Bush Lovers

Guest Daedalus

Guest Daedalus

:angry: Bush Lovers :ph34r:

I know that I am about to get my ass handed to me by my Bush Loving friends, but here it is.

What is up with the spying on Americans?

What happened to our Constitutional rights?

It seems that more and more my rights as a FREE American are being stripped by the GOP!

President Bush and the Republican Congress have made great strides towards removing or freedoms as Americans. Our taxes have been raised. Our schools have not improved. Our country has been made unsafe. Bodies of Americans were allowed to rot in front of our eyes after New Orleans went under.

I can’t take it anymore and I am thinking of moving to Canada.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:angry: Bush Lovers  :ph34r:

I know that I am about to get my ass handed to me by my Bush Loving friends, but here it is.

It seems that more and more my rights as a FREE American are being stripped by the GOP!

President Bush and the Republican Congress have made great strides towards removing or freedoms as Americans.  Our taxes have been raised.  Our schools have not improved.  Our country has been made unsafe.  Bodies of Americans were allowed to rot in front of our eyes after New Orleans went under. 

Don't let the gate hit you in the ass.

President Bush and the Republican Congress have made great strides towards removing or freedoms as Americans.  Our taxes have been raised.  Our schools have not improved.  Our country has been made unsafe.  Bodies of Americans were allowed to rot in front of our eyes after New Orleans went under. 

There are many things that could be improved in America but nothing that can't be fixed.

There's hope in that even members of Bush's own party are questioning the legality of his end run around the law.

You would be surprised to find out that the NSA, under Clinton, did the same thing. It made a great "60 MINUTES" story in February 2000. Yet somehow, it is ONLY offensive when Bush does it.

To find out the intelligence agencies are listening is alarming, but I would be more worried about how the info may be used. Despite the story, I have heard nothing of Bush or Clinton misusing this information.

Guest Daedalus
You would be surprised to find out that the NSA, under Clinton, did the same thing.  It made a great "60 MINUTES" story in February 2000.  Yet somehow, it is ONLY offensive when Bush does it.

To find out the intelligence agencies are listening is alarming, but I would be more worried about how the info may be used.  Despite the story, I have heard nothing of Bush or Clinton misusing this information.

Loki,

Let me see if i have your side of the story correct.

It's ok to spy on Americans because Clinton did it.

I have read your posts and your theory’s are all wrong Loki.

You got to give me more to justify these acts. I bet you also think that we were not lied to about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Can somebody give me a good reason without bringing up Clinton?

Loki,

You got to give me more to justify these acts.  I bet you also think that we were not lied to about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

How about the nineteen 9/11 hijackers. All making phone calls from within the US.

Loki,

You got to give me more to justify these acts.  I bet you also think that we were not lied to about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

I only wanted to show that your silence was deafening when "someone else" did it.

Unlike you, I have no problem calling out people regardless of party affiliation. The "party above all else" has never appealed to me.

You're right, I don't think we were lied to about WMD's. My proof, nothing at all to do with Clinton, is he had USED them in the past. You're next point will be to claim that he got rid of them. But for me to believe that, I would have to assume that despite constantly holding inspectors at bay, and throwing them out, he was secretly complying with the UN dictum. I'm sorry, my sense of logic just can't see that one. You claim my theories are wrong . . . . DISPROVE them, don't deflect to some other counterpoint.

Guest Radagast
You would be surprised to find out that the NSA, under Clinton, did the same thing.  It made a great "60 MINUTES" story in February 2000.  Yet somehow, it is ONLY offensive when Bush does it.

To find out the intelligence agencies are listening is alarming, but I would be more worried about how the info may be used.  Despite the story, I have heard nothing of Bush or Clinton misusing this information.

I just went back and read the transcript of that 60 Minutes story. Nowhere in that report does it say that Clinton authorized any wiretaps by the NSA. Clinton isn't even mentioned at all. Bush specificly authorized these wiretaps without a court order. He has admitted that he violated the law. He has admitted that he violated the constitutional rights of American citizens.

Ahh ... but again ... Even if he committed murder this Congress would never think of impeachment. No President in my life time deserves it more ... not even Nixon would go on TV and essentially say ' Yeah, that's right, I violated the Constitution ... now, wat chu gonna do bout it, boy?'

