Dangerous Jobs

Guest X

Most dangerous jobs in Harrison are as follows:

1. Police Officer

2. Crossing Guard

3. Gas Pump Jockey

4. Store Clerk

100. Fireman

Looks like one of the cops failing the fireman's test is at it again, GROW UP!

Most dangerous jobs in Harrison are as follows:

1. Police Officer

2. Crossing Guard

3. Gas Pump Jockey

4. Store Clerk

100. Fireman

Sounds like someone who failed the fire exam. Sorry Charlie.

Sounds like someone who failed the fire exam. Sorry Charlie.

You're both wrong, THE COPS AE CRYBABIES!!!!! wHAT DON'T YOU GET BABIES THAT CRY. From the time they are born, to their mothers; from the time they are hired to their chief, supervisor, mayor councilperson, and or mothers.

You're both wrong, THE COPS AE CRYBABIES!!!!! wHAT DON'T YOU GET BABIES THAT CRY. From the time they are born, to their mothers; from the time they are hired to their chief, supervisor, mayor councilperson, and or mothers.

I would like to see you be a Cop in this town for 1 day! Just keep in mind they kiss their family goodbye every day or night, possibly could be the last time they do, to come and protect the town and you bash them. Go hit the academy and then talk Shi^ until then thank God that we have good cops.

I would like to see you be a Cop in this town for 1 day! Just keep in mind they kiss their family goodbye every day or night, possibly could be the last time they do, to come and protect the town and you bash them.  Go hit the academy and then talk Shi^ until then thank God that we have good cops.

I think your being overly dramatic. There have been no fatal incidents during the over 100 year history of the dept.

I think your being overly dramatic. There have been no fatal incidents during the over 100 year history of the dept.

There was one police fatality in Harrison in 1897 where an officer got electrocuted.

But there are a lot of incidents that you or most people thankfully will never encounter. There's been some shootings. Fortunately the cops were okay. Some have gotten hurt and forced to retire over the years. Everybody kisses their families goodbye at the start of their day and hope to make it home in one piece at the end of the day, that cannot be disputed. But a police officer (firefighter, etc.) do so with more uncertainty as to how their day is going to play out.

Sure they signed up for it and most places even pay decent, but the risks are definitely there. You may not like them either as a working class or individually, but they do their jobs, and do it well.

The cops here do a great job, even with the bulls@#t they put up with.

There was one police fatality in Harrison in 1897 where an officer got electrocuted.

But there are a lot of incidents that you or most people thankfully will never encounter.  There's been some shootings.  Fortunately the cops were okay.  Some have gotten hurt and forced to retire over the years.  Everybody kisses their families goodbye at the start of their day and hope to make it home in one piece at the end of the day, that cannot be disputed.  But a police officer (firefighter, etc.) do so with more uncertainty as to how their day is going to play out.

Sure they signed up for it and most places even pay decent, but the risks are definitely there.  You may not like them either as a working class or individually, but they do their jobs, and do it well.  

Being a cop or fireman in Harrison is a piece of cake. Just ask **. he did it for over 40 years and never suffered a scratch.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

But there are a lot of incidents that you or most people thankfully will never encounter. There's been some shootings. Fortunately the cops were okay. Some have gotten hurt and forced to retire over the years. Everybody kisses their families goodbye at the start of their day and hope to make it home in one piece at the end of the day, that cannot be disputed. But a police officer (firefighter, etc.) do so with more uncertainty as to how their day is going to play out.

Sure they signed up for it and most places even pay decent, but the risks are definitely there. You may not like them either as a working class or individually, but they do their jobs, and do it well.

[/quo

police officers have been jealous of fire fighterssince day 1 just a fact

I would like to see you be a Cop in this town for 1 day! Just keep in mind they kiss their family goodbye every day or night, possibly could be the last time they do, to come and protect the town and you bash them.  Go hit the academy and then talk Shi^ until then thank God that we have good cops.

The police dept. does a good job. It is dangerous work. But, I think the same goes for the fire dept. When the firemen come to work they maybe sent anywhere in Hudon or Essex counties for mutual aid.

