Stadium Costs

Guest Senior Town Resident

Guest Senior Town Resident

Using the number of 4,000 taxpaying families in Harrison as a basis, the $40,000,000 borrowed for the stadium will cost each family an additional $10,000. in taxes. And that's not considering interest payments.

I suppose the mayor and council just assumed we would all be in favor of spending our money on a soccer stadium. Is that why a referendum was not held on this project to ask our opinion ??

I can't wait for next years elections.

Using the number of 4,000 taxpaying families in Harrison as a basis, the $40,000,000 borrowed for the stadium will cost each family an additional $10,000. in taxes. And that's not considering interest payments.

I suppose the mayor and council just assumed we would all be in favor of spending our money on a soccer stadium. Is that why a referendum was not held on this project to ask our opinion ??

Well that’s only if the stadium doesn't work out. Right.

It's scary because they can't even get 1000 people at a playoff game. I n fact it's safe to say that the Metrostars are the least likely to succeed out of all the MLS teams. Now that’s scary.

Using the number of 4,000 taxpaying families in Harrison as a basis, the $40,000,000  borrowed for the stadium will cost each family an additional $10,000. in taxes. And that's not considering interest payments.

I suppose the mayor and council just assumed we would all be in favor of spending our money on a soccer stadium.  Is that why a referendum was not held on this project to ask our opinion ??

Just for your information, there is roughly 1600 to 1700 owner-occupied housing units in Harrison- nowhere near the 4,000 you cite. However, that only serves your argument that much better. But don't forget to factor in the commercial and industrial ratables.

However you look at it, someone has turned their wet dream over young Latin and South Amercian soccer players into Harrison's nightmare!!! :unsure:

Archived