His stupidity is only trumped by his arrogance.

I just went back and read the transcript of that 60 Minutes story. Nowhere in that report does it say that Clinton authorized any wiretaps by the NSA. Clinton isn't even mentioned at all. Bush specificly authorized these wiretaps without a court order. He has admitted that he violated the law. He has admitted that he violated the constitutional rights of American citizens.

Ahh ... but again ... Even if he committed murder this Congress would never think of impeachment. No President in my life time deserves it more ... not even Nixon would go on TV and essentially say ' Yeah, that's right, I violated the Constitution ... now, wat chu gonna do bout it, boy?'

You hate him so much that you cannot think clearly, I love it. :(

Clinton not mentioned in a CBS story about wiretapping, I'M SHOCKED!! Fine, have it your way, go to the Drudge Report, there are two links to wiretapping, one for Clinton, and one for Nobel Peace Prize winner Jimmy Carter.

And, the obsession about Clinton is not the Republicans, it is the Democrats. Since he was impeached, the Dems have been waiting, drooling over the prospect of impeaching a Republican president.

If there is a case for impeachment, they should make it. This is not it, there is precedence of other presidents doing exactly the same thing.

Good luck, and happy hunting.

P.S. Can ANYONE tell me what today's Democrats stand FOR, because all I ever hear about is what is wrong with Republicans. While this is probably reasonably effective in an election season, I fail to see what they HOPE to accomplish if they ever, God forbid, regain control in the Congress. More taxes, more spending perhaps. Incidentally, the gas tax is going up, kudos to the Corzine voters for that one.

Go, leave .. have fun. Hope you like to pay taxes.

Who were they were really spying on? You. I doubt it. Do you think you have an FBI file? Why don;t you ask for that.

Clinton not mentioned in a CBS story about wiretapping, I'M SHOCKED!!  Fine, have it your way, go to the Drudge Report, there are two links to wiretapping, one for Clinton, and one for Nobel Peace Prize winner Jimmy Carter.

And, the obsession about Clinton is not the Republicans, it is the Democrats.  Since he was impeached, the Dems have been waiting, drooling over the prospect of impeaching a Republican president.

If there is a case for impeachment, they should make it.  This is not it, there is precedence of other presidents doing exactly the same thing. 

Good luck, and happy hunting.

P.S. Can ANYONE tell me what today's Democrats stand FOR, because all I ever hear about is what is wrong with Republicans.  While this is probably reasonably effective in an election season, I fail to see what they HOPE to accomplish if they ever, God forbid, regain control in the Congress.  More taxes, more spending perhaps.  Incidentally, the gas tax is going up, kudos to the Corzine voters for that one.

:ph34r: i would like to know too! iam independent!! and in the late 70s i was a rep! but i dumped them after ford stuck us with the met sys and 55mph speed laws! now this dam stupid pres and his bros and dad stuck it to us again! now i pay more for my needed drugs than i did before his um HELP! AND NJ is putting more drain on the rest of the country!!! why is the people of NJ so blind to what is "going on" we are all in big trouble now!! and if the voters do not wake up it will get worse" look at kearny now after the vote" are you any better off now??? :blink:

How about the nineteen 9/11 hijackers.  All making phone calls from within the US.

There is a very simple, quick process in place for him to go before a special court and have things approved. The fact that he ignored it is the problem, nobody should be considered above the law and that includes the president.

Now we have the dog and pony (aka George and Dick) show trying to place the guilt on their accusers, presto chango and their hands never left their arms.

Prisons are full of innocent people, just ask them.

Bush's unwillingness to conform toi the law is just another example of his arrogance.

Bush is guilty!

He is guilty of doing what has to be done in order to stop the animals who would like to see all americans dead.

Do you really think these animals can be stopped by us fighting them fair in any shape or form? If we must give up some of our rights to stop them than by all means let's do it. Others, are paying a much higher price to stop the animals.

I'll bet the ranch that it has been this so called spying and the work of some mighty brave woman and men which has prevented morer and most likely worse attacks against the free world.

Samson

Before you move to Canada though, could you bring Streissand and Alec Baldwin with you?  One way tickets, and I'll pay.

