Who supports reopening of Keegan??????

Guest enough is enough

Guest enough is enough

I would like to know what Town Officials support the reopening of Keegan Landfill??Did they look into other ways this landfill can be cleaned without reopening it? We all agree Schulyer Ave and surrounding area has a flooding problem was this looked into??If you are a Town Official I hope you did your homework on this. What about the Brownfield grants for cleaning a toxic site??What about property values???

I  would like to know what Town Officials support the reopening of Keegan Landfill??Did they look into other ways this landfill can be cleaned without reopening it? We all agree Schulyer Ave and surrounding area has a flooding problem was this looked into??If you are a Town Official I hope you did your homework on this. What about the Brownfield grants for cleaning a toxic site??What about property values???

;);) this IS A GOOD START! B):lol:

Guest guest
I  would like to know what Town Officials support the reopening of Keegan Landfill??Did they look into other ways this landfill can be cleaned without reopening it? We all agree Schulyer Ave and surrounding area has a flooding problem was this looked into??If you are a Town Official I hope you did your homework on this. What about the Brownfield grants for cleaning a toxic site??What about property values???

They will not answer just like other posts. But oh what a great Town. Yes it is if we get rid of Santos and council. We know Santos supports this and I guess the yes girls also.I know this site must be cleaned but there has to be other ways. We closed other landfills without creating another.Did anyone in the Town look into this?I agree its about money.$$

Guest guest
They will not answer just like other posts. But oh what a great Town. Yes it is if we get rid of Santos and council. We know Santos supports this and I guess the yes girls also.I know this site must be cleaned but there has to be other ways. We closed other landfills without creating another.Did anyone in the Town look into this?I agree its about money.$$

Do you think one of the officials will answer? HELL NO.They only answer when they can put together some BS STORY. Or maybe they post under some phony name.

Guest second ward
Do you think one of the officials will answer? HELL NO.They only answer when they can put together some BS STORY. Or maybe they post under some phony name.

It amazes me that no official will answer. Wonder why?

Guest guest
It amazes me that no official will answer. Wonder why?

They will never answer us. And if they did it would be whatever the ego manic Santos tells them to say. Jim Mangin is the only one that answers. He would be a excellent Mayor honest, kind and most of all he tells it like he sees it.

Guest Radagast
They will never answer us. And if they did it would be whatever the ego manic Santos tells them to say. Jim Mangin is the only one that answers. He would be a excellent Mayor honest, kind and most of all he tells it like he sees it.

The simple answer is that there are no other solutions that the town could afford. If there were, I think someone would have come up with it in the past 33 years. Brownfields doesn't apply here because there is no public private partnership. As a business proposition, closing Keegan to develop is a loser. Like it or not, this is the best we are going to do. Unless, of course, everyone just wants to leave it the way it is.

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
Becaue they might say something Al won't approve of.

Santo-o-logy is a new cult religion that has it's roots in Kearny NJ. I was at one time a believing member and was cast out for asking a simple but fatal question.Make no mistake, it is a very liberating feeling to speak against this cult......If any one is interested what the simple but fatal question was, just ask..........You will be astonished by the truth.

The simple answer is that there are no other solutions that the town could afford. If there were, I think someone would have come up with it in the past 33 years.  Brownfields doesn't apply here because there is no public private partnership. As a business proposition, closing Keegan to develop is a loser. Like it or not, this is the best we are going to do. Unless, of course, everyone just wants to leave it the way it is.

Rad,

Why does it have to be a solution that the Town can afford? Sufficient documentation exists showing who the responsible parties are and they are the ones that should pay for the closure, not Kearny. The Santos administration will not go after them because then the Town will not receive any money in return. The NJMC will give us money today, if we let them re-open Keegan which then makes money for them.

So there two options. First, make the responsible parties pay for closing Keegan properly. If we do that, the landfill stays closed, but the Town doesn't get any money. Second, let the NJMC re-open Keegan and operate it for 10 years, and give the Town $2 million a year (for the 1st 3 years only).

