Hockey Season coming soon.

AMG

Why? Who cares?

Those of us who like threads to stay on-topic? What's so bad about wanting that, seriously?

If this forum didn't allow anonymous posting, it would be a different story--put the spammers/trolls on ignore and be done with it (as I've done with Bryan). But no, because you can't put 'guest' on ignore, it's hard to get five posts into ANY thread here without having to see the same people whining/trolling about the same crap. It gets frustrating is all.

You open yourself to the personal attacks you claim you must address.

'She wouldn't get raped if she stayed indoors all the time!'

How exactly do I "open myself" to personal attacks? What have I done to merit them? Is being active on the forum all it takes to deserve it? Really?

Let them whine and lie and cheat and steal ..... all the attention.....if you can.  Personally, I like the entertainment value here.  It's the best "reality" gig going.  Peace. Let it go.

69512[/snapback]

The easiest and best solution is still to disallow anonymous posting (and in turn, making users accountable for being disruptive/spreading false information/etc.). The only reason given for not doing that is "we want to allow all points of view," as if there is anything more than a few minutes of one's time in the way of registering and then posting--it's not obstacle at all, and I still think that's bad judgment. Put it together with the appearance that it's run by one person (and inconsistently, at that), and all the more reason to not let any random troll clutter up the place.

We're obviously operating on different premises. Unlike you, I'm not here to be merely 'entertained.' I want to participate. You might not care because you're seeking "entertainment," but it's a little different for someone like me.

And how many sports in this town have players sign-up and then never continue to participate. Look at soccer, football, baseball.... players quit everyday, will they ALL be banished from the sport  ;)

69498[/snapback]

I am sure there were and are those players who have never participated but those players do not come on here with their name of Matthew LaClair and say they want to play again after they did that, do they?

lol, "whinning."

Getting angry at people for being dishonest is justified. Complaining about someone doing the right thing is not. Our actions are not the same, as much as you wish they were.

I GUESS IF YOU WRITE IN ALL CAPS IT'LL MAGICALLY MAKE YOU RIGHT, RIGHT?

Wrong.

69479[/snapback]

Does anyone else here notice that when Paul is not posting for days here, either is Strife or Matthew LaClair? Just an observation, which I am sure they will try to get around.

I am sure there were and are those players who have never participated but those players do not come on here with their name of Matthew LaClair

LOL, what the hell does the name have to do with anything?

and say they want to play again after they did that, do they?

69648[/snapback]

Do you honestly think that no one has ever seeked to return to play a sport they 'dropped out' of a previous year/session for whatever reason?

Does anyone else here notice that when Paul is not posting for days here, either

You mean "neither," don't you? If you do, I understand the sentence, but not the logic (I HAVE been posting, after all); if not, I'm not exactly sure what you're saying to begin with.

is Strife or Matthew LaClair?  Just an observation, which I am sure they will try to get around.

69649[/snapback]

What is there to get around, exactly? What are you accusing us of?

Guest Guest_Curious in VA_*
Does anyone else here notice that when Paul is not posting for days here, either is Strife or Matthew LaClair?  Just an observation, which I am sure they will try to get around.

69649[/snapback]

Sorry I still get in-

Who cares? On a forum where it is not mandatory to register its a moot point. It is possible that there are people who have mulitple logins, just like there may only be one or two "guests" who post. I believe that there was a KHS Musical topic where the "guest" actually was the same person writing back and forth to themselves bumping the topic with the banter. I appreciate it when there is an actual user, since it makes it easier to communicate directly to the person/persona, but I'm here to read, learn and debate, so I'm less tied up in the "this is really Paul, or Matthew= Strife" confusion. Perhaps in a different environment I would take offense, but here it is an open board so I keep that in perspective when replying to a specific user....

Does it matter who writes a comment or do the points made in a comment matter most?

I am sure there were and are those players who have never participated but those players do not come on here with their name of Matthew LaClair and say they want to play again after they did that, do they?

69648[/snapback]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT AN A$$ YOU SOUND LIKE?? SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT,

HE CAN'T PLAY....

BECAUSE HIS NAME IS MATTHEW LACLAIR,

BECAUSE HE DID SOMETHING YOU DON'T AGREE WITH,

BECAUSE HE HAD AN ISSUE WITH SOMEONE ELSE, NOT YOU....

AND HE CAN'T PLAY BECAUSE HE SIGNED UP AND QUIT LAST YEAR.

DO I HAVE THAT STRAIGHT?? BECAUSE IF THAT'S YOUR REASONING YOU NEED SERIOUS HELP :o

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT AN A$$ YOU SOUND LIKE?? SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT,

HE CAN'T PLAY....

BECAUSE HIS NAME IS MATTHEW LACLAIR,

BECAUSE HE DID SOMETHING YOU DON'T AGREE WITH, 

BECAUSE HE HAD AN ISSUE WITH SOMEONE ELSE, NOT YOU....

AND HE CAN'T PLAY BECAUSE HE SIGNED UP AND QUIT LAST YEAR.

DO I HAVE THAT STRAIGHT?? BECAUSE IF THAT'S YOUR REASONING YOU NEED SERIOUS HELP  :o

69688[/snapback]

No D**bA** you've got it all wrong. No one said he can't play.

He has every right to sign up if he wants to. He just makes himself sound like a fool for bitching about there not being enough kids to sign up, when he lets his team down and quits because something better comes along.

