Politics and Probability in '06

Guest Guest

Beyond the maniacal postings for certain young and ethnic candidates, who’s running for Mayor?

Whoever runs for Mayor in ’06 will NOT be running against McDonough. I’ts good old Pete (once defeated in ’98) who lurks behind the girth of the Plumber.

But is there no one on council or out there in the town who is able to break this sick, symbiotic arrangement?

Me thought that was so back in ’98.

So sad.

So sad.

Plain and simple, McDonough has to go. Christ, he and Peter are two walking embarrassments to this town.

That said, who will be the next mayor?

Doran? So much promised there, but so little delivery. Check out his website.

Fife? Mentor to Doran. Tax Store and Harrison Realty guy. Probably will run- and win. But his heart belongs to the State of Vermont.

Millan? Just not a likeable guy- even with his “people.” Do you know what a boil on your ass feels like?

Kelly? The question here is: How Did He Ever Become Councilman??? Proof that most of Harrison voters are on crack (at least in his ward).

Pettigrew? Okay, we needed some comic relief here.

Running short of names, I say we elect OJ as Mayor. It’s the next best thing to digging up Frank.

(Talking about the deceased, has anyone heard anything from Dolaghan or Rodgers?)

Let’s cut the S here.

It’s time for Fife and Doran to come out against McDonough.

Can’t believe the lap dog of Higgins is still in office.

Fife, Doran: How do you explain this???

It’s time that the two Jims got busy.

Guest 2smart4u
Plain and simple, McDonough has to go.  Christ, he and Peter are two walking embarrassments to this town.

That said, who will be the next mayor?

Doran?  So much promised there, but so little delivery.  Check out his website.

Fife?  Mentor to Doran.  Tax Store and Harrison Realty guy.  Probably will run- and win.  But his heart belongs to the State of Vermont.

Millan?  Just not a likeable guy- even with his “people.”  Do you know what a boil on your ass feels like?

Kelly?  The question here is:  How Did He Ever Become Councilman???  Proof that most of Harrison voters are on crack (at least in his ward).

Pettigrew?  Okay, we needed some comic relief here.

Running short of names, I say we elect OJ as Mayor.  It’s the next best thing to digging up Frank.

(Talking about the deceased, has anyone heard anything from Dolaghan or Rodgers?)

As much as I hate to say this, I just don't see anyone on the horizon that can or will be a viable candidate for mayor. Our present mayor has to go, no question here. We're going to pay for his decisions in years to come with these 7,000 new housing units coming in and the "800 pound gorilla" called a soccer stadium. Harrison needs a bright, young, fiscally conservative, college educated person to take over the reins of this town, And I'm afraid there's no one out there to fill the bill. As much as I love Harrison, I don't feel optomistic about it's future.

As much as I hate to say this, I just don't see anyone on the horizon that can or will be a viable candidate for mayor. Our present mayor has to go, no question here. We're going to pay for his decisions in years to come with these 7,000 new housing units coming in and the "800 pound gorilla" called a soccer stadium. Harrison needs a bright, young, fiscally conservative, college educated person to take over the reins of this town, And I'm afraid there's no one out there to fill the bill. As much as I love Harrison, I don't feel optomistic about it's future.

anybody that smart has the sense to leave.

Looks like they said Millan wasn't ateam player, and they ran a campaign to get him out.  I think Millan was the only honest player.  MILLAN 2006!!!

I would be happier to see Millan run for mayor than the other ones. There is no good person left in this town for mayor. We need someone who can not be bought. We do not need this town run like we live in a town that they can tell us who to vote for and not vote for. Tell us to be a Democrate or Repulican. Grow up. Be who you want to be. Lets get the Old Mayor and Coucile out and put in the New Mayor and Councile.

Hey this town seemed to have fallen apart since Milan Left. he would have never let the developer take the kids stadium until a new one was built. He would have done more for Harrison, more then just some new lamp post. He wanted to put new sidewalks, new store fronts, he had a vision, he had pride. MILAN 2006!

Guest Pipe Man
Hey this town seemed to have fallen apart since Milan Left.  he would have never let the developer take the kids stadium until a new one was built. He would have done more for Harrison, more then just some new lamp post.  He wanted to put new sidewalks, new store fronts, he had a vision, he had pride.  MILAN 2006!

Why don't you cut this Millan in 06 talk? He was worthless then and will be worthless in the future. A true man would have never gone into hiding after losing. I am sure that in his little head he has more power now than ever before, because he always hob knobs with Mendez, and the other Hispanics, but they are all equally a waste. If you want to take this town think Irish. Think Powell. The little guy may be hated by all, but has enough people on payroll at the SH** Factory that he will draw a lot of votes. Just with family on the Harrison payroll he will draw at least 6 votes. I am sure it will only be a matter of time before his son-in-law is working for the town, and that will be another vote.

