Harrison Superintendant's kids school out of town.

MY2cents

while I understand that its the right of every parent to send their child to the best schools they can "Afford". What is even sadder is we have a Supt. in Harrison who along with his wife, who is a teacher in the school system, make over 200K combined, yet they sent their kids to High Schools out of town??? Nate the Raisin?? why is that?? dont you have any faith in a school system you operate?? or are you resigned to the fact you are unhappy with the school system as is?? If thats the case, retire, and take Conf with you, this way, when Conf and catman both leave, they can go enjoy the rest of their lives in aruba, or wherever it is they both own homes at.

Guest Town Resident
while I understand that its the right of every parent to send their child to the best schools they can "Afford".  What is even sadder is we have a Supt. in Harrison who along with his wife, who is a teacher in the school system, make over 200K combined, yet they sent their kids to High Schools out of town???  Nate the Raisin??  why is that??  dont you have any faith in a school system you operate?? or are you resigned to the fact you are unhappy with the school system as is??  If thats the case, retire, and take Conf with you, this way, when Conf and catman both leave, they can go enjoy the rest of their lives in aruba, or wherever it is they both own homes at.

Sounds a little like jealousy to me. Who would send their kids to HHS is they could afford Seton Hall Prep or some other private school ?? DUH !!

while I understand that its the right of every parent to send their child to the best schools they can "Afford".  What is even sadder is we have a Supt. in Harrison who along with his wife, who is a teacher in the school system, make over 200K combined, yet they sent their kids to High Schools out of town???  Nate the Raisin??  why is that??  dont you have any faith in a school system you operate?? or are you resigned to the fact you are unhappy with the school system as is??  If thats the case, retire, and take Conf with you, this way, when Conf and catman both leave, they can go enjoy the rest of their lives in aruba, or wherever it is they both own homes at.

Not only does the Super not send his children to school in the district, but many of the teachers or people who work for the district not send their kids to the schools (the fire chief's son attend a catholic high school, and his daughter attends **** *******). Sad isn't it?

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Have all of you people just moved to Harrison? I have lived here for over 40 years and my family for over 75 years. Even when I was in high school (which of course we were middle class so I went to Harrison High) most of the teachers, Superintendents, etc....sent there kids to private school then. Harrison has never been known for there great schools. Now its even worse because there is such a language barrier. If I had the opportunity to send my kids to private school you better believe I would.

That is why such positions should be elected not appointed. I have no faith in the individuals running the BOE and a lot of that has to do with the fact that they don't send their children to our schools, which in turn means they have NO faith in our school system but they are expecting to fight for what is best for our children who do attend.

Sounds a little like jealousy to me.  Who would send their kids to HHS is they could afford Seton Hall Prep or some other private school ?? DUH  !!

This has nothing to do with jealousy its the fact of how they operate a school that they wouldnt dare put their own children in.

Guest 2smart4u
Not only does the Super not send his children to school in the district, but many of the teachers or people who work for the district not send their kids to the schools (the fire chief's son attend a catholic high school, and his daughter attends **** *******).  Sad isn't it?

Why is it sad ?? Anyone that can afford to send their kids to private schools, I say good for them. That's what the American Dream is all about.

Guest salty dog
LBI will soon be underwater just like New Orleans. So, your investment will go down the drain and you'l be looking to move back to the Gardens. :)

Thats what flood insurance is for.

Come to LBI.

Foods great, air is clean, people are friendly, educated and know how to have a good time.

Leave your negativity in Harrison and come live in LBI

Guest Student Emigration

While we’re on the subject, Higgins also sent his two sons out of town for high school.

Come to think of it, even Doran sent his...uhm, I’m sorry, I forgot. Never mind.

Not only does the Super not send his children to school in the district, but many of the teachers or people who work for the district not send their kids to the schools (the fire chief's son attend a catholic high school, and his daughter attends **** *******).  Sad isn't it?

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Who cares were the Fire chief sends his kids to school !!!!

Onthe other hand you have people running the school systems who wont send there kids to the school system that should tell you something!!! Has nothing to do with affordability...What it tells me is that these people know they dont do a good job so why sen there kid to Harrison schools. PATHETIC!!!

Like someone said the spots should be voted on...Not appointed so the same damn people cant continue to do a BAD job!!!