Guest Guest on quest blah blah blah...
Those of us who like threads to stay on-topic? What's so bad about wanting that, seriously?

If this forum didn't allow anonymous posting, it would be a different story--put the spammers/trolls on ignore and be done with it (as I've done with Bryan). But no, because you can't put 'guest' on ignore, it's hard to get five posts into ANY thread here without having to see the same people whining/trolling about the same crap. It gets frustrating is all.

How exactly do I "open myself" to personal attacks? What have I done to merit them? Is being active on the forum all it takes to deserve it? Really?

The easiest and best solution is still to disallow anonymous posting (and in turn, making users accountable for being disruptive/spreading false information/etc.). The only reason given for not doing that is "we want to allow all points of view," as if there is anything more than a few minutes of one's time in the way of registering and then posting--it's not obstacle at all, and I still think that's bad judgment. Put it together with the appearance that it's run by one person (and inconsistently, at that), and all the more reason to not let any random troll clutter up the place.

We're obviously operating on different premises. Unlike you, I'm not here to be merely 'entertained.' I want to participate. You might not care because you're seeking "entertainment," but it's a little different for someone like me.

69602[/snapback]

Take it from where it comes from and see the forum for what it is.

Honestly, KOTW is a great source of information (or could be), but most of it is just folks trying to dish personal dirt on anything and everything or just slinging insults around.

And you're right in that most crap directed your way is undeserved, but you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. But, hey who am I to tell you what to do.

I like the anonymous guest feature. It opens things up, good or bad, true or not. Let your hair down fun. The moderator seems to do a good job with the spell checking.

Honestly, I don't know who Strife767 is, although some have claimed they do. The people who post under their real names I give kudos to.

I have nothing of value to add usually, so I don't. When I do, I sign on with my name, (or something close to it) just like you have done.

It is entertaining yes, to see how over the top some people get when you push the right buttons. If you think that this forum is more than that (maybe on some days, but not most), I have to disagree.

"....for someone like me." Well, I don't know what your motivation is, but I state that genuinely, not to mock you. For me, if things get ridiculous, I move on. It's not hard to ignore some of the more inane rants that get posted, even without blocking them.

69602[/snapback]

The problem with going to a "Registered users only" format is simple..there are people who post here who work for various departments in town. Some of them express opinions and give information that the administration (Either departmental or Town) wouldnt like, and are rightly afraid of retaliation.. Talk to some of the town workers sometimes and SEE how Vindictive the current administrator can be when he thinks he's been "Crossed". at least the way it is now, as long as someone isnt posting something libelous or slanderous (Or criminal) they have a small amount of anonymity, since there needs to be a Subpoena to get the ISP records for posters.

The problem with going to a "Registered users only" format is simple..there are people who post here who work for various departments in town.  Some of them express opinions and give information that the administration (Either departmental or Town) wouldnt like, and are rightly afraid of retaliation..  Talk to some of the town workers sometimes and SEE how Vindictive the current administrator can be when he thinks he's been "Crossed".  at least the way it is now, as long as someone isnt posting something libelous or slanderous (Or criminal) they have a small amount of anonymity, since there needs to be a Subpoena to get the ISP records for posters.

69755[/snapback]

Ah, but you seem to miss the fact that one can register, while still using an alias that is wholly disconnected from one's real-life identity. Anyone with that concern can register with some random name, even "Someone1234" if they want, and they will still be effectively anonymous, while at the same time being able to have their posts hidden by anyone (who is also registered) who doesn't want to read them.

So, what do you think?

The easiest and best solution is still to disallow anonymous posting (and in turn, making users accountable for being disruptive/spreading false information/etc.).

69602[/snapback]

Look who is calling the kettle black now? The person who anonymously comes on as Strife767 wants anonymous posting disallowed. Just another load of horse manure that he drops off here because he "cares".

How about giving your real name here, if you really care? Or as one poster called you, are you really Matthew?

Look who is calling the kettle black now?  The person who anonymously comes on as Strife767 wants anonymous posting disallowed.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? First of all, when I say anonymous posting, I mean unregistered; while someone can register with an alias that keeps them anonymous, at least it will give them a unique identity on the forum. Once more, the benefits are:

1. One can put any registered user (whether their identity is known or not) on ignore if they don't want to read their posts. This will also hopefully reduce the number of people whining about someone else's posts--they can just ignore that person's posts instead of making a whole new thread just to bellyache.

2. It is much easier to follow a conversation with someone when they have a unique name. Right now, yes, someone can rename themselves when they post so that they're not "guest," but anyone else can do the same thing with the same name, so that hardly solves anything. Registering gives each poster a unique identity that simplifies communication immensely--much better than wondering which of the sea of "guests" one is currently responding to.

3. When one always has the same account attached to them, one can be held responsible for being disruptive, or attempting to impersonate someone, etc., on the forum, and if it gets really bad, can even be banned if it comes to that.

Just another load of horse manure that he drops off here because he  "cares".

I bet you really wish you knew what you were talking about.

How about giving your real name here,

No thanks, too many people here have said too many creepy things concerning me--I'd be much more comfortable not letting them know who I am.

if you really care?

It's impossible to care about something unless you reveal your identity? What an absurd suggestion.

Or as one poster called you, are you really Matthew?

70044[/snapback]

No, I am still not Matthew. Aren't you paying attention?

~~~~~~~

I'm not responding to any more of this crap in this thread. If you want to talk directly to/about me, I'm open to PMs (private messages) on the forum; go that route.

• 1 month later...