Where are the parents?

Guest Guest

Has anyone seen the grammar school kids that hang out on the Chestnut St. bridge riding their bikes in circles in the middle of the road often coming to a dead stop in front of moving cars? Where are the parents? Why aren't the police doing anything about it? These kids aren't even wearing helmets!!! I'm sure a few laws are being broken here. God forbid one kid actually gets hit...the responsibility will be on the driver. People tell these kids to get out of the street and often times they just retort with some snide remark or profanity.

Has anyone seen the grammar school kids that hang out on the Chestnut St. bridge riding their bikes in circles in the middle of the road often coming to a dead stop in front of moving cars?  Where are the parents?  Why aren't the police doing anything about it?  These kids aren't even wearing helmets!!!  I'm sure a few laws are being broken here.  God forbid one kid actually gets hit...the responsibility will be on the driver.  People tell these kids to get out of the street and often times they just retort with some snide remark or profanity.

Yes, it's a pain in the ass--I know it seems such a novel concept nowadays, but what the hell happened to parents doing some actual parenting now and again?

Has anyone seen the grammar school kids that hang out on the Chestnut St. bridge riding their bikes in circles in the middle of the road often coming to a dead stop in front of moving cars?  Where are the parents?  Why aren't the police doing anything about it?  These kids aren't even wearing helmets!!!  I'm sure a few laws are being broken here.  God forbid one kid actually gets hit...the responsibility will be on the driver.  People tell these kids to get out of the street and often times they just retort with some snide remark or profanity.

:ninja: It has been a big problem for years and with the influx of new families it is getting worse, more than half of the parents have no idea where their children are, and what they are doing, they just tell them to be home at a certain time and thats it. That is a very dangerous area for traffic alone, never mind adding kids on bikes, thats just an accident waiting to happen, and like you said the driver will be at fault. I have been down this road before, they stay in the street and will not move and then they curse at you as you are trying to get around them, you just want to jump out of the car and smack them, and then of course if you do, bye bye your arrested, but are they for harrassment? NO, so all in all it's a losing battle and guess who wins?

Check with Paul LaClair. He'll tell you this is just the kids exercising their creativity and freedoms.

You want to know where the parents are? Their working a second job to pay their taxes that's where they are.

And then people wonder why Paul keeps posting--people like the above poster just can't seem to resist the urge to sling mud even on completely unrelated threads.

Whining again Strifey? Don't worry Paul is loving it. He probably wishes he had more time. He hasn't even addressed the Halloween Parade thread on the Harrison forum.

hey hey hey...can we get back to my topic???

Sounds good to me. I personally see it as another consequence of parents being unwilling to take responsibility for their children--and in this case it ends up being 'taken out' on the rest of us.

It's frustrating for these parents to be pumping out kids and then gasping at the mere suggestion that the government and basically everyone/everything but them shouldn't be doing their parenting for them.

It's especially frustrating when money is used as an excuse. No one forced you to have a child (even someone impregnated through rape can have an abortion or at least give the child up for adoption), and you shouldn't be having kids if you can't afford them. Complaints of financial trouble (except in extenuating circumstances) from someone with kids, especially more than one, get no sympathy from me. I read somewhere that the cost for raising a kid from infancy through college is $250,000, and that's if you go barebones all the way. That's no small deal, and this is another LIFE we're talking about here. Too many people have kids just because they want to, with a completely selfish lack of regard as to their actual ability (financially and otherwise) to adequately raise the child.

No excuses, I say. Parenting is a job that comes before any other, and if one doesn't have the time and/or money to juggle the two, one ought to show some damned responsibility and foresight and not reproduce. Now, I know no one is really ever prepared to raise a kid, but at least financially speaking--don't have kids if you can't afford them. That's all I'm saying--they deserve better than that.

</rant> :rolleyes:

Sorry if I went a little 'tangenty' up there.

I agree that something has to be done about these punks. I drive over the chestnut bridge every now and then and I see them mouthing something at me. Luckily for me my music is too loud for me to hear what they're saying. B) But I would feel sorry if they get hit, mostly because the driver will get in trouble over these D**bA** kids.

• 2 months later...

66473[/snapback]

:lol: you are on the right track why dont you take matters into your own hands not litterly but get on your cell phone call 201-998-1313 * 67 if you must but do something all kearny residents must get involved dont be afraid dont run and hide that is what these people thrive on fight back now. keep kearny safe and clean positive thinking is what every one needs to adopt.

I agree that something has to be done about these punks. I drive over the chestnut bridge every now and then and I see them mouthing something at me. Luckily for me my music is too loud for me to hear what they're saying.  :lol:  But I would feel sorry if they get hit, mostly because the driver will get in trouble over these D**bA** kids.

67866[/snapback]

get the most important phon # out there and use it 201-998-1313 K P D the only hope is a strong and commited police force. and citzens who are not afraid to get involved you dont have to put youeself in harms way there are proffesionals for that KPD