$170,000/yr position four construction projects

Guest Peter Higgins

No please stop putting that crap in my mailbox. It was quite disturbing, looked a little loaded and sounded a little loaded.

71985[/snapback]

OK ***, YOU ARE LOADED WITH THE BIG PAYCHECK YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS TOWN AND YOU DO NOTHING. GET A LIFE IDIOT

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Maria...it was disgusting and so were the comments you were making while filming, I would get up and walk out if I were at the meeting Steve sounds like a whining 3 year old. I was waiting for him to throw himself on the floor and call out for a pacifier. Give me a break...and also if I was Carol and he talked to me the way he was in the video I would have walked over and puched him right in the mouth.

71984[/snapback]

LISTEN YOUR BARK IS BIGGER THEN YOUR BITE. YOU HIDE BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER AND POST THESE STUPID ASS COMMENTS. GO AHEAD PUNCH WHO EVER THE F*CK YOU WANT BUT I'LL SEE YOU B**ch CRYING DOWN AT THE STATION. IT'S F*CKING WRONG TO WALK OUT ON ANYONE WHILE THEY ARE SPEAKING. AS FAR AS CAROL SHE' AN A HOLE THINKING SHE WOULD DO THE BATTLING FOR THE OTHER SHITHEADS. SHE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT. AFTERALL, DIDN'T HER MOTHER TELL HER IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY SAY NOTHING AT ALL? YOU ON THE OTHER HAND STUDID IS AS STUPID DOES AND YOU APPARENTLY HAVE BEEN TAUGHT BY THE MAYOR AND HIS MEN! IDIOT.

Where  is  Apples on this report.  ???

71688[/snapback]

exactly how many people work for the redevelopement? by working i mean get a salary? and how many of these people collect another check from another job in town? can anyone answer that? from all the posting here one is lead to believe it's the same group from the town hall. can someone respond???????????why are they not being investigated? post their names and salaries. those ethics chasers start there earn your vote. do your homework before election day expose all those people for the slimes they are! ;)

"State officials are now examining the circumstances behind one of the most fortunate, former councilman Pete Higgins III, who worked for the Harrison schools for a quarter-century. In 2003, on the same day Higgins retired, the district appointed him to a new, $170,000-a-year position to coordinate four construction projects." Star Ledger (front page) 10/22/2007

Now

RESIGN

70268[/snapback]

IF THE NJAG HAD DONE HIS JOB IN THE 90'S WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM. REMEMBER ********** **********, A COMPANY THAT WAS HIRED TO ***** *** ** ******* ********* HARRISON SCHOOLS? THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE INDICTMENTS THEN, BUT POLITICIANS MADE IT ALL GO AWAY. IF THE NJAG IS IN CHARGE OF THIS INVESTIGATION, FORGET ABOUT IT, IT WILL GO AWAY TOO. ;)

LISTEN YOUR BARK IS BIGGER THEN YOUR BITE. YOU HIDE BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER AND POST THESE STUPID ASS COMMENTS. GO AHEAD PUNCH WHO EVER THE F*CK YOU WANT BUT I'LL SEE YOU B**ch CRYING DOWN AT THE STATION. IT'S F*CKING WRONG TO WALK OUT ON ANYONE WHILE THEY ARE SPEAKING. AS FAR AS CAROL SHE' AN A HOLE THINKING SHE WOULD DO THE BATTLING FOR THE OTHER SHITHEADS. SHE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT. AFTERALL, DIDN'T HER MOTHER TELL HER IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY SAY NOTHING AT ALL? YOU ON THE OTHER HAND STUDID IS AS STUPID DOES AND YOU APPARENTLY HAVE BEEN TAUGHT BY THE MAYOR AND HIS MEN! IDIOT.

72093[/snapback]

You see another hissy pissy fit!!!!! This is what they are going to do every time they don't get their way.

IF THE NJAG HAD DONE HIS JOB IN THE 90'S WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM. REMEMBER ********** **********, A COMPANY THAT WAS HIRED TO ***** *** ** ******* ********* HARRISON SCHOOLS? THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE INDICTMENTS THEN, BUT POLITICIANS MADE IT ALL GO AWAY. IF THE NJAG IS IN CHARGE OF THIS INVESTIGATION, FORGET ABOUT IT, IT WILL GO AWAY TOO. :)

72106[/snapback]

Why not investigate how this could happen!! Where, are the FEDS?

An investigation like that would go a long way in cleaning up government.

IF THE NJAG HAD DONE HIS JOB IN THE 90'S WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM. REMEMBER ********** **********, A COMPANY THAT WAS HIRED TO ***** *** ** ******* ********* HARRISON SCHOOLS? THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE INDICTMENTS THEN, BUT POLITICIANS MADE IT ALL GO AWAY. IF THE NJAG IS IN CHARGE OF THIS INVESTIGATION, FORGET ABOUT IT, IT WILL GO AWAY TOO. B)

72106[/snapback]

Just who made it go away ? Who was involved ?

