Recreation Department

Guest concerned taxpayer

It is very simple eliminate the positions of Supt. and his assistant. There should be no office or interference with the leagues. The only remnant of the office left should be for the permit process. The leagues would submit a schedule of dates for field use before the season and that would be checked by the field crew supervisor and permit secretary. The above is what's needed it's that simple. Plus a large money savings for tax payers. People this is not rocket science. Do you really need a Supt. that runs parades only for the year?

:huh: I THOUGHT THE TRAVEL BASEBALL TEAM THE TOWN STARTED WITH SURROUNDING TOWNS WAS A GREAT IDEA? AND A SUCCESS.

AND I HEAR THE REC FOOTBALL TEAM ,THE GENERALS HAVE 180 REGESTRATIONS

AND A NEW FLAG TEAM FOR 5 6 AND 7 YEAR OLDS .THE MOST BOYS AND GIRLS PLAYING FOOTBALL IN A LONG LONG TIME. IS THAT NOT SUCCESS FOR THE REC DEPT?? :unsure:

It is very simple eliminate the positions of Supt. and his assistant. There should be no office or interference with the leagues. The only remnant of the office left should be for the permit process. The leagues would submit a schedule of dates for field use before the season and that would be checked by the field crew supervisor and permit secretary. The above is what's needed it's that simple. Plus a large money savings for tax payers. People this is not rocket science. Do you really need a Supt. that runs parades only for the year?

The million dollar question is WILL the Recreation Dept give permits?? There's some personality conflicts here. There's "the right thing to do" and then there's "what the town chooses to do" We'll see I guess

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Observer_*

The Rec Dept is going to attempt to run the soccer program. :P  :lol:  How many sports in town is it now that they've taken over?? :huh:  :huh:  As I recall thats football, hockey, (almost baseball) now soccer. What a mess!

66002[/snapback]

It's amazing how many people THINK they know what's going on. The Rec. Dept. did not take over football, did not take over hockey and to date have taken over soccer because all the VOLUNTEERS who head the program quit just before the season was to start and taken over PONY (Babe Ruth) because the VOLUNTEERS that headed that program mismanaged the funds, and should have taken over baseball because of mismanagement and DID NOT, as one poster wrote pushed out *** **** from football, that happened because change was needed and warranted.

Now, not that Batman and Boy Wonder are anything impressive at the REC office, but I believe one does nothing and the other gives it a shot to the best of his ABILITY which sometimes I wonder if he's got any. So, I do believe that there needs to be change within the Rec office.

As far as the Rec. commisssion, they are definetly needed, BUT are really a disfunctinal group because no matter what they want the Mayor and council has the final say. There are good people on the commission, people who have come through the system and know what is needed, but their hands are tied and from meetings I have been at, I don't know how they do it because I have seen it first hand how members of the council have come right out and said to them, "it doesn't matter what you want or think the council has the final say" So why even have a Rec Commission?

• 2 weeks later...
It's amazing how many people THINK they know what's going on. The Rec. Dept. did not take over football, did not take over hockey and to date have taken over soccer because all the VOLUNTEERS who head the program quit just before the season was to start and taken over PONY (Babe Ruth) because the VOLUNTEERS that headed that program mismanaged the funds, and should have taken over baseball because of mismanagement and DID NOT, as one poster wrote pushed out *** **** from football, that happened because change was needed and warranted.

Now, not that Batman and Boy Wonder are anything impressive at the REC office, but I believe one does nothing and the other gives it a shot to the best of his ABILITY which sometimes I wonder if he's got any. So, I do believe that there needs to be change within the Rec office.

As far as the Rec. commisssion, they are definetly needed, BUT are really a disfunctinal group because no matter what they want the Mayor and council has the final say. There are good people on the commission, people who have come through the system and know what is needed, but their hands are tied and from meetings I have been at, I don't know how they do it because I have seen it first hand how members of the council have come right out and said to them, "it doesn't matter what you want or think the council has the final say" So why even have a Rec Commission?

68371[/snapback]

Then why do we have a Rec Commission? Why can't it be ONE person from each sport on a board? That way each sport would be represented. Let the other group deal with the Town parades and other functions for recreation.

P.S. So ever sport in town was mismanaged? with the exception of PONY, I think the other sports in Town were doing fine accept for the "hand tieing" by the Rec Dept. I do agree the timing was awful, but maybe thats why you lost the good people who ran soccer.

But with football you don't mention mismanagement, you say "that happened because change was needed and warranted". Needed and warranted by whom??