The police dept. does a good job. It is dangerous work. But, I think the same goes for the fire dept. When the firemen come to work they maybe sent anywhere in Hudon or Essex counties for mutual aid.

yeah sitting on a traffic post and collecting time and a half watching public service and united water do actual work is kinda right.....u know what you are right, you police officers are my heroes!

yeah sitting on a traffic post and collecting time and a half watching public service and united water do actual work is kinda right.....u know what you are right, you police officers are my heroes!

The monies made by the Officers comes straight out of the contractors pocket not the taxpayer. And by the way it's not time and a half, it works out to almost $70.00 an hour to watch those ditch diggers dig and the Officers watch. LOL!!!! Thanks for the new house in Morris County SUCKERS!

Hey, I walk thru this uncontrolled traffic mess in town each day. Dangerous as anything and not being facetious.

well its pretty hard to cover the corners when you have sometimes only 2-3 officers on the street. far cry from the old days.

thank your mayor for the mess and thank the idiot from the dca thats running the town

this is only a prelude to whats coming when the phantom stadium and the rest of the buildings come.

United water is in jersey city not harrison. when passaic valley works they do not have to hire a cop cause all the people from harrison working there say so. Including the mayor so they get to do what they want.

Guest Senior Harrison Resident
well its pretty hard to cover the corners when you have sometimes only 2-3 officers on the street.  far cry from the old days.

thank your mayor for the mess and thank the idiot from the dca thats running the town

this is only a prelude to whats coming when the phantom stadium and the rest of the buildings come.

Sleeping Beauty and the seven dwarfs, I mean the Mayor and town council,

have no clue what this town is in for once this stadium is built. There will be

fights, assaults, muggings, double parking, cars blocking driveways, accidents, etc. They will need more cops, many more cops to handle the problems this stadium is going to cause.

So on top of the 40 MILLION DOLLARS they've already spent, they will have to hire more cops. Throw in the hundreds of town homes that no one's buying and you get the feeling you're on the Titanic.

well its pretty hard to cover the corners when you have sometimes only 2-3 officers on the street.  far cry from the old days.

no! thank your union prez who sold you down the river a-hole! the dca stepped in to make sure those little deals stop! no more selling your soul to the devil to be well...........the big cheese! guess what those lists run out soon and well.........promotions? i don't think so! they just keep filling you heads with bullsh*t and you people keep eating it up! that's why the fire dept gets everything they want including equipment, men, promotions. they know how to show a united front! you people are a real mess. why bother to grieve on here when you should be attending those meetings (pba, council) stand united? sound like a plan? don't whine here do something about it. excuses are like a-holes everyone has one remember that! :ninja:

no! thank your union prez who sold you down the river a-hole! the dca stepped in to make sure those little deals stop! no more selling your soul to the devil to be well...........the big cheese! guess what those lists run out soon and well.........promotions? i don't think so! they just keep filling you heads with bullsh*t and you people keep eating it up! that's why the fire dept gets everything they want including equipment, men, promotions. they know how to show a united front! you people are a real mess. why bother to grieve on here when you should be attending those meetings (pba, council) stand united? sound like a plan? don't whine here do something about it. excuses are like a-holes everyone has one remember that! :ninja:

How is the Chief supposed to run the dept. when the administation won't allow him to purchase new cars, pay overtime, hire new officers or make promotions. No wonder Officers are leaving the dept. for other dept's that pay more. The Chief is doing a great job with the resources that he has, so complaing to the Mayor and Council if you feel unsafe.

Sleeping Beauty and the seven dwarfs,  I mean the Mayor and town council,

have no clue what this town is in for once this stadium is built. There will be

fights, assaults, muggings, double parking, cars blocking driveways, accidents, etc.  They will need more cops, many more cops to handle the problems this stadium is going to cause.

So on top of the 40 MILLION DOLLARS they've already spent, they will have to hire more cops.  Throw in the hundreds of town homes that no one's buying and you get the feeling you're on the Titanic.

YOU MEAN THE SECTION 8 APTS! JUST WAIT, THAT'S THE NEXT STEP! THE HAMPTON INN ALREADY HOUSES MOST OF THEM. WHY NOT? IT'S ASSURED MONEY. THE TOWN IS IN THE DUMPS ALREADY..........F*CK IT :ninja: