HARRISON HIGH SCHOOL

Guest GUEST

IF YOU WANT

AS A PARENT YOU CAN SIGN THEM OUT, THEN BRING THEM BACK AFTER LUNCH .

69310[/snapback]

DOES THE PARENT HAVE TO COME EACH DAY TO SIGN THEN OUT, OR IS THE PARENT REQUIRED TO COME IN PERSON TO MAKE ARANGEMENTS, TO COVER THE WHOLE YEAR? AREN'T HIGH SCHOOL KIDS OLD ENOUGH TO RETURN BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER LUNCH, WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS TAGGING ALONG?

DOES THE PARENT HAVE TO COME EACH DAY TO SIGN THEN OUT, OR IS THE PARENT REQUIRED TO COME IN PERSON TO  MAKE ARANGEMENTS, TO COVER THE WHOLE YEAR?  AREN'T HIGH SCHOOL KIDS OLD ENOUGH  TO RETURN BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER LUNCH, WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS TAGGING ALONG?

69468[/snapback]

Call and find out for yourself , are you that lazy or just dumb.

Some of us are work during those hours.

69460[/snapback]

Are you kidding? Your kid is in high school not pre school. He or she can eat lunch there without any problem. Enough with the spoiled brat whine. Really. Sign them out to eat lunch? They can't pack it in the AM before school starts? Supervision. Babysitting. Whatever you want to call it - they need it. Observe them sometime. They need to roam around town during the middle of the school day - why?

Harrison High School “Lunch Menu”

The Mayor: Lot’s of Baloney eventually to be grilled served on PITA

The Yes Man a.k.a. The Council Plate: Various Cold Cuts, Chunks of Lobster and a Fruit

The Tanski: Any sandwich served on Toast cut in Quarters

The Housing Authority: “A Garden Delight” A Mix of Greens with Nepotism Dressing

The Town Meeting Burger: Sorry it’s a Secret Recipe

The Planning Board: Whatever You Want Just Take It!

The Redevelopment Board: Same as The Planning Board except with Deeper Pockets

The Zoning Board: Mostly Chicken

The Board of Education: Not Really for Kids

The Kickback: More Greens Take out Only Served in a “Brown Paper Bag”

68316[/snapback]

CLASSIC!

Too bad Hinze's already has a "Department of Public Works" sandwich. You can put the rest of these right on the menu and the people in the above groups would order them without any shame, adding to their already poor diet.

Good work Julia!

Let's Keep It Going - We Need More Sandwiches!

DOES THE PARENT HAVE TO COME EACH DAY TO SIGN THEN OUT, OR IS THE PARENT REQUIRED TO COME IN PERSON TO  MAKE ARANGEMENTS, TO COVER THE WHOLE YEAR?  AREN'T HIGH SCHOOL KIDS OLD ENOUGH  TO RETURN BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER LUNCH, WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS TAGGING ALONG?

69468[/snapback]

It would appear that these kids can not be trusted as such. Therefore the restriction. Maybe they should be provided with car service. Mere pennies but at least the kids won't feel so oppressed. Just slip it in there with next quarters tax increase.

It would appear that these kids can not be trusted as such.  Therefore the restriction.  Maybe they should be provided with car service.  Mere pennies but at least the kids won't feel so oppressed.  Just slip it in there with next quarters tax increase.

69545[/snapback]

as I stated in a previous post, if the kid don't like what is on the menu, they should back a lunch from hone. What is the big deal. These kids should not be roamming around between classes. Why should they go home for lunch since for the most part noone is home. Just gives them more time to get into trouble.

Guest galloping gourmet
ALL THESE PARENTS THAT HAVE CHILDREN THAT EAT IN THESE LUNCH ROOM SHOULD DEMAND A MEETING WITH THIS LUNCH ROOM COMPANY THAT IS SERVING THESE LUNCHES TO THESE KIDS.BUT GUESS WHAT WHERE ARE THE PARENTS AT ANY MEETING THE SCHOOL EVER HAS NO WONDER THEY HAVE PROBLEMS PARENTS OPEN YOU EYES.WHEN  MY CHILDREN WERE IN THIS SCHOOL I WAS THERE ALL THE TIME. A HANDFUL OF PARENTS EVER COME TO ANYTHING THIS DOES NOT  SUPRISE ME. PARENTS  YOU HAVE TO GET INVOLVED.

68247[/snapback]

Is Ronnie Shields eating any of the slop being served. Get him out from under his desk and have him indulge!

as I stated in a previous post, if the kid don't like what is on the menu, they should back a lunch from hone. What is the big deal. These kids should not be roamming around between classes. Why should they go home for lunch since for the most part noone is home. Just gives them more time to get into trouble.

69576[/snapback]

The big deal is you pack a lunch and it sits in your locker with no refridgeration. You are held hostage to the administration by not being able to go home to eat of eat a meal of your choice the way we did when we attended.

How many kids are goin to become ill eating a sandwich that sat out all morning? or worse the food being served by HHS . I love how many people on this site forget how it was when they were young.

The big deal is you pack a lunch and it sits in your locker with no refridgeration.  You are held hostage to the administration by not being able to go home to eat of eat a meal of your choice the way we did when we attended.

How many kids are goin to become ill eating a sandwich that sat out all morning? or worse the food being served by HHS .  I love how many people on this site forget how it was when they were young.

69694[/snapback]

Insulated lunch bags and ice packs have been use for years. Nobody got sick. Construction workers do it all the time, Many people in the work force take their own lunch. I did when I was working, every body did, We did not have a long enough lunch time to go out to eat. Could not afford it anyway. A lot of places did not have cafeterias or the like. As I think about this, my grandkids who live outside of town all take their lunch to school, because they don't always like the school lunch.

The big deal is you pack a lunch and it sits in your locker with no refridgeration.  You are held hostage to the administration by not being able to go home to eat of eat a meal of your choice the way we did when we attended.

How many kids are goin to become ill eating a sandwich that sat out all morning? or worse the food being served by HHS .  I love how many people on this site forget how it was when they were young.

69694[/snapback]

Haven't forgotten, but things are different, when I went home for lunch, my mom was there and had made my lunch, If she wasn't I would not have time to fix my own lunch and get back to school on time. Mothers for the most part are working and not home at lunch time. Its just simplier and safer to stay in school for lunch.

Haven't forgotten, but things are different, when I went home for lunch, my mom was there and had made my lunch, If she wasn't I would not have time to fix my own lunch and get back to school on time.  Mothers for the most part are working and not home at lunch time. Its just simplier and safer to stay in school for lunch.

69709[/snapback]

IT IS MUCH SAFER TO STAY IN SCHOOL FOR LUNCH, WHY WOULD ANYONE COMPLAIN, THERE ARE TO MANY SICK PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD TO LET YOUR KIDS WALK AROUND TOWN.

Is Ronnie Shields eating any of the slop being served. Get him out from under his desk and have him indulge!

69644[/snapback]

Yes, he does. And you should be quiet since you have no clue what's going on over

there.

who runs the cafeteria? is it an outside vendor like aramark??

69745[/snapback]

Why not,

105subs,enzos,ninos or any store owner in town , be allowed to sell their goods in the school why should a outside vendor be givin the sole contract.

THE LOCAL MERCHANTS ARE HURTING AT LUNCHTIME.

Some of us are work during those hours.

69460[/snapback]

Than stop complaining. Anyway its safer for them to be in scholl. I brown baged it for 12 years. If you don't like the hot lunch thats what ya got to do. Stop being so lazy and make them a sandwich in the morning.

69644[/snapback]

Ys know what? YOu are all nuts! All you parents. Thats why all your kids are like they are. Spoiled, fresh and have no respect. You really have alot of never whanting to know what the teachers eat for lunch! Comparing your kids to the teachers. Do you eat the same thing as your Boss? Its none of your business. The rules are the rules wheather your kids like it or not. YOU have to stay inside and it is thier choice to eat the lunch provided or bring your own! I brought my lunch to school and we didn't have insulated bas than and small ice things to keep it cold. Iam still here and didn't get sick. Use your head and you don't pack anything with mayo. Make PB&J, lunchables, the list just goes on & on. Stop listening to your kids, they are probably lying anyway. They just want to get out and hang around. Have you tastd the food? NO you haven't, so shut the ____ up already,

Ys know what?  YOu are all nuts!  All you parents.  Thats why all your kids are like they are. Spoiled, fresh and have no respect.  You really have alot of never whanting to know what the teachers eat for lunch!  Comparing your kids to the teachers.  Do you eat the same thing as your Boss?  Its none of your business.  The rules are the rules wheather your kids like it or not.  YOU have to stay inside and it is thier choice to eat the lunch provided or bring your own!  I brought my lunch to school and we didn't have insulated bas than and small ice things to keep it cold.  Iam still here and didn't get sick.  Use your head and you don't pack anything with mayo.  Make PB&J, lunchables, the list just goes on & on.  Stop listening to your kids, they are probably lying anyway.  They just want to get out and hang around.  Have you tastd the food?  NO you haven't, so shut the ____ up already,

69786[/snapback]

The PTA should go in and taste the lunch, if it is 'not feasable' to have an 'open house day' for the parents to 'come in' and 'sample' the menus that their children are being fed. As for eating the 'same' munu as the boss; 30 yrs ago, when I worked for the Pru in the Newark main hdqts, there were 2 'free' cafeterias. One 'plain-no frills' for the clerical staff & mid-management; & the other, elegant, fancy, on the top floor, for the CEO's and other 'top' executives. The 'middle management' or 'bosses' in the offices, ate from the 'same' munu, in the 'plain' cafeteria, along with the clerical staff. The menu for the non-executives was 'very appealing to the palate in looks & taste; equal in quality to a 'paid dinner, bought on the 'outside' in Hahne's , Hobby's or one of the local restaurants at the the time in downtown Nwk in the 60's-70's.

