A student of uncommon courage

Guest Paul

People for the American Way is a nationally known organization promoting and defending American values. They are running the following story, which is of local interest because it honors a Kearny High School student.

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=24210

Some people may also wish to know that Matthew has the following speaking engagements and awards scheduled in the next three months:

August 19: featured speaker at B'Nai Brith, our local synagogue in Kearny

September 30: Ethical Culture Society of Long Island, Mineola, New York - invited speaker at their Sunday morning services, 11:00 a.m.

Weekend of October 12-14: featured speaker and honoree at Freedom From Religion Foundation in Madison, Wisconsin - see http://www.ffrf.org/events/2007/

November 4: honoree at Sunday morning services of New York Ethical Culture Society, 10:30 a.m.

Weekend of November 9-11: Free Inquiry award in New York City

November 18: Ethical Culture Society of Essex County, Maplewood, NJ - invited speaker at their Sunday morning services, 11:00 a.m.

Obviously this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but some may have an interest in it.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
People for the American Way is a nationally known organization promoting and defending American values. They are running the following story, which is of local interest because it honors a Kearny High School student.

Some people may also wish to know that Matthew has the following speaking engagements and awards scheduled in the next three months:

September 30: Ethical Culture Society of Long Island, Mineola, New York - invited speaker at their Sunday morning services, 11:00 a.m.

Weekend of October 12-14: featured speaker and honoree at Freedom From Religion Foundation in Madison, Wisconsin - see http://www.ffrf.org/events/2007/

November 4: honoree at Sunday morning services of New York Ethical Culture Society, 10:30 a.m.

November 18: Ethical Culture Society of Essex County, Maplewood, NJ - invited speaker at their Sunday morning services, 11:00 a.m.

Obviously this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but some may have an interest in it.

It's good to see Matthew is on tour and receiving these awards. Although most of the heroes I admire do the right think and walk away.

Guest Melanie

I love this! Rub it in, nice and deep. :):P:D:lol::D

Oh, make sure to scroll down on this and see who he's speaking with:

http://www.ffrf.org/events/2007/

Guest 2smart4u

Let me know when he appears on O'Reilly.

Very impressive handling all these speaking engagements. At his age, speaking publicly is not an easy thing to do.

But we shouldn't be surprised. For his principled stand, he did take on a vicious teacher, an obdurate school administration and bore opprobation from some of his peers.

It would have been much easier to just let the teacher continue with the unconstitutional and therefore un-American bs.

He has courage.

Very impressive handling all these speaking engagements. At his age, speaking publicly is not an easy thing to do.

But we shouldn't be surprised. For his principled stand, he did take on a vicious teacher, an obdurate school administration and bore opprobation from some of his peers.

It would have been much easier to just let the teacher continue with the unconstitutional and therefore un-American bs.

He has courage.

Thank you. If you come to see him speak, please come over and say hello - even if you don't identify yourself as "Bern" from KOTW.

He has courage.

Honestly, these 'engagements' are probably nothing in comparison to the kind of speaking out that got him the recognition to begin with. He'll do great, I'm sure of it. <_<

Guest a proud american
O'Reilly hasn't called, but I declined to return Hannity & Colmes call last December. He did appear on Alan Colmes' radio show, though - twice.

Don't wait by the phone for Bill-O. He doesn't like talking with people who are smarter than him.

Guest Patriot

"People For The American Way" ?? A radical left bunch of Kool-aiders.

"Freedom From Religion Foundation" ?? A Loony bunch of atheists.

If you were any kind of responsible parent, you wouldn't let your kid anywhere near them.

"People For The American Way"  ??  A radical left bunch of Kool-aiders.

If you were any kind of responsible parent, you wouldn't let your kid anywhere near them.

I disagree. They're both excellent organizations. I would prefer that FFRF would choose another name, but they make an important point and do good work. I have no quarrel at all with PFAW. What I warn my kids about are folks like who "think" like you do.

Guest 2smart4u
"People For The American Way"  ??  A radical left bunch of Kool-aiders.

I researched these groups online, I wouldn't let my kids anywhere near them.

But what do they say about "birds of a feather" ??

I disagree. They're both excellent organizations. I would prefer that FFRF would choose another name, but they make an important point and do good work. I have no quarrel at all with PFAW. What I warn my kids about are folks like who "think" like you do.

Wow, that's a stretch. Paul you always disagree and your way is always the right way.

O'Reilly hasn't called, but I declined to return Hannity & Colmes call last December. He did appear on Alan Colmes' radio show, though - twice.

Because you were affraid Hannity would put him in his place. :ninja:

That is the reason why you only choose to go to on interviews with liberal places. Because there you and your son are called HEROES :)

Wow, that's a stretch.  Paul you always disagree and your way is always the right way.

Like anyone else, I always believe in what I'm saying. Else I wouldn't say it.

If it's a stretch, tell me how. Don't just make some snotty comment, lest you show the world that you have nothing else to offer.

Because you were affraid Hannity would put him in his place. :)

That is the reason why you only choose to go to on interviews with liberal places. Because there you and your son are called HEROES   :lol:

But he has been called due to his exposure and pull.

Have any of the conservative sites, which I assume by your above comment you so worship, called you for your opinion?

Because you were affraid Hannity would put him in his place. :)

That is the reason why you only choose to go to on interviews with liberal places. Because there you and your son are called HEROES   :lol:

Sean Hannity is an obnoxious ass who gets his way by brute force. He constantly interrupts people and personally assaults and attacks them. Matt wanted to go on the show, but there was no reason to subject him to that. Besides, how do you know Hannity wouldn't have agreed with him?

Sean Hannity is an obnoxious ass who gets his way by brute force. He constantly interrupts people and personally assaults and attacks them. Matt wanted to go on the show, but there was no reason to subject him to that.

That is called fear.

Besides, how do you know Hannity wouldn't have agreed with him?

You do not know if he would agree with you either and that is the reason why you did not SUBJECT your son to an interview with him. :o

Sean Hannity is an obnoxious ass who gets his way by brute force. He constantly interrupts people and personally assaults and attacks them. Matt wanted to go on the show, but there was no reason to subject him to that.

That is called fear.

You do not know if he would agree with you either and that is the reason why you did not SUBJECT your son to an interview with him. :o

Its not fear. Its sanity. Only the insane willingly subject themselves to abuse.

That is called fear.

People avoid skunks, too, and for the same reason. If you get too close, he'll get his smell all over you. It's not because he's clever or strong or wise. It's because he's a skunk and he stinks.