a question

Guest 4jules

does anyone recall a place during the 40's and 50's? it was in the river but the yacht club. i believe it was "the barge". kinda a burger and beer place from what i have been told. any help would be terrific.

does anyone recall a place during the 40's and 50's?  it was in the river but the yacht club.  i believe it was "the barge". kinda a burger and beer place from what i have been told.  any help would be terrific.

69373[/snapback]

THE APPLES INN

does anyone recall a place during the 40's and 50's?  it was in the river but the yacht club.  i believe it was "the barge". kinda a burger and beer place from what i have been told.  any help would be terrific.

69373[/snapback]

Maby, O'Harras

69373[/snapback]

If memory serves me, there was a "Kearny Yacht Club" situated at the bottom of Bergen Ave. in the area of what is now the archery range. It was across from "The Old Soldiers Home" ruins that is now the bunny hill. I'm not sure but it may have also been called "The Barge".

Hope this helps.

O'Hara's was further up Passaic Ave.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest David Phillips

Yes, there was a place called the Kearny Yacht Club. It was owned by my grandmother's brother, Jimmy Clark. My grandparents worked part-time there - as did my father when he was going through dental school. From the stories I heard, it was a great place. How do you know of it?

If memory serves me, there was a "Kearny Yacht Club" situated at the bottom of Bergen Ave. in the area of  what is now the archery range. It was across from "The Old Soldiers Home" ruins that is now the bunny hill. I'm not sure but it may have also been called "The Barge".

Hope this helps.

O'Hara's was further up Passaic Ave.

69489[/snapback]

The Kearny Yacht Club was owned by Jimmy Clark, my grandmother's brother. The club was housed in a converted barge. From the stories I've heard, it was a very popular club and some well-know bands got their start there.

The Kearny Yacht Club was owned by Jimmy Clark, my grandmother's brother.  The club was housed in a converted barge.  From the stories I've heard, it was a very popular club and some well-know bands got their start there.

73555[/snapback]

After O'Haras burned, it was replaced by Lyles Restaurant