Property Taxpayers Outraged by Huge Increase

Guest Recall Mayor Santos

More and more property owners are fed up with this Mayor and Council for there failure in understanding the plight of the average homeowner.A Mayor with no solutions is a signal that we need new direction for Kearny. The Recall effort is a grassroots effort that will take alot of work but the reason for a recall when explained to the public will be easy, Bottom line is Mayor Santos has raised our taxes every year he has been Mayor and as a result the town has reached TILT. Many residents have either put their house up for sale or could be at risk of losing their home. "LETS GO KEARNY!! STORM THE NEXT TOWN COUNCIL MEETING AND LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD" and then be part of the Recall Effort.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't this post redundant with your other posts? Whatever happened to the petition? Surely, attorney review cannot take that long.

Who are you? If you're aboveboard with your petition, then you cannot remain a secret. You identity will will have to come out. May as well tell us now.

Isn't this post redundant with your other posts? Whatever happened to the petition? Surely, attorney review cannot take that long. 

Who are you? If you're aboveboard with your petition, then you cannot remain a secret. You identity will will have to come out. May as well tell us now.

68743[/snapback]

He is probably a same person like you. Someone with feelings toward this town. When your intentity comes out, probably will his.

68743[/snapback]

why do you want to know this persons name? It seems like your up set. It is true that taxes have gone up every year since santos has been mayor. Is bern your real name?

68743[/snapback]

Bern

Timing is everything, this drive will play itself out soon so please be patient. Again we hope you will join our effort in changing the decisionmaking policies as it relates to property taxes.

Sincerely

The Recall Mayor Alberto G.Santos Effort

Bern

Timing is everything, this drive will play itself out soon so please be patient. Again we hope you will join our effort in changing the decisionmaking policies as it relates to property taxes.

Sincerely

The Recall Mayor Alberto G.Santos Effort

68893[/snapback]

I can wait. :D

More and more property owners are fed up with this Mayor and Council for there failure in understanding the plight of the average homeowner.A Mayor with no solutions is a signal that we need new direction for Kearny. The Recall effort is a grassroots effort that will take alot of work but the reason for a recall when explained to the public will be easy, Bottom line is Mayor Santos has raised our taxes every year he has been Mayor and as a result the town has reached TILT. Many residents have either put their house up for sale or could be at risk of losing their home.    "LETS GO KEARNY!! STORM THE NEXT TOWN COUNCIL MEETING AND LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD" and then be part of the Recall Effort.

68706[/snapback]

I feel the tax math is really not that bad for home OWNERS. 12 Months divided by 10,000 is still under 850.00 a month in tax rent. Try to get an apartment and renters insurance for that. I have a five bedroom home in the third ward that the tax rent comes out to 790 a month . Many people try to blame their problems on taxes when in fact it is the mortgage, the credit cards, cell phone, car wash's, take out food and SUV insurance and pink slip bills they can not afford.

More and more property owners are fed up with this Mayor and Council for there failure in understanding the plight of the average homeowner.A Mayor with no solutions is a signal that we need new direction for Kearny. The Recall effort is a grassroots effort that will take alot of work but the reason for a recall when explained to the public will be easy, Bottom line is Mayor Santos has raised our taxes every year he has been Mayor and as a result the town has reached TILT. Many residents have either put their house up for sale or could be at risk of losing their home.    "LETS GO KEARNY!! STORM THE NEXT TOWN COUNCIL MEETING AND LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD" and then be part of the Recall Effort.

68706[/snapback]

Dude, you didn't show up at Tuesday's Council meeting. Neither did your alter-ego identitities and your 2 board buddies. What happened??

why do you want to know this persons name?

Probably calling his bluff to see if he's really serious. :ninja: And what Bern said was true--it wouldn't be possible to go from this stage to actually having a recall while remaining anonymous the entire time anyway.

Also, it does just sound like a lot of hot air without really having anything behind it. He can sure complain, but I'm not seeing any solutions or alternatives in his posts (simply calling for a recall all by itself doesn't count).

Dude, you didn't show up at Tuesday's Council meeting.  Neither did your alter-ego identitities and your 2 board buddies.  What happened??

69121[/snapback]

Dude

This movement is growing before your very eyes. Mayor Santos should prepare himself because there will be a mob at a council meeting at some point in this recall effort, we have plenty of time to make the public aware of the mismanagement that has put this town in a position that will take years to get out of,We won't disappoint you,at some point there will be a mob at a council meeting,so keep posting because it provides motivation in our goal of recalling this Mayor,So keep your posts coming!!!!

Dude

This movement is growing before your very eyes.

And we all believe you, in light of you making good on your comments about storming the last meeting. Oh, wait...

Mayor Santos should prepare himself because there will be a mob at a council meeting at some point

Oh, no! Not "at some point!" I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep at night with a warning like that! :D

You sure took a lot of words to essentially write "You'll see, you'll see!"

Dude

This movement is growing before your very eyes. Mayor Santos should prepare himself because there will be a mob at a council meeting at some point in this recall effort, we have plenty of time to make the public aware of the mismanagement that has put this town in a position that will take years to get out of,We won't disappoint you,at some point there will be a mob at a council meeting,so keep posting because it provides motivation in our goal of recalling this Mayor,So keep your posts coming!!!!

69236[/snapback]

[/quo WHEN IS THE NEXT TOWN MEETING? MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS THERE.

Guest Senior Citizen
Dude, you didn't show up at Tuesday's Council meeting.  Neither did your alter-ego identitities and your 2 board buddies.  What happened??

69121[/snapback]

You woke up a sleeping giant, (The Taxpaying Public)

69121[/snapback]

Difficult when he wants to keep his identity a secret.

I asked him why his identity is a secret and he said timing is everything. He expects people to follow and believe in him while keeping his identity a secret. Only suckers follow "secret" leaders.

He'll never come out of the closet.

There are some who instigate trouble by getting others to spread their rumors or do their vile deeds while they remain hiding.

Guest a proud american

I asked him why his identity is a secret and he said timing is everything. He expects people to follow and believe in him while keeping his identity a secret. Only suckers follow "secret" leaders.

There are some who instigate trouble by getting others to spread their rumors or do their vile deeds while they remain hiding.

69269[/snapback]

What I would like to know is if the mayor is recalled who replaces him? Does someone from the council step in or do you have to hold a separate election?

Assuming they are successful in gathering enough signatures when would the recall election take place?

And, approximately how much would it cost to hold the election? I am not for or against anyone but am interested in an answer. I hope that the recall committee has given this some thought because as they say, sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Recall Man

69269[/snapback]

The winds of change are coming because the taxpaying public has had enough of Mayor Santos. This movement will get underway very soon.We've all been suckers under this Mayor and Council.

Guest Recall supporter

The winds of change are coming because the taxpaying public has had enough of Mayor Santos. This movement will get underway very soon.We've all been suckers under this Mayor and Council.

70754[/snapback]

[/quo

Count me in.

68706[/snapback]

I agree with you, but it's not just the average taxpayer feeling the pinch here. My parents are senior citizens living in Kearny. does this mayor and town council understand the hardship their placing on Kearny's elderly. Or how about renters in town, everytime Santo's and his cabal raise tax's I have to raise the rents on my tenants. Those of us who own multifamily bldgs are hurting also. My family pays close to $33,000.00 in tax's yearly to Kearny. 3 houses at approx. $11,000 each. One of my parents neighbors pays $14,000 a year. So when the mayor say's the average tax bill is just under $7500.00 I say BS. Unfortunatly there currently are no viable Republican candidates to challenge Santos. What I find to be amusing is that the very people who voted for Santos are being the most closeted vocal. what I mean by that is a large percentage of the Portuguese population in my neighborhood are complaining about tax's but won't take on one of their own.

Guest Keith-Marshall,MO
I feel the tax math is really not that bad for home OWNERS. 12 Months divided by 10,000 is still under 850.00 a month in tax rent. Try to get an apartment and renters insurance for that.  I have a five bedroom home in the third ward that the tax rent comes out to 790 a month . Many people try to blame their problems on taxes when in fact it is the mortgage, the credit cards, cell phone, car wash's, take out food and SUV insurance and pink slip bills they can not afford.

69044[/snapback]

What is tax rent? I've never heard that particular term. Are you saying that $790 is your actual monthly property tax bill?

Also, it does just sound like a lot of hot air without really having anything behind it. He can sure complain, but I'm not seeing any solutions or alternatives in his posts .

69144[/snapback]

Kinda sounds like you very much, don't you think?

What I would like to know is if the mayor is recalled who replaces him? Does someone from the council step in or do you have to hold a separate election?

Assuming they are successful in gathering enough signatures when would the recall election take place?

And, approximately how much would it cost to hold the election? I am not for or against anyone but am interested in an answer. I hope that the recall committee has given this some thought because as they say, sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

69478[/snapback]

These are very good questions that I would also like to know, another one is when is Santos' term over, when is the next mayorial election in Kearny?

I agree with you, but it's not just the average taxpayer feeling the pinch here. My parents are senior citizens living in Kearny. does this mayor and town council understand the hardship their placing on Kearny's elderly. Or how about renters in town, everytime Santo's and his cabal raise tax's I have to raise the rents on my tenants. Those of us who own multifamily bldgs are hurting also. My family pays close to $33,000.00 in tax's yearly to Kearny. 3 houses at approx. $11,000 each. One of my parents neighbors pays $14,000 a year. So when the mayor say's the average tax bill is just under $7500.00 I say BS. Unfortunatly there currently are no viable Republican candidates  to challenge Santos. What I find to be amusing is that the very people who voted for Santos are being the most closeted vocal. what I mean by that is a large percentage of the Portuguese population in my neighborhood are complaining about tax's but won't take on one of their own.

71008[/snapback]

Still an anti-Santos rant with no proposed solutions. Still a complete waste of space.

There are a lot of complaints (even though they're coming from like the same five or six people); don't worry about filling a quota there. What we need now from you are alternatives and solutions. Kicking Santos out wouldn't magically fix anything.

Let me know when you actually have something constructive to say.

These are very good questions that I would also like to know, another one is when is Santos' term over, when is the next mayorial election in Kearny?

71098[/snapback]

Santos was just re-elected last year for a three-year term. So the next mayoral election is in 2009.