Guest Guest_quest_*
Then why do we have a Rec Commission? Why can't it be ONE person from each sport on a board? That way each sport would be represented. Let the other group deal with the Town parades and other functions for recreation.

P.S.  So ever sport in town was mismanaged? with the exception of PONY, I think the other sports in Town were doing fine accept for the "hand tieing" by the Rec Dept. I do agree the timing was awful, but maybe thats why you lost the good people who ran soccer.

But with football you don't mention mismanagement, you say "that happened because change was needed and warranted". Needed and warranted by whom??

69500[/snapback]

BY WHO ? THE BOY BLUNDER AND HIS CRONIES .THEY SAY THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS DOING FINE NOW. :lMAYBE IN THEIR EYES.THE PRES. SAID THIS WAS THE BEST YEAR FOR REGISTRATION 180 FOOTBALL PLAYERS SIGNED UP.BUT WHEN YOU GO TO THE GAMES OR PRACTICES AND DO A COUNT YOU COME UP WITH 117 FOOTBALL PLAYERS .NICE TRY PRES. BUT IF THERE WAS 180 FOOTBALL PLAYERS AS YOU STATED AT OPENING CEREMONY ;THAT WOULD BE 25.00 PER PLAYER TIMES 180 EQUALS 4500.00 DOLLARS PLUS 80 CHEERLEADERS AT 25.00 EQUALS $2000.00 FOR A TOTAL OF $6500.00 DOLLARS PLUS ALL OF YOUR FUNDRAISERS. :) RUMOR HAS IT THIS IS YOUR LAST YEAR HOPE SO THEN MAYBE THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM COULD GET BACK ON TRACK????????

• 2 weeks later...
BY WHO ? THE BOY  BLUNDER AND HIS CRONIES .THEY SAY THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS DOING FINE NOW. :lMAYBE IN THEIR EYES.THE PRES. SAID THIS WAS THE BEST YEAR FOR REGISTRATION 180 FOOTBALL PLAYERS SIGNED UP.BUT WHEN YOU GO TO THE GAMES OR PRACTICES AND DO A COUNT YOU COME UP WITH 117 FOOTBALL PLAYERS .NICE TRY PRES. BUT IF THERE WAS 180 FOOTBALL PLAYERS AS YOU STATED AT OPENING CEREMONY ;THAT WOULD BE 25.00 PER PLAYER TIMES 180 EQUALS 4500.00 DOLLARS PLUS 80 CHEERLEADERS AT 25.00 EQUALS $2000.00 FOR A TOTAL OF $6500.00 DOLLARS PLUS ALL OF YOUR FUNDRAISERS. :wub: RUMOR HAS IT THIS IS YOUR LAST YEAR HOPE SO THEN MAYBE THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM COULD GET BACK ON TRACK????????

70050[/snapback]

Oh my God leave rec alone. I told you in other posts move to where they have these programs. Rec is doing the best they can in the current envionment in Kearny.

Take off the rose colored glasses The Town ain't what she used to be and it is not going to ever be that way again.

It will eventually evolve into something different but not ever what it was.

It has been made into an Urban community and Kearny was always the only suburban area of Hudson County .

• 4 weeks later...

BY WHO ? THE BOY BLUNDER AND HIS CRONIES .THEY SAY THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS DOING FINE NOW. :lMAYBE IN THEIR EYES.THE PRES. SAID THIS WAS THE BEST YEAR FOR REGISTRATION 180 FOOTBALL PLAYERS SIGNED UP.BUT WHEN YOU GO TO THE GAMES OR PRACTICES AND DO A COUNT YOU COME UP WITH 117 FOOTBALL PLAYERS .NICE TRY PRES. BUT IF THERE WAS 180 FOOTBALL PLAYERS AS YOU STATED AT OPENING CEREMONY ;THAT WOULD BE 25.00 PER PLAYER TIMES 180 EQUALS 4500.00 DOLLARS PLUS 80 CHEERLEADERS AT 25.00 EQUALS $2000.00 FOR A TOTAL OF $6500.00 DOLLARS PLUS ALL OF YOUR FUNDRAISERS. :ninja: RUMOR HAS IT THIS IS YOUR LAST YEAR HOPE SO THEN MAYBE THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM COULD GET BACK ON TRACK????????

70050[/snapback]

[/quot

POST YOUR NAME AND I WILL REPLY TO YOUR POST.

OR CALL ME AND I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

PRES