Business Administrator

Guest Loki

Kearny's Business Administrator is, in essence, the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation. What did you expect, minimum wage?

As for the Mayor's monetary remuneration, it's pathetic. He deserves a raise.

If your so poorly paid quit or ask joe for some of his money from the tax chest.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kearny's Business Administrator is, in essence, the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation. What did you expect, minimum wage?

As for the Mayor's monetary remuneration, it's pathetic. He deserves a raise.

Except CEO's usually help the corporations they work for make a profit or they get fired.

As for the Mayor's salary, he probably does deserve a raise.

I hope that wasn't an attempt at sarcasm because Jack Pettigrew is a stand-up guy!

I really think that you should stay off this web site for awhile A. Realist.

It seems that you interpret everything negatively. It seems as though even if something is positively said you seem to be able to make it into something nasty.

Get a new life

I really think that you should stay off this web site for awhile A. Realist.

It seems that you interpret everything negatively. It seems as though even if something is positively said you seem to be able to make it into something nasty.

Get a new life

And I really think you are not qualified to make assumptions or decisions for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks, but this topic has drifted way too far to the bottom of the message board. This man is supposed to be making the town more efficient, and all I see is more money spent. The recent article in the paper shows what he makes, at least his base pay, any perks would be harder to evaluate.

Without question, legal fees have gone way up since the town decided to employ a town administrator. Obviously, this includes the Vartan years also, but I doubt all of this litigation is necessary.

How about municipal contracts not settled in a timely manner? I believe retro payments for unsettled contracts will exert a great, negative influence on this town's budget. There is a difference between drawing a hard line on negotiations, and biting off your nose to spite your face.

It's our money, it's only fair we get to ask how it is spent.

Guest Catch 22
I believe he might be included in both categories since the title "NJ National Guard" (as stated in DCA document LFN2004-14) includes NJ Air and Army Guard, State Guard and Naval Militia of which Pettigrew is a member.

Ok boys zip up your pants, you both win

• 1 month later...

This Business Administrator goes out of his way to make the work conditions for the town employees worse. So much for increased efficiency.

Now, the question is, why do some on this board continuously and blindly defend the Mayor and B.A. for creating a difficult work environment? Are the town employees not unionized? As such, are they not usually deemed part of the Democratic BASE? So, why does the Mayor want to alienate himself from those that the Democratic party claim to solidly represent?

As the saying goes, "with friends like these, who needs enemas." Hypocrisy at its finest.

P.S. Before someone corrects my spelling, that was just a little joke.

This Business Administrator goes out of his way to make the work conditions for the town employees worse.  So much for increased efficiency.

Now, the question is, why do some on this board continuously and blindly defend the Mayor and B.A. for creating a difficult work environment?  Are the town employees not unionized?  As such, are they not usually deemed part of the Democratic BASE?  So, why does the Mayor want to alienate himself from those that the Democratic party claim to solidly represent? 

As the saying goes, "with friends like these, who needs enemas."  Hypocrisy at its finest.

He does not represent the workers at all. If the mayor could he would out source all the jobs. There is a little voice wispering in his ear from the W.D. telling him how much easier it would be. Soon all the people that know anything about the towns infastructure and the real cost of things will be gone.The cash cow lives again.

I just heard that the B.A. came up with a new money saving scheme.  It seems that our town employs several employees who serve in various branches of the reserves.  For their troubles, he is instructing the respective bosses to "dock" their pay for the days that they serve their country.  To all of you, thank you and God Bless you.

Mr. D'Arco you should be ashamed of yourself, I recall hearing somewhere that you are a veteran,  I sure hope God has a sense of humor.  Any Department heads who entertain this ridiculous policy should also be ashamed.  When I hear things like this, I am almost afraid to say I'm from Kearny.

Mayor and Council, if these rumors are true, it is time to reign in your hired gun.  He is now making all of us look bad.

Yes D'Arco is a Vietnam Vet, He could care less about today Vetrans.

Only himself.

Guest you may be right, I may be crazy
Thank goodness, Mrs. Pettegrew's husband, a Kearny fireman keeps signing up to go..heard he also gets paid full salary while he's gone.

I believe Chief Pettigrew's salary was adjusted by about $13,000 after his activation exceeded the time the town awards for an enlisted person in his capacity and the differential pay kicked in. With the new 24 hour schedule that the fire department works on, that 90 day period has also been adjusted to a 45 day period. Also you don't "sign up" to go, you are ordered to go by the President of the United States. Don't be so sarcastic and derogatory, when was the last time you spent 90 days in the desert fighting in a War? Thank goodness Chief Pettigrew went instead of one of your beloved family members.

Guest Studies and Observations
This Business Administrator goes out of his way to make the work conditions for the town employees worse.  So much for increased efficiency.

Now, the question is, why do some on this board continuously and blindly defend the Mayor and B.A. for creating a difficult work environment?  Are the town employees not unionized?  As such, are they not usually deemed part of the Democratic BASE?  So, why does the Mayor want to alienate himself from those that the Democratic party claim to solidly represent? 

As the saying goes, "with friends like these, who needs enemas."  Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yes and no..While the Public Employee Unions on the State level usually go Democrat, in some cases the individual members arent as likely to lockstep as they are in say, the Teamsters or AFL/CIO. Most Police and Firemen are pretty conservative, as opposed to Teachers who are usually Liberal.

Archived