Manhattan to Kearny?

Guest Patty

We're moving to Kearny next month, and plan on taking public transportation back and forth to our jobs in Manhattan. However.... getting there and back kind of confuses us. Can anyone clue me in on how to get back and forth? Or a website where I can figure out our trip?

Thanks!

Patty

kv103@yahoo.com

We're moving to Kearny next month, and plan on taking public transportation back and forth to our jobs in Manhattan.  However.... getting there and back kind of confuses us.  Can anyone clue me in on how to get back and forth?  Or a website where I can figure out our trip?

Thanks!

Patty

kv103@yahoo.com

Where in Manhattan do you need to get to?

We're moving to Kearny next month, and plan on taking public transportation back and forth to our jobs in Manhattan.  However.... getting there and back kind of confuses us.  Can anyone clue me in on how to get back and forth?  Or a website where I can figure out our trip?

Thanks!

Patty

kv103@yahoo.com

We used to have a rail line right into the middle of town, but we let it go. Apparently transportation wasn't a priority, sorry.

Thanks!

Patty

kv103@yahoo.com

Welcome to Kearny! Check out the DeCamp Bus Line web site. The #99 to the # 44 runs on Kearny Ave. to the pike and the 44 will take you to Port Authority Bus Terminal. Otherwise, you can make your way to the Harrison PATH station to get to the World Trade Center or Penn Station

Thanks!

Patty

kv103@yahoo.com

well you have the path station in harrison that goes from harrison to the worl trade center and from there the last stop is at 34th street (a&s mall)how are you getting from home to the path station either call a cab (schuyler cab)or drive and pay to park you vehicle around there,trust me it is not difficult

Welcome to Kearny! Check out the DeCamp Bus Line web site. The #99 to the # 44 runs on Kearny Ave. to the pike and the 44 will take you to Port Authority Bus Terminal. Otherwise, you can make your way to the Harrison PATH station to get to the World Trade Center or Penn Station

Good Luck, Patty.... I live in Kearny, and worked in Times Square for over 2 years.. it was an awful commute. some mornings it took me over 2 hours to get to work. I tried different ways, and the easiest and fastest was driving to Park and Ride, in North Bergan, and then taking a bus into Port Authority. For me that was the best way, since Times Square was only 2 blocks from PA. But whatever way you choose good luck, I don't think all the money in the world would make me work in Manhatten ever again... It s**ks.........................and remember, you have to pay taxes in both states....

well you have the path station in harrison that goes from harrison to the worl trade center and from there the last stop is at 34th street (a&s mall)how are you getting from home to the path station either call a cab (schuyler cab)or drive and pay to park you vehicle around there,trust me it is not difficult

A&S mall.... wow! I think you need a trip to the city pretty soon. It's changes sometimes. Also, your PATH routes are incorrect.

Patty go to PATH website.... although the PATH in Harrison is packed. I would try other aletrnatives.

Good Luck, Patty.... I live in Kearny, and worked in Times Square for over 2 years.. it was an awful commute.  some mornings it took me over 2 hours to get to work.  I tried different ways, and the easiest and fastest was driving to Park and Ride, in North Bergan, and then taking a bus into Port Authority.  For me that was the best way, since Times Square was only 2 blocks from PA.  But whatever way you choose good luck, I don't think all the money in the world would make me work in Manhatten ever again... It s**ks.........................and remember, you have to pay taxes in both states....

The city is a great place to work. You DON'T pay taxes to two states. I suggest you find another tax accountant.

Guest commuter
Good Luck, Patty.... I live in Kearny, and worked in Times Square for over 2 years.. it was an awful commute.  some mornings it took me over 2 hours to get to work.  I tried different ways, and the easiest and fastest was driving to Park and Ride, in North Bergan, and then taking a bus into Port Authority.  For me that was the best way, since Times Square was only 2 blocks from PA.  But whatever way you choose good luck, I don't think all the money in the world would make me work in Manhatten ever again... It s**ks.........................and remember, you have to pay taxes in both states....

Hi Patty, don't let everyone get you down. I have been doing the commute for 10 years. I take the Path from Harrison. It's not that bad. There are several ways to get there and back and parking in Harrison is only $5 a day.

Thanks for all the info! I'm pretty sure we're on a busline that will take us to the bus that goes straight to Manhattan, but I'm kind of fuzzy on the details. I hope it's not too much of a bother - I have a feeling that we'll end up moving to Brooklyn after our 6 months lease is up in July. 6 months of a bad commute won't kill us, right?

On average, how long does it take to get back and forth from Manhattan to Kearny? During normal work hours?

Thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it!!!

Thanks for all the info!  I'm pretty sure we're on a busline that will take us to the bus that goes straight to Manhattan, but I'm kind of fuzzy on the details.  I hope it's not too much of a bother - I have a feeling that we'll end up moving to Brooklyn after our 6 months lease is up in July.  6 months of a bad commute won't kill us, right? 

On average, how long does it take to get back and forth from Manhattan to Kearny?  During normal work hours?

Thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it!!!

The time of commute really depends on where you're going in Manhattan? it's about a 40 minute bus ride to PA (depending on what bus line you take. there are more direct ones but i figured i'd give it to you on a longest possible) and whatever subway line you take from there.

Guest Former Kearynite
The time of commute really depends on where you're going in Manhattan?  it's about a 40 minute bus ride to PA (depending on what bus line you take.  there are more direct ones but i figured i'd give it to you on a longest possible) and whatever subway line you take from there.

Patty:

It's not that bad of a commute...when I lived in Kearny and did it, I usually got in (Wall Street area) sooner/easier than my colleagues who lived in Brooklyn/Queens. It usually took me less than 1 hour from door to door.

The simplest way is to drive to Harrison, park in one of the many lots (about $5/day) or if you go in really early, there is on-street parking (downside is that you need tons of quarters) and then from Harrison take the PATH in to the Manhattan. The PATH makes several stops in NYC and there are many subway connections near the PATH stations in NYC. Good luck...I'm sure you'll figure it out - it's not as bad as some on this board would make you think.

The SAD part is u can't write a sentence, and hopefully they don't move next to u  :lol:  and a happy new year

the "said" part is my kearny edgeamacation, water from the leaking roof must have been dripping on my head in spelling and grammer class, or maybe the sound of the falling bricks from the building made it hard to hear.

Thanks!

Patty

kv103@yahoo.com

Patty,

I know the commute from Manhattan to Kearny all too well. My main suggestion is don't take a cab home because when the driver tries to extort more money from you and then drags you down the street and runs you over when he doesn't get it. The "detectives" at the Kearny Police Department can only be counted on to botch the investigation and blame the victim!!! At least that's been my experience.

Archived