9/11 ceremony

Guest Guest

Wow can you believe that the town had cancelled the 9/11 ceremony? what did they think they would have it on 9/12. Are you kidding me!!!! I was told that there were people that attended and were waiting there and did not know the ceremony was cancelled. The town did not even have the decency to put a sign stating that it was cancelled. Great way to show the citizens who braved the HORRIBLE WEATHER( NO RAIN) that you care. You think the town could of put up a Tent or cover in the area? And last but not least WHO made the call to Cancel the Ceremony? that is the $25,000 question? I wonder what the OBserver is going to print, I heard they were pissed off cause they showed up.

Wow can you believe that the town had cancelled the 9/11 ceremony?  what did they think they would have it on 9/12.  Are you kidding me!!!!  I was told that there were people that attended and were waiting there and did not know the ceremony was cancelled.  The town did not even have the decency to put a sign stating that it was cancelled.  Great way to show the citizens who braved the HORRIBLE WEATHER( NO RAIN) that you care.  You think the town could of put up a Tent or cover in the area?  And last but not least WHO made the call to Cancel the Ceremony?  that is the $25,000 question?  I wonder what the OBserver is going to print, I heard they were pissed off cause they showed up.

It just keeps getting uglier by the day, this town is a disgrace. Rain or shine our Soldiers are fighting..fighting the bastards who took innocent lives that day. The weather shouldn't have made a difference a little rain?? that is why they made umbrella's. ONCE AGAIN SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Wow can you believe that the town had cancelled the 9/11 ceremony?  what did they think they would have it on 9/12.  Are you kidding me!!!!  I was told that there were people that attended and were waiting there and did not know the ceremony was cancelled.  The town did not even have the decency to put a sign stating that it was cancelled.  Great way to show the citizens who braved the HORRIBLE WEATHER( NO RAIN) that you care.  You think the town could of put up a Tent or cover in the area?  And last but not least WHO made the call to Cancel the Ceremony?  that is the $25,000 question?  I wonder what the OBserver is going to print, I heard they were pissed off cause they showed up.

and our councilwoman quoted in paper saying "i'll let u know if rescheduled".... unreal

I feel as saddened as you, due to what our town, or should I say the mayor has done, by cancelling this vigil. 9-11 is the day that we hold vigil for those who lost their lives on such a sad day in our country. As the Jersey Journal mentiones that Carol Mandaglio said the decision came at 2PM by our mayor Tom McDonough to cancell the 7PM vigil, how was he to know that it would be raining then????? HE COULD CARE LESS OBVIOUSLY. She also mentioned that they would let people know when it would be rescheduled , WHAT NERVE HAS SHE TOO TO GO ALONG WITH THIS CRAP. THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR ALL THAT LOST THEIR LIVES AND FOR THE FAMILY OF ONE OF OUR OWN TOWN RESIDENTS WHO PERISHED ON THAT DAY. SAD, SAD, SAD TOWN MAYOR AND COUNCIL - YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR YOUR TOWN NONETHELESS YOUR COUNTRY.

MAYOR TOM MCDONOUGH OBVIOUSLY HAD OTHER PLANS FOR THE EVENING. FAMILIES AND FRIENDS WERE IN NEW YORK SINCE 5 AND 6AM TO PAY THEIR RESPECTS, AS I WAS, AND THE MAYOR IS AFRAID OF A LITTLE RAIN. HOW PATHETIC.................

TOM!!! Shame on you.

Really, no joke, we should clean house and try to start a new beginning without any of the Mayor's Men. Ray, what is really happening? Are you so entrenched with hiring family members which are turning out to be your worst nightmare. Resign now before all the laundry comes out. 9/24.

:lol:

I feel as saddened as you, due to what our town, or should I say the mayor has done, by cancelling this vigil. 9-11 is the day that we hold vigil for those who lost their lives on such a sad day in our country.  As the Jersey Journal mentiones that Carol Mandaglio said the decision came at 2PM by our mayor Tom McDonough to cancell the 7PM vigil, how was he to know that it would be raining then????? HE COULD CARE LESS OBVIOUSLY. She also mentioned that they would let people know when it would be rescheduled , WHAT NERVE HAS SHE TOO TO GO ALONG WITH THIS CRAP.  THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR ALL THAT LOST THEIR LIVES AND FOR THE FAMILY OF ONE OF OUR OWN TOWN RESIDENTS WHO PERISHED ON THAT DAY.  SAD, SAD, SAD TOWN MAYOR AND COUNCIL - YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR YOUR TOWN NONETHELESS YOUR COUNTRY.

MAYOR TOM MCDONOUGH OBVIOUSLY HAD OTHER PLANS FOR THE EVENING. FAMILIES AND FRIENDS WERE IN NEW YORK SINCE 5 AND 6AM TO PAY THEIR RESPECTS, AS I WAS, AND THE MAYOR IS AFRAID OF A LITTLE RAIN.  HOW PATHETIC.................

Who the hell is Mayor TOM Mc Don

augh?? Isn't it Ray???

Weather led to Harrison 9/11 event cancellation

Thursday, September 13, 2007

HARRISON - A 9/11 memorial candlelight vigil was apparently canceled by mid-afternoon Tuesday, but some people who showed up for the event were left in the dark.