Have some accountability!!!! But hey thats Harrison for ya!!!

Why is it sad ??  Anyone that can afford to send their kids to private schools, I say good for them. That's what the American Dream is all about.

I think we all agree. you're the biggest ahole on this site. You're not too smart for anyone. "American Dream" being about sending your kids to private school.

Ohhhhhh... you don't get it.

I can't believe your mentality!! So those who can do better for their children shouldn't? So, if the opportunity for the same child arises regarding college, what should they do? Refuse the opportunity to go to a better school!

"I'm sorry Junior, I know your acceptance letter from Rutgers came (BUT), your going to go to Hudson Community." Why, because the new BOE president, Mr. Gardens, well he feels you should conform with the community. " It's the Harrison dream son." I've worked hard, and your mother has supported you thru all those years of homework and school functions. (BUT) it was all for nothing. See those around you feel everyone should do little or nothing Bla Bla Bla...

Don't you realize by highlighting a few that have stepped outside the public school system is far from an argument. How many town residents came up thru Holy Cross, OLC, OLS, Seton Hall Prep and etc... Are they all anti-Harrisonians. NO! It's not that they want less for Harrison. They just want more for their children. So, let it go! Stop trying to fight your life, and try following what they are doing.

STEP 1. Work Harder! or, Just get off the Check and WORK.

STEP 2. Spend quality time with your children.

(Eating potato chips and smoking with your 11 year old, does not constitute Quality Time!)

STEP 3. Have a plan, and work daily with your child..... wait!

Now I just realized where I'm typing.. Just continue being you! You've all ready given up on life, and if that is what your child sees then I look forward to your son and daughters future POSTS..

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A BAD KIDS. JUST A BAD PARENTS!

I can't believe your mentality!!  So those who can do better for their children shouldn't?  So, if the opportunity for the same child arises regarding college, what should they do?  Refuse the opportunity to go to a better school! 

"I'm sorry Junior, I know your acceptance letter from Rutgers came (BUT), your going to go to Hudson Community."  Why, because the new BOE president, Mr. Gardens, well he  feels you should conform with the community. " It's the Harrison dream son."  I've worked hard, and your mother has supported you thru all those years of homework and school functions.  (BUT) it was all for nothing.  See those around you feel everyone should do little or nothing Bla Bla Bla...

Don't you realize by highlighting a few that have stepped outside the public school system is far from an argument.  How many town residents came up thru Holy Cross, OLC, OLS, Seton Hall Prep and etc...  Are they all anti-Harrisonians. NO!  It's not that they want less for Harrison. They just want more for their children.  So, let it go! Stop trying to fight your life, and try following what they are doing.

STEP 1.  Work Harder! or, Just get off the Check and WORK. 

STEP 2. Spend quality time with your children. 

(Eating potato chips and smoking with your 11 year old, does not constitute Quality Time!)

STEP 3. Have a plan, and work daily with your child.....  wait!

Now I just realized where I'm typing..  Just continue being you!  You've all ready given up on life,  and if that is what your child sees then I look forward to your son and daughters future POSTS.. 

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A BAD KIDS.  JUST A BAD PARENTS!

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!

Guest 2smart4u
I think we all agree. you're the biggest ahole on this site. You're not too smart for anyone. "American Dream" being about sending your kids to private school.

Ohhhhhh... you don't get it.

Ohhhhh......I get it. I grew up in Harrison, went to HHS. Went to college, got a good job, moved out of town, got married. Sent my kids to private schools. A few promotions later making big bucks. Own 2 houses and 3 cars. That's my "American Dream". If that makes me an ahole, bring it on.

No, the main reason teachers and supers send their kids to another school is to reduce the pressure on the child. If the kid is an excellent student and achieved many great things EVERYONE of you would be claiming favoritism. And don't try to deny it.

No, the main reason teachers and supers send their kids to another school is to reduce the pressure on the child.  If the kid is an excellent student and achieved many great things EVERYONE of you would be claiming favoritism.  And don't try to deny it.

Great point! I kinda liked my long winded version, too. What I find interesting is when you apply the ethical response to the whining Bull%&$# the posts come to an end. I can't take the Haters...

Agree to Agree?? HHMmmm...

In Brotherhood We Trust..

Archived