Police, FIre, and Teachers Contracts

Guest Time Bomb

My kids are grown, but I remember oh we have a substitute again (enough about the sick days and summers off... they get paid for the summer).

I didn;t go into teaching because it wasn;t lucrative. After 20+ years in successful business world, I would love to teach right now and leave the private sector. Problem is my eduation level. However, I don;t think there would be anybody better qualified to teach than me. What do we do about that? Why must I have this or that degree.

I value education, but I don;t believe teachers make a difference. Personally, I liek to think I learned everything on my own. Read books, studied in advance as I had to sit with mediocre teachers and students. You either have a quest for learning or knowledge or you don't.  I know you disagree, but I don;t think some masters degree'd teacher knows more than me. It proves they spent the time and energy passing classes.

I would much rather have successful individual (degree or not) teaching my kids.

I think we both value education, but I don't put the same emphasis on it. And don;t reply that our country is lacking and falling behind. That's bs. 

By the way, I don;t work , I don;t get paid. In my early years, when I did, I never called in sick.

As for shortage.... where are these shortages.... not in the high paying suburban schools.

They don't get paid in the summer. 10 months pay. 20 checks, twice a month.

You didn't go in to teaching because it wasn't lucrative or because you would have been paper screened out of an interview wilth your resume saying things like don;t and didn;t?

Nobody more qualified to teach than you? Would you teach the students to write do not as don;t?

I not only LIEK to think you learned all you know on your own.........I'm sure of it.

Of course there is not a shortage in the HIGH PAYING jobs?

Guest Obviously you taught yourself
My kids are grown, but I remember oh we have a substitute again (enough about the sick days and summers off... they get paid for the summer).

I didn;t go into teaching because it wasn;t lucrative. After 20+ years in successful business world, I would love to teach right now and leave the private sector. Problem is my eduation level. However, I don;t think there would be anybody better qualified to teach than me. What do we do about that? Why must I have this or that degree.

I value education, but I don;t believe teachers make a difference. Personally, I liek to think I learned everything on my own. Read books, studied in advance as I had to sit with mediocre teachers and students. You either have a quest for learning or knowledge or you don't.  I know you disagree, but I don;t think some masters degree'd teacher knows more than me. It proves they spent the time and energy passing classes.

I would much rather have successful individual (degree or not) teaching my kids.

I think we both value education, but I don't put the same emphasis on it. And don;t reply that our country is lacking and falling behind. That's bs. 

By the way, I don;t work , I don;t get paid. In my early years, when I did, I never called in sick.

As for shortage.... where are these shortages.... not in the high paying suburban schools.

Teachers receive 12 sick days per year. They are badly needed. Last year my wife, a teacher, got the flu from your sick kids, pink eye twice, again from your sick kids. (Our own kids never contacted these diseases because my wife stayed away from them while infected and washed her hands constantly to avoid passing on pink eye.) If people stayed home with their sick kids instead of sending them into school to infect the entire school (teacher included) the number of sick days wouldn't be necessary. She could probably avoid getting sick from your kids, but she insists upon working with each individual child as much as is possible (uncaring, unprofessional b!tch, you say!) Those sick day get carried over, thank G

od, because teachers do not receive disability insurance. So, when my wife gave birth 3 times, she had to use whatever sick time she had accumulated to cover the c-section recoveries she needed. When another teacher was diagnosed with cancer year, her only time off before she ultimately died, came from her accumulated sick time.

How did you possibly do well in business when you cannot manage to use a keyboard properly? (or perhaps you really are that ignorant?)

Guest Anyother husband of a teacher
Teachers receive 12 sick days per year.  They are badly needed.  Last year my wife, a teacher, got the flu from your sick kids, pink eye twice, again from your sick kids. (Our own kids never contacted these diseases because my wife stayed away from them while infected and washed her hands constantly to avoid passing on pink eye.)  If people stayed home with their sick kids instead of sending them into school to infect the entire school (teacher included) the number of sick days wouldn't be necessary.  She could probably avoid getting sick from your kids, but she insists upon working with each individual child as much as is possible (uncaring, unprofessional b!tch, you say!)  Those sick day get carried over, thank G

od, because teachers do not receive disability insurance.  So, when my wife gave birth 3 times, she had to use whatever sick time she had accumulated to cover the c-section recoveries she needed.  When another teacher was diagnosed with cancer year, her only time off before she ultimately died, came from her accumulated sick time.

How did you possibly do well in business when you cannot manage to use a keyboard properly?  (or perhaps you really are that ignorant?)

You have said a mouthful. teachers put up with many children who do not know the meaning of respect. Some of these children are sent to school when they should be at the doctors.

Teachers are constantly exposed to both abuse and illness. Then, they have to fight for our support and protection as well decent wages.

We ask so much of these people not only teachers but most public servants including our military and elected officals. We fail to support them and expect to give 110% for us.

