church to be used to ease overcrowding

Guest Guest

Given everything that occurred at KHS last year, I was shocked to see that students at KHS will be attending classes at Grace Methodist Church. What's up with that?

Well, from what I read, overcrowding is so bad that while they're waiting for that new addition to KHS to be built, they're going to use the church as an annex, which is going to provide six classrooms.

Personally, it seemed a bit underwhelming. I mean, six classrooms is really not that many classrooms, and it seems like a long way to go considering the kids having to walk from one building to the other (and if the schedule hasn't changed recently, there are still only five minutes between periods in a school day at KHS--needless to say, that's another problem).

It just doesn't seem worth all the work it takes to set up. Apparently they're going to have bells and an intercom system and stuff to communicate with the 'main school.' All this work seems like it'd be put to better use on that addition so that it's done sooner, don't you think?

• 2 weeks later...
Well, from what I read, overcrowding is so bad that while they're waiting for that new addition to KHS to be built, they're going to use the church as an annex, which is going to provide six classrooms.

Personally, it seemed a bit underwhelming. I mean, six classrooms is really not that many classrooms, and it seems like a long way to go considering the kids having to walk from one building to the other (and if the schedule hasn't changed recently, there are still only five minutes between periods in a school day at KHS--needless to say, that's another problem).

It just doesn't seem worth all the work it takes to set up. Apparently they're going to have bells and an intercom system and stuff to communicate with the 'main school.' All this work seems like it'd be put to better use on that addition so that it's done sooner, don't you think?

Nothing that a principal and a vice pricipal and assistant principal in addition to the nine teachers for the six classrooms can't fix. Watch :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion the Kearny BOE should just build the new addition on the Football field. As we all know KHS football is a losing operation, Lets put the field to good use.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mom of Football Player
In my opinion the Kearny BOE should just build the new addition on the Football field. As we all know KHS football is a losing operation, Lets put the field to good use.

67896[/snapback]

How dare you! These kids play their hearts out. Maybe if the BOE put more funding into hiring the proper people for the coaching staff, the teams would be better.

I am also an graduate of the class of 81 and recall the same deal with the football team back then.

How dare you!  These kids play their hearts out.  Maybe if the BOE put more funding into hiring the proper people for the coaching staff, the teams would be better.

I am also an graduate of the class of 81 and recall the same deal with the football team back then.

68708[/snapback]

Why does football deserve more funding for coaching staff than any other program?

How dare you!  These kids play their hearts out.  Maybe if the BOE put more funding into hiring the proper people for the coaching staff, the teams would be better.

68708[/snapback]

Then how would the coach earn his stipends for coaching and monitoring the weight room?

Guest MOm of football player
Why does football deserve more funding for coaching staff than any other program?

68767[/snapback]

They need to provide the proper funding for all coaching staff and personnel. Such as a proper trainer.

67896[/snapback]

Ouch. Well, I'm reluctant to look at KHS Football like a business enterprise or something, I mean...if there are enough kids wanting to play a sport, it should stay...I mean, unless it's really REALLY a bottomless pit of expenses. :D

The field's also used for graduation and stuff like that--I'd think it'd be a lot to lose, don't you?

Ouch. Well, I'm reluctant to look at KHS Football like a business enterprise or something, I mean...if there are enough kids wanting to play a sport, it should stay...I mean, unless it's really REALLY a bottomless pit of expenses. :P

The field's also used for graduation and stuff like that--I'd think it'd be a lot to lose, don't you?

68965[/snapback]

Why do you respond to idiots who write ridiculous things? ... :D doh!

• 2 weeks later...
Given everything that occurred at KHS last year, I was shocked to see that students at KHS will be attending classes at Grace Methodist Church. What's up with that?

64852[/snapback]

Construction may start in 2008 on the windows, fixing the brick, an addition and new furnace.

They are also putting trailers on the high school grass during construction.

I dont know why they are in GMC. It has small classrooms, I dont know how a high school class would fit.