Been Here Before

speedy1

Hello, I am a old previous member, I stopped visiting this site because it was the same old posts day in and day out. I decided that there is no reason I should not be able to post new topics and have a decent response without name calling or just plain disrespect. So here it goes.

I have noticed in the past few months the increase in residents and the decrease of parking spaces. I am not fortunate to have a driveway, but many of my neighbors do. And they don't use them, I have been looking through many different towns and their parking procedures. I feel that if the town makes certain changes that it might ease some of the problem.

I feel that if you have a driveway it should be mandatory that it be used, and not to park on the street, all residents who have one family homes should be given 2 (two) parking permits, and all multiple dwellings should have the same per floor.

We have many residents that park their work vehicles on the street overnight, thus, one less parking space for the resident. I know that this is not exciting news or subject, but why can't we get together as a community and come up with some solutions and submit them to the mayor and council for review.

After all isn't this type of thing the Forum is all about the community coming together ?

I see your point since that can be very aggravating.

So you're saying if you are a resident and you don't have a driveway, you get two permits to park in the street? But if you have a driveway then no permits.

It might work as if in Hoboken everyone gets a permit. That would remove visitor cars. I don't know if that could help you.

I don't think the town will go for your solution. All the driveway owners will be very unhappy if they can't park on their own streets. Your solution is political suicide and and don't think the town will go for it.

Guest Legal Eagle
Hello, I am a old previous member, I stopped visiting this site because it was the same old posts day in and day out. I decided that there is no reason I should not  be able to post new topics and have a decent response without name calling or just plain disrespect. So here it goes.

I have noticed in the past few months the increase in residents and the decrease of parking spaces. I am not fortunate to have a driveway, but many of my neighbors do. And they don't use them, I have been looking through many different towns and their parking procedures. I feel that if the town makes certain changes that it might ease some of the problem.

I feel that if you have a driveway it should be mandatory that it be used, and not to park on the street, all residents who have one family homes should be given 2 (two) parking permits, and all multiple dwellings should have the same per floor.

We have many residents that park their work vehicles on the street overnight, thus, one less parking space for the resident. I know that this is not exciting news or subject, but why can't we get together as a community and come up with some solutions and submit them to the mayor and council for review.

After all isn't this type of thing the Forum is all about the community coming together ?

I hate to break this to you, but handing out parking permits does not increase the number of spaces available. And you cannot prevent someone from parking in designated public street spaces because they own a house with a driveway.

Hello, I am a old previous member, I stopped visiting this site because it was the same old posts day in and day out. I decided that there is no reason I should not  be able to post new topics and have a decent response without name calling or just plain disrespect. So here it goes.

I agree with you 100%. People on my block with a driveway will park across it, not in it.

I agree with you 100%.  People on my block with a driveway will park across it, not in it.

That's so weird--one would think it would take less effort for them to just drive up their driveway a bit, than to parallel park in front.

Well, maybe it's because the driveway is narrow and they don't want to risk damaging the sides, but that's the only reason I can think of off the top of my head. Otherwise, it seems completely nonsensical (at least, looking from the 'laziness' perspective, which is more often than not the reason one does something a way other than the 'supposed to' way).

Allow me to clarify something. A driveway is just that, a DRIVEway, not parking space. Ask any police officer and he will tell you that you can be ticketed for parking in a driveway just like parking across one. It is considered a private access ( or road) to the garage or back parking area.

Guest WildBill

Time to put those stationary parking meters that give the driver / operator a specified time stamp ticket at troubled strategic locations around Town. Like the machine in the lot behind Mandees. 1.00 for tweleve hours of parking this would ensure that Home owners who have driveways would use them and those individuals who use the streets to park or those who park in the upper end to catch a bus ride to work would be subject to a minimal fee or maxium fine.

Allow me to clarify something. A driveway is just that, a DRIVEway, not parking space. Ask any police officer and he will tell you that you can be ticketed for parking in a driveway just like parking across one. It is considered a private access ( or road) to the garage or back parking area.

You are an idiot.