Why don't they support our service people ?

Guest Guest

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
still true, now more than ever

I've said it before, but it bears repeating - the Mayor and Council should adopt a policy that treats all of our servicemen the same, regardless of the branch they serve in. If Firefighter Pettigrew receives his full pay, so should the other firefighters and police officers, or anyone else serving in the armed forces. The law says the Town doesn't have to pay, but they can still pay if they choose.

And they should choose to. It's the right thing to do.

Jim Mangin

• 2 weeks later...
How about past practice??

"Past practice" doesn't really apply in this case. The law was changed recently and that's the basis the Santos administration is using for changing the policy. Past practice wouldn't apply if the law changed.

But, as I've said before on this issue, just because the law changed the Town's policy didn't have to change. Mayor Santos made the decision to change the policy with both eyes wide open. I think it would say a lot about his character if he were to admit that this policy change was a bad one.

Jim Mangin

Seriously, do you people ever actually try to get the real story on any issue? Or is it simply easier and less strenuous on your limited capacity to reason, if you just spread untruths and innuendo?

And of course it suits your vitriolic, self-serving anti-Santos agenda to call into question someone's patriotism. What a cheap and cowardly shot! Who the hell do you think you are? Joe McCarthy? How do you know what sacrifices people have made for God and Country, you self-righteous rumor monger? I don't know if you're male or female, but you've certainly got a pair of brass ones!

Politicizing this issue, armed with lies and misinformation....now that's un-American and a total disgrace. While you're being so magnanimous about asking God's forgiveness for everybody else, you might want to seek a little for your own mean-spirited gossiping.

Calm down Babs

Guest Mrs. Pettigrew

I've said it before, but it bears repeating - the Mayor and Council should adopt a policy that treats all of our servicemen the same, regardless of the branch they serve in. If Firefighter Pettigrew receives his full pay, so should the other firefighters and police officers, or anyone else serving in the armed forces. The law says the Town doesn't have to pay, but they can still pay if they choose.

Jim Mangin

Jim,

My husband was recently told at the firehouse that you have repeatedly stated on this board, "if Firefighter Pettigrew receives his full pay, so should the other firefighters and police officers..." if you are under the impression that my husband has in someway been treated differently or better than others in the same situation you are wrong and I resent your posting misinformation. Jack received what he was entitled to by law and nothing more. He was reduced to differential pay after his tours of duty (8-9 months each, 2 years in a row) exhausted the 90 days designated by law as a member of both the Naval Reserve and Naval Militia. Also I would like to point out that because of the new 24 hour tour schedule, that 90 days was cut to 45 days. Please call me if you are in need of further information on the subject or if you would like to see his paystubs.

Merry Christmas, Laura

Jim Mangin

Jim,

My husband was recently told at the firehouse that you have repeatedly stated on this board, "if Firefighter Pettigrew receives his full pay, so should the other firefighters and police officers..." if you are under the impression that my husband has in someway been treated differently or better than others in the same situation you are wrong and I resent your posting misinformation. Jack received what he was entitled to by law and nothing more. He was reduced to differential pay after his tours of duty (8-9 months each, 2 years in a row) exhausted the 90 days designated by law as a member of both the Naval Reserve and Naval Militia. Also I would like to point out that because of the new 24 hour tour schedule, that 90 days was cut to 45 days. Please call me if you are in need of further information on the subject or if you would like to see his paystubs.

Merry Christmas, Laura

Please wish ****** a Merry Christmas. B)

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Jim Mangin

Jim,

Merry Christmas, Laura

Laura,

You are 100% right. Jack didn't receive anything he wasn't entitled to. I agree with you completely. My point was that the State legislature chose to treat one branch of the military reserve differently from other branches. And if that wasn't bad enough, the Town of Kearny chose to follow suit when they didn't have to.

I did write about "special treatment" but it wasn't that Jack was receiving special treatment. To me, it's all the other reservists that deserve the special treatment. Then when everyone is getting the same treatment, we can ditch the word "special."

How about it? Just treat everyone the same. Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a no-brainer.

Jim Mangin

ps - I did wish ****** a Merry Christmas from you. I hope yours and ****'s is merry as well.

Hey, you know what? These little *'s remind me of ******'s pet name for me. Only she likes to call me !@#$%!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest laura pettigrew
Laura,

You are 100% right. Jack didn't receive anything he wasn't entitled to. I agree with you completely. My point was that the State legislature chose to treat one branch of the military reserve differently from other branches. And if that wasn't bad enough, the Town of Kearny chose to follow suit when they didn't have to.

I did write about "special treatment" but it wasn't that Jack was receiving special treatment. To me, it's all the other reservists that deserve the special treatment. Then when everyone is getting the same treatment, we can ditch the word "special."

How about it? Just treat everyone the same. Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a no-brainer.

Jim Mangin

ps - I did wish ****** a Merry Christmas from you. I hope yours and ****'s is  merry as well.

Hey, you know what? These little *'s remind me of ******'s pet name for me. Only she likes to call me !@#$%!!

!@#$%!!, Then you should have said that there should be no legislative difference between the State Militia and regular Reservist Units, butcha didn't, dijja?  Okay, here'e one for ya...there is a difference.  Do you know what it is?  I'm not on here often so call me with your answer..I really prefer talk to type and we havn't had a good go round in so long. Best to ******.

Jim Mangin

Jim,

Merry Christmas, Laura

Laura, for what your husband, Jack Pettigrew is doing for our country I would be proud if we DOUBLED OR EVEN TRIPLED HIS SALARY, But your brother Jim Cifelli should really step down from coaching the Kearny High School GirlsTrack team and let some of the newer teachers have a crack at it.He had his TIME!!! Come on LAURA, HE IS a RETIRED PRINCIPAL. Tell him to Give it a rest already. Encourage him to Go to Cape Cod and play some golf and let other potentially talented coaches have a chance at the HALL OF FAME.

...But your brother Jim Cifelli should really step down from coaching the Kearny High School GirlsTrack team and let some of the newer teachers have a crack at it.He had his TIME!!! Come on LAURA,  HE IS  a RETIRED PRINCIPAL. Tell him to  Give it a rest already. Encourage him to Go to Cape Cod and play some golf and let other potentially talented coaches have a chance at the HALL OF FAME.

Do you have any clue as to what the future of the track and cross-country programs are as far as coaching is concerned? No you don't or you wouldn't be posting this. There is a plan in effect. If you want to know more just e-mail me. joeweber@khstrackalumni.com

The program was a mockery of it's former self and there was no one qualified, experienced and knowledgeable enough to take over. Jim was the right person at the time to step in to get the program moving in a positive direction (take a look at the participation numbers, as compared to recent years).

It is too bad that it got to the point that it did, but it could have been avoided.

JW

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KHS GIRLS TRACK WATCH
Laura, for what your husband, Jack Pettigrew is doing for our country I would be proud if we DOUBLED OR EVEN TRIPLED HIS SALARY, But your brother Jim Cifelli should really step down from coaching the Kearny High School GirlsTrack team and let some of the newer teachers have a crack at it.He had his TIME!!! Come on LAURA,  HE IS  a RETIRED PRINCIPAL. Tell him to  Give it a rest already. Encourage him to Go to Cape Cod and play some golf and let other potentially talented coaches have a chance at the HALL OF FAME.

First the KHS girl's track team had an overweight, fat coach for a few years. Now these poor girls have an OLD RETIRED FOSSIL coaching them because his family is highly connected on the Board of ed and with the town council. Hire somebody young and energetic, give these girls a fighting chance.

First the KHS girl's track team had an overweight, fat coach for a few years. Now these poor girls have an OLD RETIRED FOSSIL coaching them because his family is highly connected on the Board of ed and with the town council. Hire somebody young and energetic, give these girls a  fighting chance.

I thought you would be too cowardly to e-mail me. Too typical.

