Kearny Resident Dies in Iraq

Guest Guest

WAR CLAIMS N.J. PAIR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 22, 2005 -- Two soldiers from New Jersey have been killed in Iraq, officials said.

Army Staff Sgt. Edward Karolasz, 25, of Kearny, N.J., was killed Saturday by a roadside bomb while on patrol near Beiji, about 150 miles north of Baghdad.

Karolasz, who was on his second tour of duty in Iraq.

In Howell, N.J., Army officials at the weekend advised the family of Dennis W. Zilinski II that he had died in Iraq.

Zilinski, 23, the son of a Vietnam veteran, attended the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

The military did not release details about Zilinski's death.

Link to Story

God bless him and his family. HE IS A HERO.

Hopefully the town of Kearny, even Harrison and Hudson County take the deserved time to honor Edward. Don't know him at all, but he is in my prayers tomorrow.

Please, agree with the war or not, do not use this thread to discuss; start another one.

Please use this subject to honor Edward.

And to you with the erroneous last post info...... get lost

Guest Guest_Neighbor_*

KOTW posted on the main page (www.kearnyontheweb.com) the wake and funeral information (Thurs, Friday and Saturday) There is also a link to the legacy.com page for Edward. I thank you for getting the information out there. I hope the town comes out to honor this hero of ours.

Archived