Huge Tax Increase forces Mayor Santos

Guest Recall Mayor Santos

Guest Guest_quest_*
I started posting on this topic because no one likes a tax increase. I was hoping someone might actually have an idea for rolling them back.

However, it is obvious that none of the people calling for the mayor's head has any idea at all how to make any substantial dent in our property tax burden. The latest tax hike wasn't welcome news for any of us, and I'm sure it didn't make the Mayor or Council happy. On the other hand, it's hardly "huge."

What I don't understand is how a person like RMS can think he or she is accomplishing anything. Citizenship is supposed to be about doing something worthwhile. There's nothing worthwhile about RMS's childish posts. They're more like playground taunting than anything else.

There's no point in even asking RMS to post his/her specific ideas: he/she has already been asked, and it's obvious he/she doesn't have any real ideas, just a visceral distaste for taxes. Well, we all have that, but it's not going to provide our services or lower our taxes. So RMS, whomever you are, if and when you grow up and start thinking and acting like an adult, let us know.

74930[/snapback]

I HAVE SOME TAX SAVING IDEAS GET RID OF THE DEPUTY MAYOR POSITION MT .WITH THE SALARY ,BENEFITS,VACATION TIME,PERSONAL DAYS SHE IS RECEIVING WOULD BE A GOOD START !!!!!!!

I HAVE SOME TAX SAVING IDEAS GET RID OF THE DEPUTY MAYOR POSITION MT .WITH THE SALARY ,BENEFITS,VACATION TIME,PERSONAL DAYS SHE IS RECEIVING WOULD BE A GOOD START !!!!!!!

75704[/snapback]

1. Why do we have a Deputy Mayor?

2. What does the Deputy Mayor do?

3. How much time is the Deputy Mayor expected to put in?

4. How much is the Depty Mayor paid? I can't imagine it's more than what the Mayor gets, which isn't much, and certainly isn't going to make a noticeable difference in your tax burden.

5. We can do without the shouting.

Don't you see what you're doing? Instead of looking for a real answer, you're making about the people in charge, whether they can do anything about the situation or not. Be a responsible citizen and think about things that might really make a difference.

Guest Answers

4. How much is the Depty Mayor paid? I can't imagine it's more than what the Mayor gets, which isn't much, and certainly isn't going to make a noticeable difference in your tax burden.

Don't you see what you're doing? Instead of looking for a real answer, you're making about the people in charge, whether they can do anything about the situation or not. Be a responsible citizen and think about things that might really make a difference.

75795[/snapback]

1. It's an honorary title.

2. Attends community events such as ribbon cuttings, parades, flag raisings.

3. That's the Deputy Mayor's decision.

4. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

5. Absolutely. Some posters need to learn what all-caps means.

I started posting on this topic because no one likes a tax increase. I was hoping someone might actually have an idea for rolling them back.

However, it is obvious that none of the people calling for the mayor's head has any idea at all how to make any substantial dent in our property tax burden. The latest tax hike wasn't welcome news for any of us, and I'm sure it didn't make the Mayor or Council happy. On the other hand, it's hardly "huge."

What I don't understand is how a person like RMS can think he or she is accomplishing anything. Citizenship is supposed to be about doing something worthwhile. There's nothing worthwhile about RMS's childish posts. They're more like playground taunting than anything else.

There's no point in even asking RMS to post his/her specific ideas: he/she has already been asked, and it's obvious he/she doesn't have any real ideas, just a visceral distaste for taxes. Well, we all have that, but it's not going to provide our services or lower our taxes. So RMS, whomever you are, if and when you grow up and start thinking and acting like an adult, let us know.

74930[/snapback]

Your right Paul, nobody including the Mayor can't stop taxes from going up, so everybody just has to take the Mayor's word for it and contiune to raise taxes year after year without any reasonable effort ( I haven't seen any from this Mayor at all) to stabilize taxes. So everybody go back to watching tv and let this Mayor and Council handle things because they have their finger on the pulse on how the property owners feel about their taxes. My feeling is we barely have a pulse left.

75795[/snapback]

Paul,answer to #4, She makes about $53,000.00 or more a year plus benefits /sick time /vacation time /personal days and a free weekend in Atlantic city for the MUNICIPAL CONVENTION PARTY .Check it out, it,s on record in the Town hall!! The money we waste on her could be used to hire another Police Officer or Firemen which the town really needs.!

• 2 weeks later...
Your right Paul, nobody including the Mayor can't stop taxes from going up, so everybody just has to take the Mayor's word for it and contiune to raise taxes year after year without any reasonable effort ( I haven't seen any from this Mayor at all) to stabilize taxes. So everybody go back to watching tv and let this Mayor and Council handle things because they have their finger on the pulse on how the property owners feel about their taxes. My feeling is we barely have a pulse left.

76767[/snapback]

We will regain our pulse in 2008. The recall effort will be underway soon.

• 3 weeks later...

78294[/snapback]

Wake up Kearny and lets get this Recall started.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Talk is cheap

78294[/snapback]

To regain something, you must have had it at least once before.

Santos is not your boogeyman. We could have a lot worse in Kearny.

• 1 month later...
Guest Taxed to the limit

Lets end these earmarks that give this kind of perk to people who have no real personal connection to the little person who works hard to pay these taxes that pay their salary.

Lets end these earmarks that give this kind of perk to people who have no real personal connection to the little person who works hard to pay these taxes that pay their salary.

What earmark? You're responding to a two-month-old post about the Deputy Mayor. Someone already pointed out that the Deputy Mayor isn't paid. If you would actually read, instead of just assuming that a tax is attached to every free service people like the Deputy Mayor provide, you might begin to understand what is actually happening.

But no, reading and understanding would be too much trouble. Whining and complaining are so much more fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Wake up Kearny and lets get this Recall started.

My feeling the Mayor will do his normal bit in blaming someone else for Kearny's High Taxes. My guess is that Corzine and the State House will be his next to blame.

Guest Guest
My feeling the Mayor will do his normal bit in blaming someone else for Kearny's High Taxes. My guess is that Corzine and the State House will be his next to blame.

Stop talking to yourself, you imbecile!

• 4 weeks later...
After all the Tax Increases Mayor Santos has given us since being in office, he for the first time has offered a friendly hand to the citizens of Kearny, Now that all the Tax money has been spent and the Tax party is over he has no choice but to be friendly to the people who have payed this party for all the years he has been Mayor?? The Tax party's over, and now is the time to Recall this Mayor and give Kearny new direction and accountabilty in the area of property taxes. PLEASE JOIN THE EFFORT TO RECALL MAYOR SANTOS petitions will be available soon.

A Recall effort will be needed to fix this mess.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Why doesn't LeClair just run for Mayor. He is a know it all who has all the answers

Sounds like someone is sore about someone's Constitutional knowledge. Aren't you? Yes you are! Yes you arre!~ :excl:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Time to pick it up!
Stop talking to yourself, you idiot. No one cares about your stupid recall effort.

RECALL MAYOR SANTOS, IN TO LONG ITS TIME TO GO!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
RECALL MAYOR SANTOS, IN TO LONG ITS TIME TO GO!!!!!

Walmart, Overdevelopment, High taxes, Poor services, what more do you need to Recall this Mayor. Kearny needs change!!!! Recall Mayor Santos!!!!!!!