If you are really concerned about the track team, who would you suggest from the district is qualified?

So, according to you, Jim should nt be coaching the GIRLS track team, but it would be okay for him to stay as the BOYS coach?

Interesting that you don't put your name on your posts. Is it because you have had some issues with Jim, personally, in the past?

JW

First the KHS girl's track team had an overweight, fat coach for a few years. Now these poor girls have an OLD RETIRED FOSSIL coaching them because his family is highly connected on the Board of ed and with the town council. Hire somebody young and energetic, give these girls a  fighting chance.

p.s. - why don't you ask the girls how they feel about their coach? Afraid you won't get the answer you want?

JW

Guest no name either!
I thought you would be too cowardly to e-mail me.  Too typical.

If you are really concerned about the track team, who would you suggest from the district is qualified?

So, according to you, Jim should nt be coaching the GIRLS track team, but it would be okay for him to stay as the BOYS coach?

Interesting that you don't put your name on your posts.  Is it because you have had some issues with Jim, personally, in the past?

JW

Joe, I give you alot of credit. You get involved and really take track very serious. You are always looking out for the kids and the programs best interests. But, there is one thing that I can't stand is when someone gives their opinion on something and doesn't use their name and someone like you wants to get in their face and wants to know why they don't use their name!!!! It's not just you, there are people that bash others that don't use their name all the time. Sometimes these anonymous people have legitamate points, yet others are way off point. The bottom line is this Town and most Towns are so political that it will be their kids that suffer the repercussions whether they are right or wrong!! I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. So when someone expresses their opinion and doesn't use their name, give them a break, THEY MAY JUST BE RIGHT !!!!

Jim Ciffelli is an OLD RETIRED FOSSIL who can't coach his way out of a paper bag! The only reason he got the coaching job over so many qualified, younger teachers, is due to the fact that his family is so highly connected in the town council( Laura Ciffelli-Pettigrew, Barbara Sherry Ciffelli and, Albert Ciffeli) and on the kearny bd of ed . According to **** *****, *** **** *****, Jim Ciffelli, as usual pulled every political string he could to get the coaching position in KHS. ***** ***** ****** and that they [KHS administration and the kboe] purposely DRAGGED their feet to avoid giving him the coaching postion.The political pressure was so great that they had to yield to it and give Jim Ciffelli the postion over stronger and better candidates. He should do the right thing and resign in order to give the coaching responsibilities to a more suitable teacher, but like you, he lives only in the past listening to Bruce sing "Glory Days".

Jim Ciffelli is an OLD RETIRED FOSSIL who can't coach his way out of a paper bag! The only reason he got the coaching job over so many  qualified, younger teachers, is due to the fact that his family is so highly connected in the town council( Laura Ciffelli-Pettigrew, Barbara Sherry Ciffelli and, Albert Ciffeli) and on the kearny bd of ed . According to **** *****, *** **** *****, Jim Ciffelli, as usual pulled every political string he could to get the coaching position in KHS. ***** ***** ****** and that they [KHS administration and the kboe] purposely DRAGGED their feet to avoid giving him the coaching postion.The political pressure was so great that they had to yield to it and give Jim Ciffelli the postion over stronger and better candidates. He should do the right thing and resign in order to give the coaching responsibilities to a more suitable teacher, but like you, he lives only in the past listening to Bruce sing "Glory Days".

Are you talking about yourself? Because you referred to "you" when you quoted yourself.

I thought you would be too cowardly to e-mail me.  Too typical.

Interesting that you don't put your name on your posts.  Is it because you have had some issues with Jim, personally, in the past?

JW

Funny how brave we are when we're all hooked up like you, right JW. Stick with your little track webpage and stop challenging everyone

Joe, I give you alot of credit. You get involved and really take track very serious. You are always looking out for the kids and the programs best interests. But, there is one thing that I can't stand is when someone gives their opinion on something and doesn't use their name and someone like you wants to get in their face and wants to know why they don't use their name!!!! It's not just you, there are people that bash others that don't use their name all the time. Sometimes these anonymous people have legitamate points, yet others are way off point. The bottom line is this Town and most Towns are so political that it will be their kids that suffer the repercussions whether they are right or wrong!! I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. So when someone expresses their opinion and doesn't use their name, give them a break, THEY MAY JUST BE RIGHT !!!!

