Kearny EMS

Guest Guest

Guest John Norman
There is one thing you folks dont realize and that is when the Harrison fire dept has a working structure fire 2 things almost immediately happen one is the call for mutual aid from KFD and the second is the abandon thier ambulance duties and there is no harrison fire dept amb avail for medical calls either at the fire in harrison or for the residents of the town of harrison

So before you exhault the virtues of having KFD do ambulance duties with existing firefighter manpower keep that in mind  because you may get neither an ambulance or a fire truck when you need them most

There are two things you don’t realize Turk. The Harrison Fire Department has half the men on duty then the Kearny fire department and due to the increase in sprinklers and smoke detectors fire runs have dramatically dropped since the late 70’s. If you are going to compare the Kearny fire department to Harrison you should also compare it to the likes of Clifton fire who embraced the ambulance and increased their table of organization.

You sound like a union president who wants a salary increase but only compares his current salary to the highest paid union presidents out there. You know as I know you have to look across the board.

Guest Studies and Observations
There are two things you don’t realize Turk.  The Harrison Fire Department has half the men on duty then the Kearny fire department and due to the increase in sprinklers and smoke detectors fire runs have dramatically dropped since the late 70’s.  If you are going to compare the Kearny fire department to Harrison you should also compare it to the likes of Clifton fire who embraced the ambulance and increased their table of organization.

You sound like a union president who wants a salary increase but only compares his current salary to the highest paid union presidents out there.  You know as I know you have to look across the board.

Actually If i recall correctly, Turk is a former member of the old Volunteer Squad, and does NOT work in Kearny Any longer, So, professionally speaking, he doesnt have any dog in this hunt.

Guest John Norman
Actually If i recall correctly, Turk is a former member of the old Volunteer Squad, and does NOT work in Kearny Any longer, So, professionally speaking, he doesnt have any dog in this hunt.

Actually, Turk-182 is not registered, and therefore could be anyone.

In addition, Turk-182 is actually a movie about a firefighter.

Ruff Ruff

Guest Guest_Turk182_*
Ok..you're right HE's a fireman too  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Studies is right I am a former member of the vol amb squad in kearny and no i am not a fireman> I am a full time professional EMT working for a large ambulance company in the area

Mr Norman you are right harrison does have lower staffing levels on the fire dept than KFD does But we can both agre that kfd does more runs per year than hfd. that being said you still havent answered my point about abandoning the ambulance whenever there is a fire in harrison which was the crux of my point. it is almost a certanty that kfd would do the same thing abandon the ambulance to fight the fire. Now if BOTH fire depts have a practice of doing that whenever there is a fire and BOTH dept's are at fires in either town that it is safe to say that there would be no amb for either community.

Having said all of this i have no problem with a fire dept based amb service just not with the current manpower levels in place.It is my point that Both dept should increase thier manpower either through civilian emt's or additional fire fighters

We could also agree from a strictly monetary point of view that the most cost effective way to do this is by hiring civilian emt's

Guest What I see

I WANT A JOB.....I WANT A JOB.......I WANT A JOB.......I WANT A JOB......

Studies is right I am a former member of the vol amb squad in kearny and no i am not a fireman> I am a full time professional EMT working for a large ambulance company in the area 

Mr Norman you are right harrison does have lower staffing levels on the fire dept than KFD does  But we can both agre that kfd does more runs per year than hfd. that being said you still havent answered my point about abandoning the ambulance whenever there is a fire in harrison which was the crux of my point. it is almost a certanty that kfd would do the same thing abandon the ambulance to fight the fire. Now if BOTH fire depts have a practice of doing that whenever there is a fire and BOTH dept's are at fires in either town that it is safe to say that there would be no amb for either community.

Having said all of this i have no problem with a fire dept based amb service just not with the current manpower levels in place.It is my point that Both dept should increase thier manpower either through civilian emt's or additional fire fighters

We could also agree from a strictly monetary point of view that the most cost effective way to do this is by hiring civilian emt's

Archived