing and programs are on the rise, we're moving out ASAP? As the old proverb goes, "Give me a break". People have always moved in and out of Kearny, especially with the prices they can get for their homes today.

My wife and I will be moving "down the shore" shortly for our retirement, but not out of Kearny, if you know what I mean. Not for the reasons you mentioned, though. Kearny will always be my hometown. Some look at the glass as half empty, some half full.

Unfortunately, Frankie, what you say is true, but it's not a Kearny thing. Go to NJ.com, pick any towns forum, and you'll read the same complaints over and over again. Some people just thrive on sniping. Especially when they can hide behind a keyboard. But ask these same people to attend a meeting to discuss the issues; as I have done while chairing a town committee; and few if any show up. Why? What are they afraid of?

To Truthful:  You say, "The town used to be really nice, and the changes have saddened long time residents who remember it when its beauty didn't have to be restored. You don't have to tell those people to move, they are moving as soon as they are able and the new generation of residents can take over."

I too am a long time resident of 58 years, so I feel qualified to comment on your statement. I remember when places like Town Hall Park, other town parks,  recreational venues and some schools fell into disrepair and needed to be restored . When? The 1970s!! And what did all we long time residents do about it for the last 30 years? Absolutely NOTHING! Now that we're getting older (and grumpier)  and the town parks and streetscapes are being renewed, the recreation fields are in repair and senior housing and programs are on the rise, we're moving out ASAP? As the old proverb goes, "Give me a break". People have always moved in and out of Kearny, especially with the prices they can get for their homes today.

My wife and I will be moving "down the shore" shortly for our retirement, but not out of Kearny, if you know what I mean. Not for the reasons you mentioned, though. Kearny will always be my hometown. Some look at the glass as half empty, some half full.

:lol: ron you said or printed a mouthfull!so you will join my brother down so jersey! my self have been there and gone it got to crowded for me 30 years ago and i moved to fla for more space! same point just a few years earlier! but i still care for the town and the folks left there! i posted a statment in the past saying you must "they the newbes" know the history to make the move ahead!they should build on the good of kearnys history" and this is now that history being made by them!! so make it better not worse :lol:

Archived