My comment was directed toward one person in particular. This isn't new math. Put two and two together:

We have a poster calling for Jim to be removed as coach; who did he work with and not get along with very well?

We have a poster (under multiple names) calling for Mary Torres' removal from the BOE; who did the BOE not grant tenure?

We have a poster erroneously saying a person that aspires to be Superintendent does not have the proper certification; who was this aspiring Superintendent friendly with until the poster went off the deep end?

It is obvious who this person is and that he really does not care about the issues he posts about, but just wants to get revenge on people he perceives, in his own warped way, "done him wrong".

Who's next on the "hit list" (oops, maybe a bad choice of words)?

JW

My comment was directed toward one person in particular.  This isn't new math.  Put two and two together:

We have a poster calling for Jim to be removed as coach; who did he work with and not get along with very well?

We have a poster (under multiple names) calling for Mary Torres' removal from the BOE; who did the BOE not grant tenure?

We have a poster erroneously saying a person that aspires to be Superintendent does not have the proper certification; who was this aspiring Superintendent friendly with until the poster went off the deep end?

It is obvious who this person is and that he really does not care about the issues he posts about, but just wants to get revenge on people he perceives, in his own warped way, "done him wrong".

Who's next on the "hit list" (oops, maybe a bad choice of words)?

JW

Hey Joe, I don't like Diaz either I think he is an ********, but if he is in favor of removing Jim Ciffeli as track coach then he's definitely GOT MY VOTE on the BOE. The poster is 100% correct Ciffelli is an OLD FOSSIL and a "has Been".He should give the other teachers a chance but you and Ciffelli's political family try to make Jim Ciffelli sound like the "savior" of the track team. Your right about one thing, though---Diaz is an *******, but he's got my vote if he plans to do to the same thing Correnti did to Burns.

KOTW: The above post edited for content.

Hey Joe, I don't like Diaz either I  think he is an ********, but if he is in favor of removing Jim Ciffeli as track coach then he's definitely GOT MY VOTE on the BOE. The poster is 100% correct Ciffelli is an OLD FOSSIL and a "has Been".He should give the other teachers a chance but you and Ciffelli's political family try to make Jim Ciffelli sound like the "savior" of the track team. Your right about one thing, though---Diaz is an *******, but he's got my vote if he plans to do to the same thing Correnti did to Burns.

KOTW: The above post edited for content.

Can you support your post with any facts? No. Because the facts are that Jim has coached won more county and conference champions (teams and indivduals) in the last 1 1/2 years than the team won in the prior seven years.

Again, who from the district should be the coach and what are their credentials?

You have failed to support your contentions with a single fact.

If you have a problem with Jim, that is fine with me, you are entitled to your opinion, but the reason you have failed to provide the facts, is because they do not help your agenda.

I offer it to you again. send me an e-mail and I will explain the situation with the team and the plan for the long term development of the program. But again, you will fail to do that because you are too cowardly to get the facts because you know you won't like the answer you get.

JW

Can you support your post with any facts?  No. Because the facts are that Jim has coached won more county and conference champions (teams and indivduals) in the last 1 1/2 years than the team won in the prior seven years.

Again, who from the district should be the coach and what are their credentials?

You have failed to support your contentions with a single fact.

If you have a problem with Jim, that is fine with me, you are entitled to your opinion, but the reason you have failed to provide the facts, is because they do not help your agenda.

I offer it to you again.  send me an e-mail and I will explain the situation with the team and the plan for the long term development of the program.  But again, you will fail to do that because you are too cowardly to get the facts because you know you won't like the answer you get.

JW

Hey JW, just remove the link, you ****! :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

Archived