Also, with many of the teachers taking lunch with the students 'part' of the time, there is the 'opportunity' to teach them by 'example' the rudiments of 'proper' etiquette & decorum, which many of them do not have the opportuniity to learn at home if they come from a neglectful famillty or ill-equpped parent(s). The 'example' of their teachers' social manners, will be beneficial to them later in their adult life; in how they conduct themselves in business & social public events, ie. entertaining a client or lunch with their boss, etc.

HARRISON HIGH SCHOOL PTA ONLY 4 MEMBERS AND ONE PARENT THAT EVER CAME TO ANYTHIN.THESE PARENTS DO NOT JOIN PTA OR ANYTHING THAT CONCERNS THE SCHOOL. WHATELSE IS NEW PARENTS SHOULD BE INVOLVED ESPECIALLLY IN THIS NEW HIGH SCHOOL NO ONE EVER HAS THE TIME.

who runs the cafeteria? is it an outside vendor like aramark??

69745[/snapback]

The company that runs the new lunch program is called Pomptonian. The guy n charge is named ******** ****. Maybe you should call and complain to him. ******** ***** ****** **** **** ***. Poor kids.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

The food is not cooked properly, the elementary school does not have a stove as of yet. So how are they cooking the food. I wouldn't feed that food to my dog. This stuff suppose to be healthy for our children. I don't think so, I see these children getting sick. Lincoln School needs to do something about getting a stove in there to cook the food properly. They have small children there. Come on what is this school system coming too. To top it off, they don't even clean the school properly, the bathroom is horrible and the hallways. What is wrong with the system.

Ys know what?  YOu are all nuts!  All you parents.  Thats why all your kids are like they are. Spoiled, fresh and have no respect.  You really have alot of never whanting to know what the teachers eat for lunch!  Comparing your kids to the teachers.  Do you eat the same thing as your Boss?  Its none of your business.  The rules are the rules wheather your kids like it or not.  YOU have to stay inside and it is thier choice to eat the lunch provided or bring your own!  I brought my lunch to school and we didn't have insulated bas than and small ice things to keep it cold.  Iam still here and didn't get sick.  Use your head and you don't pack anything with mayo.  Make PB&J, lunchables, the list just goes on & on.  Stop listening to your kids, they are probably lying anyway.  They just want to get out and hang around.  Have you tastd the food?  NO you haven't, so shut the ____ up already,

69786[/snapback]

The lunch su*ks even worse in the older schools .

All the swill is served room temperature .

Some kids have to eat in less than ten minutes in lower grades .

HEALTH INSPECTORS SHOULD BE SENT IN.

67914[/snapback]

NOVEMBER 1ST 2007 STILL NO REPORT MAYOR.

The food is not cooked properly, the elementary school does not  have a stove as of yet. So how are they cooking the food. I wouldn't feed that food to my dog. This stuff suppose to be healthy for our children. I don't think so, I see these children getting sick. Lincoln School needs to do something about getting a stove in there to cook the food properly. They have small children there. Come on what is this school system coming too. To top it off, they don't even clean the school properly, the bathroom is horrible and the hallways. What is wrong with the system.

71446[/snapback]

your relatives don't feel the need to help our children they rather take the state funds and buy shore houses and boats. i'm waiting for a *** ***** ****** in town we have enough ******* ******* in office! :rolleyes:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

The food is not cooked properly, the elementary school does not  have a stove as of yet. So how are they cooking the food. I wouldn't feed that food to my dog. This stuff suppose to be healthy for our children. I don't think so, I see these children getting sick. Lincoln School needs to do something about getting a stove in there to cook the food properly. They have small children there. Come on what is this school system coming too. To top it off, they don't even clean the school properly, the bathroom is horrible and the hallways. What is wrong with the system.

71446[/snapback]

Dolaghan is in charge of the custodians, if the shcool bathrooms are dirty, call him.

Its is obvious. No Money! All the money goes in the big salaries and pension funds. Just ask Pete! He can tell ya. They could care less about yor children. They only care about fat pockets. It is time to get out there and vote these crooks OUT! Voting is your only chance to change what is gong on. We are all getting f----- right up the old keester!