I say Vote Tom Powell in 06 "The short man who knows his SH*T!!"

”Doran? So much promised there, but so little delivery. Check out his website.”

________

Check out his website? People, do more than that, check out his “The Real Fourth Ward Newsletters!”

I challenge you to identify any promise he ever kept.

He- with Fife and Pettigrew- became the town’s party animals.

Nice campaign- but a pack of broken promises.

Why don't you cut this Millan in 06 talk? He was worthless then and will be worthless in the future. A true man would have never gone into hiding after losing.
He did the right thing. The people believed lies and voted him out. He stepped down, spent time with the family down the shore or where ever. The BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THIS TOWN FELL APART AFTER THE ONLY GUY FOUGHT FOR IT LEFT.

He did the right thing.  The people believed lies and voted him out.  He stepped down, spent time with the family down the shore or where ever.  The  BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THIS TOWN FELL APART AFTER THE ONLY GUY FOUGHT FOR IT LEFT.

This town started falling apart long before Milan was ever involved.

This town started falling apart long before Milan was ever involved.
At least there was some light with him on the council and at times some entertainment. New street lights, new facades, new 280 parking, painting under 280, nice brick work going on to 280 east, the Harrison fest paid for christmas lights, gave a scholarship or two to high school graduates; When Milan was there he saved us money and was someone who would fight for you if you needed help.

He was worried about fixing HARRISON up instead of just the RE-DEVELOPMENT & HIS POCKETS. It should make you wonder how this council let a developer take the stadium from the kids without building a new one! When Milan left, Harrison lost a lot. He wasn't worried about who took credit as much as, getting the job done.

Those who believe the lies spread on him should be ashamed. They should open their eyes and minds and think about it. They accused him of stealing money from the fest to build his home; when the last three years the fest lost money, but when Milan ran it, there was money to spare.(Jelousy of his effort to make his property look nice. He seems to have pride in himself)

They set him up more then once, until he screwed up and said the infamous "MY PEOPLE" speech, which I understand to be the people of Harrison as his people, not just the ones the Mayor supports with jobs to get re-elected.

Milan was never a PUPPET!

Those who think he tried to change the council ARE RIGHT. He tried to remove people who are dead weight. O.J. DiSalvo pops into mind when mentioning the word DEAD. Artie Petigrew can't run his own ship at home, how can he help run a town? Who else did he try to run out?>

The council and Mayor turned on him using the phrase that he was not a team player, because he wanted to clean up the bad team. The Mayors team of PUPPETS. What has Harrison done in the last 3 years??

I give Milan credit for trying. We should apply pressure to bring him back. I just hope that he did not lose his spirit of trying to help Harrison. He has disappeared since losing and maybe thats our fault for not encouraging him to keep on the ball.

I for one have contacted him to Run for Mayor, but he doesn't seem interested. He is still discouraged and he doesn't think he has enough support to win. CALL HIM, TELL A FRIEND TO CALL HIM (973) 485-0761

Are we a better town without him?

Good for him he tried, but he also thought his role as councilperson put himself in a different category. Thought it would let him use some muscle for various things. Personally, I owe him an asskicking.

I don't get invovled in politics, but I sure would if he ran.

We do need people like him to try, but we don't need the baggage that comes with it.

Good for him he tried, but he also thought his role as councilperson put himself in a different category.
He was going against a whole council at one point. He was in a different category, that takes a certain type of person to stand up in what he believes is right and go against what he believes is wrong. He never forgot that he held that position to serve the people of Harrison! not just his himself, friends and family! I Remember his slogan was "I stand on my record" and that was a list of things he has done for this town. Factual things supported with photos. Name me someone on the council that has done the same. Tell me who is not a puppet!
Thought it would let him use some muscle for various things.
We all make mistakes when we travel a path for the first time.
Personally, I owe him an asskicking.
You probably have a list of people who you owe an asskicking, Learn to forgive those who are honest and try make a difference for the better
I don't get invovled in politics, but I sure would if he ran.

We do need people like him to try, but we don't need the baggage that comes with it.

Well, right now he has no baggage. It takes a certain type of person to try in politics and it takes a strong person to go against a team in order not to be a puppet.

I would be in his favor against you, but I still respect your decision to oppose him. Just don't assist in the spreading of rumors, stick to the facts and the facts are that Milan is better then what we have as our current Mayor. If there are certain things you don't like about him, approach the guy and try talking to him. His hands were always open to me, even though at times we disagreed.

Show me a better candidate and My views may change. I bet Milan would even consider listening to someone who had what it takes. Milan has shown in the past to assist new politicians in trying to make a difference, something that no one else has done.

You know what’s interesting people? The Election in ’06 will be no different from the one back in ’98.

And I thought we actually won that one.

But nope, Peter and McDonough are still serious players.

At least that’s more than can be said about Doran and Fife.

Archived