Maybe you should take Loki too since he doesn't seem to agree with people being allowed to express their opinions, one of those little things many Americans think is a good one

You folks who attempt to defend Bush by knocking some Democrat may want to get a head start and accuse Clinton of having sex with every woman and possibly every man in his administration. Chances appear awfully good that Bush's spying on Americans was an illegal act and he has the unmitigated gall to try and defend his actions by accusing those who aired his misdeed.

Bush is guilty!

He is guilty of doing what has to be done in order to stop the animals who would like to see all  americans dead.

Do you really think these animals can be stopped by us fighting them fair in any shape or form? If we must give up some of our rights to stop them than by all means let's do it. Others, are paying a much higher price to stop the animals.

I'll bet the ranch that it has been this so called spying and the work of some mighty brave woman and men which has prevented morer and most likely worse attacks against the free world.

Samson

The sound you hear is the ghosts of men who fought and died to establish a land of freedom and laws sobbing because people are so willing to let those laws be trampled upon under the guise of patriotism. I guess Bush is just continuing a fine tradition of a president thinking he's above the law, may he also extend a tradition and resign in shame. Uh..................maybe not, then we'd have Dick, another one who considers a law in the way a mere inconvenience.

Guest Delilah
Bush is guilty!

He is guilty of doing what has to be done in order to stop the animals who would like to see all  americans dead.

Samson

Samson, this is Delilah, call the hospital, your Thorazine is wearing off, and you're due for a haircut.

You folks who attempt to defend Bush by knocking some Democrat may want to get a head start and accuse Clinton of having sex with every woman and possibly every man in his administration.  Chances appear awfully good that Bush's spying on Americans was an illegal act and he has the unmitigated gall to try and defend his actions by accusing those who aired his misdeed.

Clinton did it and so did Carter and those that leeked the info should be exposed. Which issue is more important V. Plame or national security. I really don't care who Clinton had sex with. That's a big one with his supporters. But the truth is we could have had Bin Ladin during his watch and Bubba blew it not Lowinsky. Again, this aint Nam. This issue really makes the Dems look bad and it only makes John Q

public angry. This issue will prove to serve Bush not hurt him. If the Dems have hearings they will be the ones with egg on their collective faces. What ever became of the couple that sent Newt's private phone conversation to the NY Times and they put it in print. A private conversation in print and nothing was done to these people, Nothing. The Dems and the press are so twisted with hate that they are blind to the common good. We have troops in the field and the Dems don't care. At least that's the way it looks to John Q.

Maybe you should take Loki too since he doesn't seem to agree with people being allowed to express their opinions, one of those little things many Americans think is a good one

I never asked them to leave, but they promised. I only want them to maintain their own integrity by keeping their word.

Guest "Tail Gunner" Joe McCa
Bush is guilty!

Samson

You tell 'em Samson, there's just nothing as much fun as allowing us righteous folk to ignore any law we choose in the name of a good witch hunt.

And take a tip from old Joe, make sure you check under your bed for the boogey man before you go to sleep each night. My friend Tricky Dickie just stopped by and told me to remind you if you break in somewhere to make sure you hire reliable burglars.

Still Flying High Above the Law

Joe

Clinton did it and so did Carter and those that leeked the info should be exposed. Which issue is more important V. Plame or national security. I really don't care who Clinton had sex with. That's a big one with his supporters. But the truth is we could have had Bin Ladin during his watch and Bubba blew it not Lowinsky. Again, this aint Nam. This issue really makes the Dems look bad and it only makes John Q

public angry. This issue will prove to serve Bush not hurt him. If the Dems have hearings they will be the ones with egg on their collective faces. What ever became of the couple that sent Newt's private phone conversation to the NY Times and they put it in print. A private conversation in print and nothing was done to these people, Nothing. The Dems and the press are so twisted with hate that they are blind to the common good. We have troops in the field and the Dems don't care. At least that's the way it looks to  John Q.

Twisted with hatred? Nah, just mad we were outfoxed by the phony cowboy. His choice of VP was brilliant, no matter how arrogant and poorly performing Bush may be we'd be afraid to give him the impeachment he deserves because if he was removed from office we'd be stuck with Dick on our hands.

Archived