Pay Attention NJAG and US AG and start from then foward. Weed the garden !

Pay Attention NJAG and US AG and start from then foward. Weed  the garden !

72357[/snapback]

Ask the Star Ledger and Observer of copies of that investigation. It also made front page headlines. Ask the reporter who wrote the latest article to research it.

The NJAG has a poor history of rooting out corrupt politicians. That's because they are political appointees.

72357[/snapback]

Who was involved? The 3rd. and 2 HPD Officers

72357[/snapback]

Who was involved? The 3rd. and 2 HPD Officers

Ask the Star Ledger and Observer of copies of that investigation. It also made front page headlines. Ask the reporter who wrote the latest article to research it.

The NJAG has a poor history of rooting out corrupt politicians. That's because they are political appointees.

72428[/snapback]

Are you expecting us to believe that the NJAG office is corrupt or did they just blow it ?

That happens, now and again.

• 2 weeks later...
Funny everybody thinks they have the facts at election time, where have you been all year if you know so much???

71346[/snapback]

You are correct pal! She doesn't have what she is supposed to have. Ask Ray why the taxpayers are footing all of the bill when the town can get taxayer relief.

Gov. Whitman gave the town permission to have a 'tempory' acting director for a yr or so, unill the civil service test was put forth to get one.

As 'Acting Director, the town was supposed to advertise for a 'GRADUATE DEGREE'  bona-fide  "Permanent"  Libray Director with an MLS degree 8 yrs ago and has not done so.    A few of the records in Trenton had the 'previous'  Kearny Library Diector 'filling in' as our libray director.

THE CIVIL -SERVICE TEST FOR A MLS CERTIFIED LIBRARY DIRECTOR IS LONG OVER-DUE!  I bet the Civil Service dept officials in Trenton are  nor aware that our town has gone for over 8 yrs with  a population of over 10,000 whereby a municpal libray is required to have a library director who possesses a MLS degree, and nothing has been done to fill the position.  No advertisement for applicants to apply for a civil service test to fill the positon in over 10 yrs.

71628[/snapback]

Well, what about Christie Christman and all of his investigations here? Hello?

You are correct pal!  She doesn't have what she is supposed to have.  Ask Ray why the taxpayers are footing all of the bill when the town can get taxayer relief.

73686[/snapback]

Relax Steve!!!

Relax Steve!!!

74044[/snapback]

Yeah, relax and pays your court ordered fines, that will help the rest of us honest law abiding citizens get some tax relief to the tune of $ 300,000- WOW !!!

Guest BlueTideBacker

Any municipality, contemplating a major redevelopment project such as what

Harrison is undergoing would have hired a professional planner to look out for

Harrison's interests, so we didn't give away the store, so it was developed

to the benefit of Harrison residents (i.e. some green space). The mayor and

council apparently didn't think that was necessary.

Harrison is undergoing would have advertised for a professional municipal

engineer with development experience to oversee the project (at $170,000 we

would have received many resume's to review). The mayor and council again

apparently didn't think that was necessary. It seems they believed we had "in

house" people with the requisite knowledge, training and experience to handle

such a huge project. It seems the same logic ? was applied when the mayor

and council hired the public works director. Is it any wonder Harrison has caught

the attention of law enforcement ??

Guest Senior Harrison Resident

Harrison is undergoing would have hired a professional planner to look out for

Harrison's interests, so we didn't give away the store, so it was developed

to the benefit of Harrison residents (i.e. some green space). The mayor and

council apparently didn't think that was necessary.

Harrison is undergoing would have advertised for a professional municipal

engineer with development experience to oversee the project (at $170,000 we

would have  received many resume's to review).  The mayor and council again

apparently didn't think that was necessary.  It seems they believed we had "in

house" people with the requisite knowledge, training and experience to handle

such a huge project.  It seems the same logic ? was applied when the mayor

and council hired the public works director. Is it any wonder Harrison has caught

the attention of law enforcement ??

74198[/snapback]

Thank you for this post, I couldn't agree more.

2 HPD Officers?????  Whooooooo???????????????

If thats true - hope they hang them!

74207[/snapback]

The officers are retired and the statute of limitation is over so there can't be any prosecutions on that case. You can thank the NJAG for not prosecuting that case at that time.

The officers are retired and the statute of limitation is over so there can't be any prosecutions on that case. You can thank the NJAG for not prosecuting that case at that time.

74343[/snapback]

enlighten me - what are you talking about? I'm not aware of this, please tell.