Councilwoman Caroline Mandaglio said yesterday the decision to cancel the 7 p.m. event had been made by Mayor Tom McDonough by 2 p.m., because of the bad weather. By early evening the rain had stopped and nighttime ceremonies were held Tuesday in Hoboken and Bayonne.

Mandaglio said she was unsure if the vigil - it was to have taken place in front of the town's memorial with first responders as guests - would be rescheduled.

"We don't know when we will be rescheduling it. We'll let you know," said Mandaglio.

Harrison lost one resident, Fabian Soto, in the attacks on 9/11.

RENATA MAGALHAES

© 2007 The Jersey Journal

:D:lol::rolleyes::D:D how about next 9/11

Funny,they had a tent for the crappy townhomes ceremony...hhhhhhmmmmm gues no heavy envolopes were involved this time

TOM!!!   Shame on you. 

Really, no joke, we should clean house and try to start a new beginning without any of the Mayor's Men.  Ray, what is really happening?  Are you so entrenched with hiring family members which are turning out to be your worst nightmare.  Resign now before all the laundry comes out.  9/24.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT DAY, WE WILL THEN BE FREE OF ALL THIS CORRUPTION, SELLING OUT OUR TOWN TO DEVELOPERS, NEPOTISM, AND PAY OFFS FOR THOSE WHO PAY TO PLAY THE GAME WITH MCDONOUGH, ******** AND **********.

AND THEN ALL THE YES PEOPLE WITH SEE THEIR FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

I feel as saddened as you, due to what our town, or should I say the mayor has done, by cancelling this vigil. 9-11 is the day that we hold vigil for those who lost their lives on such a sad day in our country.  As the Jersey Journal mentiones that Carol Mandaglio said the decision came at 2PM by our mayor Tom McDonough to cancell the 7PM vigil, how was he to know that it would be raining then????? HE COULD CARE LESS OBVIOUSLY. She also mentioned that they would let people know when it would be rescheduled , WHAT NERVE HAS SHE TOO TO GO ALONG WITH THIS CRAP.  THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR ALL THAT LOST THEIR LIVES AND FOR THE FAMILY OF ONE OF OUR OWN TOWN RESIDENTS WHO PERISHED ON THAT DAY.  SAD, SAD, SAD TOWN MAYOR AND COUNCIL - YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR YOUR TOWN NONETHELESS YOUR COUNTRY.

MAYOR TOM MCDONOUGH OBVIOUSLY HAD OTHER PLANS FOR THE EVENING. FAMILIES AND FRIENDS WERE IN NEW YORK SINCE 5 AND 6AM TO PAY THEIR RESPECTS, AS I WAS, AND THE MAYOR IS AFRAID OF A LITTLE RAIN.  HOW PATHETIC.................

Mandaglio, you are a pathetic council person who has no other plans but to go along with what you are told, even if it is not the right thing..... DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR OWN MIND? Did you think that this was OK? Why did you not tell McDonough that this VIGIL SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED? DO YOU HAVE ANSWERS FOR US? I CERTAINLY WOULD LIKE ONE AND I KNOW THE MAYOR DOES NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, WHY DON'T YOU ADDRESS THE PUBLIC.

Mandaglio, you are a pathetic council person who has no other plans but to go along with what you are told, even if it is not the right thing..... DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR OWN MIND?  Did you think that this was OK?  Why did you not tell McDonough that this VIGIL SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED?  DO YOU HAVE ANSWERS FOR US? I CERTAINLY WOULD LIKE ONE AND I KNOW THE MAYOR DOES NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, WHY DON'T YOU ADDRESS THE PUBLIC.

You vent your anger in the wrong direction. Dologhan was in charge of the memorial.

You vent your anger in the wrong direction.  Dologhan was in charge of the memorial.

Then I ask that why was Councilwoman Mandaglio the one to give the bad news? These clowns that run this town of our always find someone to be the sucker for them all, why did she even agree to quote the Jersey Journal? like someone wrote in a previous writing, does she not have her own mind? why did she do this? she is the scape goat right? Dolaghan was just too busy with his new job I guess.....

and our councilwoman quoted in paper saying "i'll let u know if rescheduled".... unreal

She is a nice lady and good citizen, just not a good leader for the ward. She obviously was just doing what she was told to do, wish that she had more balls and wish she could be a better council person other than a follower. I'm sure she feels bad as anyone would in this situation. The mayor made her do it.. is that an excuse?

• 2 weeks later...
CANCELLED

not enough perubians showed up.....

It is spelled Peruvians.... if your going to bash us get it right .....what nationality are you? ....o thats right most white people here are IRISH and ??and a little of ???

rarely do you meet a full blooded within your kind ...But i guess you knew that....

STOP HATEING ....times have change we are the majority now ....the faster you get used to it the better it will be for you .....we have as much right to be here as anyone else .....

It is spelled Peruvians.... if your going to bash us get it right .....what nationality are you? ....o thats right most white people here are IRISH and ??and a little of ???

rarely do you meet a full blooded within your kind ...But i guess you knew that....

STOP HATEING ....times have change we are the majority now ....the faster you get used to it the better it will be for you .....we have as much right to be here as anyone else .....

As long as you are a citizen you have as much right to be here as anyone else.

And don't pick on the Irish. It shows your as prejudiced as the person who wrote the original post.