Why can't we support those who do for us? I really don't know the answer!

I'm a truck driver somebody smarter than me should study this problem.

I never went to college but I was taught right from wrong.

Think it over!

Guest Victoria Knight-McDowell
Teachers receive 12 sick days per year.  They are badly needed.  Last year my wife, a teacher, got the flu from your sick kids, pink eye twice, again from your sick kids. (Our own kids never contacted these diseases because my wife stayed away from them while infected and washed her hands constantly to avoid passing on pink eye.)  If people stayed home with their sick kids instead of sending them into school to infect the entire school (teacher included) the number of sick days wouldn't be necessary.  She could probably avoid getting sick from your kids, but she insists upon working with each individual child as much as is possible (uncaring, unprofessional b!tch, you say!)  Those sick day get carried over, thank G

od, because teachers do not receive disability insurance.  So, when my wife gave birth 3 times, she had to use whatever sick time she had accumulated to cover the c-section recoveries she needed.  When another teacher was diagnosed with cancer year, her only time off before she ultimately died, came from her accumulated sick time.

How did you possibly do well in business when you cannot manage to use a keyboard properly?  (or perhaps you really are that ignorant?)

I would say that your wife should take AIRBORNE Cold And Flu Tablets <_<

Guest Guest_resident_*

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU.NOT EVERY PARENT IS SENDING THERE KIDS TO SCHOOL SICK FOR ONE I HAVE A DAUGHTER AND WHEN SHE IS SICK I KEEP HER HOME.SO BEFORE YOU BLOW OFF STEAM GO SOMEONE ELSE.MY DAUGHTER OVER THE YEARS HAS HAD CHICKEN 2 TIMES,AND PINK EYE CAUSED BY OTHER STUDENTS WHO REFUSE TO STAY HOME.BUT THEN AGAIN DO THESE TEACHERS STAY HOME WHEN THEY ARE SICK THINK AGAIN.I FOR DO NOT THINK SO.THEY COME TO SCHOOL AND INFECT EVERYONE.TRY TEACHERS STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK USE A SICK DAY.MY CHILD DOES SO SHOULD YOU!

They don't get paid in the summer. 10 months pay. 20 checks, twice a month.

You didn't go in to teaching because it wasn't lucrative or because you would have been paper screened out of an interview wilth your resume saying things like don;t and didn;t?

Nobody more qualified to teach than you? Would you teach the students to write do not as don;t?

I not only LIEK to think you learned all you know on your own.........I'm sure of it.

Of course there is not a shortage in the HIGH PAYING jobs?

Excuse me for not spell checking the chat board.

There are plenty of high paying jobs if qualified. Not all require major degrees.

They require knowledge and determination.

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU.NOT EVERY PARENT IS SENDING THERE KIDS TO SCHOOL SICK FOR ONE I HAVE A DAUGHTER AND WHEN SHE IS SICK I KEEP HER HOME.SO BEFORE YOU BLOW OFF STEAM GO SOMEONE ELSE.MY DAUGHTER OVER THE YEARS HAS HAD CHICKEN 2 TIMES,AND PINK EYE CAUSED BY OTHER STUDENTS WHO REFUSE TO STAY HOME.BUT THEN AGAIN DO THESE TEACHERS STAY HOME WHEN THEY ARE SICK THINK AGAIN.I FOR DO NOT THINK SO.THEY COME TO SCHOOL AND INFECT EVERYONE.TRY TEACHERS STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK USE A SICK DAY.MY CHILD DOES SO SHOULD YOU!

Excellent communication skills.

Excuse me for not spell checking the chat board.

There are plenty of high paying jobs if qualified. Not all require major degrees.

They require knowledge and determination.

Spell check? Just read what you write before you send. What could be simpler?

Teacher have too many sick days? Use too many sick days? Don't use their sick days? Boy, they can't win with you guys, can they?

Guest Journal Question

well the paper stated that kearny ems is broke and the town is going to hire an outside ems contractor.

why cant the fd do it.

they are emts and have alot of down time

Guest Time Bomb

Is it true that the police have started a ticket blitz in kearny to make the town settle the contract?

Is it also true that the teachers are going to the next town meeting to protest not having a contract?

Is it true that the fireman are almost at the 6 year mark with no contract?

Guest Abuabos
Is it true that the police have started a ticket blitz in kearny to make the town settle the contract?

Is it also true that the teachers are going to the next town meeting to protest not having a contract?

Is it true that the fireman are almost at the 6 year mark with no contract?

Plunk your magic twanger D'Arco because this contract shit is going to hit the fan! D'Arco is really doing a good job. Don't you think so Al ? I guess you don't care you have a job now and the other Big Al to protect you from county meanies. So who cares if the town goes bust. Maybe Norberto is right, maybe your going to jump ship. Time will tell.....

I had chicken twice today. :lol:

Archived