Police and Firefighters test ?

Guest Guest

Did anyone know that there is a test for Police and Firefighters being held?

The only catch is that you have to be fully trained and experienced.

That leaves out about 99.99% of the young people from Harrison.

Did anyone on the council know about this one?

Why should we pay taxes to keep

out of town people in jobs.

Win Back Harrison

Win Back Harrison

70222[/snapback]

That’s not true. There is a new list due out soon and you do not have to be trained. If your talking about the add in the paper the other day that is for F/F already on the job in other towns that want to do a lateral transfer. This saves time and money on training.

Check the NJDOP web site for F/F qualifications:

http://webapps.dop.state.nj.us/jobspec/01839.htm

Win Back Harrison

70222[/snapback]

It's called "Pick and Choose." This way they can pick who they want, and are able to circumvent the civil service process.

Thats how they have been hiring for years. It is to circumvent the NAACP lawsuit. They keep hiring Hudson County Sheriffs Officers.

By the way the town is civil service and the test is opened up to the counties of Hudson, Essex and Union. Therefore you must score high and compete with the out of towners anyway. The day of the intown police and firefighters is over and that is throughout the state not just Harrison. The last time a Harrison candidate finished first he left for a higher paying police job in Kearny. Thats just the way it is. Good luck and go to the NJ DOP website for promotional exam listings.

By the way you can take other tests and become either a policeman or firefighter in another municipality. Many that pay much better and are better run. Hopefully, the residents don't look at you like an out of towner and treat you any different.

How about that accident on the corner of Bergen and 4th Wednesday morning. Looks like it happened right in front of a cop who was supposed to be directing traffic. Funny how he was standing there with his mouth wide open while the crossing guard next to him was trying to direct traffic. He's getting paid to do what again?

is anyone going to wish me luck on my sgts test tonight? I cannot wait to come out number 1 and get promoted. Do you think the town will make any sgts in the light of all the bullshit going on? PS i paid alot of money for a study class will i be reimbursed?

:wub:

How about that accident on the corner of Bergen and 4th Wednesday morning.  Looks like it happened right in front of a cop who was supposed to be directing traffic.  Funny how he was standing there with his mouth wide open while the crossing guard next to him was trying to direct traffic.  He's getting paid to do what again?

70400[/snapback]

PUT UP WITH YOUR BULLSHIT DAILY

is anyone going to wish me luck on my sgts test tonight?  I cannot wait to come out number 1 and get promoted.  Do you think the town will make any sgts in the light of all the bullshit going on?  PS i paid alot of money for a study class will i be reimbursed?

70498[/snapback]

How'd You do #1. I hope. Don't worry about the make believe investigation. It's only

election year hype.

If the investigation is for real. When you hear that one or two of those alledgedly involved has rolled and believe me they will. It's time to be concerned. The reason for this is if they ever saw you cross against the red the Feds will hear about it.

Best of Luck Brother

As far as the money goes . FURGET ABOUT IT!

How about that accident on the corner of Bergen and 4th Wednesday morning.  Looks like it happened right in front of a cop who was supposed to be directing traffic.  Funny how he was standing there with his mouth wide open while the crossing guard next to him was trying to direct traffic.  He's getting paid to do what again?

70400[/snapback]

STICK A SOCK IN IT! GO CALL YOUR SUPERVISOR SEE IF HIS MOM CAN SWING BY BEFORE SONNY GOES POTTY! :wub: