Election Day

Guest Citizen

"But" nothing. Your rhetoric stinks. Of the voters who cared enough to go to the polls, over 4300 voted for Santos and only 48 actually voted against him. You can't consider the eligibles who didn't show because they have the potential to go either way. You can't assume that all those who didn't vote are anti-Santos. That's like saying your favorite football team had the potential to score three touchdowns but actually crossed the goal line only once. Percentages, possibilities, ratios, demographics and wishful thinking count for nothing. When the game is over, the only stat that counts is the number of points on the board! 

Maybe you've got it all wrong. Maybe the "complacents" are just satisfied with the way things are going. It seems to me, if the anti-Santos legions are as large and as unhappy as you would like everyone to believe, they would have been inspired enough to do something--run a slate, do a write-in--something besides griping.

Al Santos is a power in Hudson County he can deliver 4300 plus votes. Now the County has to really pay attention to us!

I understand there are 33755 registered voters in Kearny..6659 voted in a general election when a governor was being elected.. 20% voter turnout..6659 voted of which Santos got 60%.....you can say what you like, yes he won and a win is ok even if it's 1 vote, but the mandate was light in the loafers and certainly not "big".

You are right. These numbers are a disgrace to the Democratic Machine of Hudson County.

If the Republicans had offered a stronger canidate. The poor performance of the Kearny Dems could have lost it for the party. I'm sure the Santos organization did its best and it only came up with 4300 plus votes.

I'm sure the Mayor is not happy with the results. Certainly he is happy for the win, but he is not stupid. He can interpid what the voters are saying about him and his organization.

He really is not a bad guy but he is listening to some of the wrong people too often.

Let's hope we can survive the next tax hike and that we have a mild winter.

Good luck Mayor Santos!

Guest Radagast
I understand there are 33755 registered voters in Kearny..6659 voted in a general election when a governor was being elected.. 20% voter turnout..6659 voted of which Santos got 60%.....you can say what you like, yes he won and a win is ok even if it's 1 vote, but the mandate was light in the loafers and certainly not "big".

I believe that there are about 13,000-14,000 registered voters in Kearny. 33,775 may be the total population. 6659 is about the state average, however, considering that the local elections were uncontested, over 4000 voting for Mayor ain't shabby.

Titter, titter.

Surely someone as perfect as you, (evidenced by your numerous spelling corrections on this site), would no how to spell hypocrisy.  Perhaps your intellect is grossly exaggerated.  By you, not me.

As for who moved the election, I really couldn't care less who was responsible for it.  Like I've said to you all along, wrong is wrong regardless of which party did it.

The difference, is that I'm even willing to call my own party on it.  This, you will never do. 

Rah! Rah! Continue the cheerleading, moron.

Chuckle, Chuckle!

Oh, I KNOW how to spell "hypocrisy", but you don't KNOW how to spell KNOW!

Loki, I'm sooooo disappointed by your name calling. It's so unlike you, Hun. (That's Hun, as in Attila the...!)

Chuckle, Chuckle!

Oh, I KNOW how to spell "hypocrisy", but you don't KNOW how to spell KNOW!

Loki, I'm sooooo disappointed by your name calling. It's so unlike you, Hun. (That's Hun, as in Attila the...!)

Thanks for clearing up the "hun" part, was afraid you were trying to use some of that dizzying intellect on me.

One day, in the distant future, you might be able to add objectivity to your reportoire, of course I won't hold my breath.

You know, when individuals make snide remarks about the sexuality of others, it's usually because they are unsure of their own sexual identity, Sweets.

I made no such snide comment, and cannot help how my comments are inferred by you. Nice try.

"But" nothing. Your rhetoric stinks. Of the voters who cared enough to go to the polls, over 4300 voted for Santos and only 48 actually voted against him. You can't consider the eligibles who didn't show because they have the potential to go either way. You can't assume that all those who didn't vote are anti-Santos. That's like saying your favorite football team had the potential to score three touchdowns but actually crossed the goal line only once. Percentages, possibilities, ratios, demographics and wishful thinking count for nothing. When the game is over, the only stat that counts is the number of points on the board! 

Maybe you've got it all wrong. Maybe the "complacents" are just satisfied with the way things are going. It seems to me, if the anti-Santos legions are as large and as unhappy as you would like everyone to believe, they would have been inspired enough to do something--run a slate, do a write-in--something besides griping.

But when will Mayor Santos institute his 10 Point Plan? :rolleyes:

I hope you get a good cost of living increase on that retirement income of yours.

I made no such snide comment, and cannot help how my comments are inferred by you.  Nice try.

Well, aren't we full of ourself? You're not the only poster on this site! I wasn't responding to YOU. Pay attention! If you had actually read the sequence, you would know that I was responding to post #23, November 11th from "Unsure". Not so nice try!

(But it does prove my point about your not being able to resist reading my posts...and replying!)

Guest Retired English Teacher
Titter, titter.

Surely someone as perfect as you, (evidenced by your numerous spelling corrections on this site), would no how to spell hypocrisy.  Perhaps your intellect is grossly exaggerated.  By you, not me.

As a teacher of English, when marking papers I would deduct two points for typing errors or minor misspellings, but ten points for misuse of common homophones such as NO and KNOW (as illustrated in the post above). Although I could not find the incorrect spelling of the word HYPOCRISY in A. Realist's post, I did find one in which you spelled REPERTOIRE incorrectly. At any rate, it does my teacher's heart good to see any interest, for whatever reason, in the proper use of language.

I think, whether because of his education or life experience, A. Realist is a very good writer with a much more than average intellect. As a conservative, I do not always agree with his opinion, but I love the way in which it is presented.

As a teacher of English, when marking papers I would deduct two points for typing errors or minor misspellings, but ten points for misuse of common homophones such as NO and KNOW (as illustrated in the post above).  Although I could not find the incorrect spelling of the word HYPOCRISY in A. Realist's post, I did find one in which you spelled REPERTOIRE incorrectly.  At any rate, it does my teacher's heart good to see any interest, for whatever reason, in the proper use of language. 

I think, whether because of his education or life experience, A. Realist is a very good writer with a much more than average intellect.  As a conservative, I do not always agree with his opinion, but I love the way in which it is presented.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: SO YOU LIKE THE SPIN MASTER! ARE YOU THAT DIZZY? YOU LIKE HIS SPINNNNNNNNNNN

As a teacher of English, when marking papers I would deduct two points for typing errors or minor misspellings, but ten points for misuse of common homophones such as NO and KNOW (as illustrated in the post above).  Although I could not find the incorrect spelling of the word HYPOCRISY in A. Realist's post, I did find one in which you spelled REPERTOIRE incorrectly.  At any rate, it does my teacher's heart good to see any interest, for whatever reason, in the proper use of language. 

I think, whether because of his education or life experience, A. Realist is a very good writer with a much more than average intellect.  As a conservative, I do not always agree with his opinion, but I love the way in which it is presented.

Listen up sizzle chits. This is a bulletin board and most people are just making quick postings in a style that is "conversational". Realist corrects peoples postings to feel superior and draw attention away from the meaning of the post.

Who are you? Mark Twain. :rolleyes:

Listen up sizzle chits.  This is a bulletin board and most people are just making quick postings in a style that is "conversational".  Realist corrects peoples postings to feel superior and draw attention away from the meaning of the post.

Who are you? Mark Twain. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: A REALIST = SPINNNNNNNNNNNNN ;)B)

Your understanding is incorrect. At 6659 votes, Kearny's percentage was slightly over 40%---right about the state average. If you obtained your information from the calculations released on Election Night, you need to get the amended data from Town Hall.

How could you even consider that in a town with a total population of approximately 40,000, there could be 33,755 registered voters?

Your understanding is incorrect. At 6659 votes, Kearny's percentage was slightly over 40%---right about the state average. If you obtained your information from the calculations released on Election Night, you need to get the amended data from Town Hall.

How could you even consider that in a town with a total population of approximately 40,000, there could be 33,755 registered voters?

A. Realist, super genius. :P

Archived