My problem with all of this is that the first option was never even considered. Tell the truth, did you even know another option existed?

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest
Rad,

Why does it have to be a solution that the Town can afford? Sufficient documentation exists showing who the responsible parties are and they are the ones that should pay for the closure, not Kearny. The Santos administration will not go after them because then the Town will not receive any money in return. The NJMC will give us money today, if we let them re-open Keegan which then makes money for them. 

So there two options. First, make the responsible parties pay for closing Keegan properly. If we do that, the landfill stays closed, but the Town doesn't get any money. Second, let the NJMC re-open Keegan and operate it for 10 years, and give the Town $2 million a year (for the 1st 3 years only).

My problem with all of this is that the first option was never even considered. Tell the truth, did you even know another option existed?

Jim Mangin

Jim,

I did not know about the other option, howeever, trying to chase down funding by going after a bunch of garbage dumpers from over 40 years ago seems a lot harder than taking it from NJMDC.

Guest The Real Reason
Santo-o-logy is a new cult religion that has it's roots in Kearny NJ. I was at one time a believing member and was cast out for asking a simple but fatal question.Make no mistake, it is a very liberating feeling to speak against this cult......If any one is interested what the simple but fatal question was, just ask..........You will be astonished by the truth.

What really happened between the mayor and Diaz is that when Diaz found out that he wasn't being rehired as a principal, he went into the Mayor's office in the Town Hall, closed the door, wouldn't let the mayor out of the office and then spent the next 45 minutes ranting and raving in his irational nutty way to the point that the mayor felt threatened enough to file a report with the Kearny Police Dept.

It bordeded on being held against his will.

Diaz didn't dis anybody. Anyone that has had dealings with him, runs as far away from him as possible except for people like John Campbell and Jim Mangin who would back Adolph Hitler if they could to use as a spin doctor and promote their own political aspirations.

Guest guest
What really happened between the mayor and Diaz is that when Diaz found out that he wasn't being rehired as a principal, he went into the Mayor's office in the Town Hall, closed the door, wouldn't let the mayor out of the office and then spent the next 45 minutes ranting and raving in his irational nutty way to the point that the mayor felt threatened enough to file a report with the Kearny Police Dept.

Diaz didn't dis anybody.  Anyone that has had dealings with him, runs as far away from him as possible except for people like John Campbell and Jim Mangin who would back Adolph Hitler if they could to use as a spin doctor and promote their own political aspirations.

This is about Keegan landfill not about Diaz locking Santos in a room. If my taxes keep going up and this landfill reopens beleive me alot of people are going to want to get Santos in the room.

Guest spin it

Diaz didn't dis anybody.  Anyone that has had dealings with him, runs as far away from him as possible except for people like John Campbell and Jim Mangin who would back Adolph Hitler if they could to use as a spin doctor and promote their own political aspirations.

Come on now, that's not fair. You talk about spin. You go from Diaz holding the mayor against his will to Magin and Campbell backing Diaz. What were they outside the door with masks on? Please, you sound like Diaz. Well, if the mayor filed a report that should be on record at the police Department for all interested in seeing it.

Guest The Real Reason
Come on now, that's not fair. You talk about spin. You go from Diaz holding the mayor against his will to Magin and Campbell backing Diaz. What were they outside the door with masks on? Please, you sound like Diaz. Well, if the mayor filed a report that should be on record at the police Department for all interested in seeing it.

True Story!

Guest Guest

I can see it now the mayor behind his desk and diaz doing his rant about how he was forced to pay for his position. I agree if you have ever looked into Norbertos eyes you can't help but feel uneasy.But let me ask this, was the mayor uneasy with what Norberto was telling him, or because he was in a room alone with Norberto. Humm one to ponder. Maybe both.

Guest guest
Rad,

Jim Mangin

Who are the responsible parties? I think this is a excellent idea to go after the parties responsible. What about a time limit since this landfill was closed many moons ago?Would the parties be exempt? I HOPE NOT.I also did not know other options existed. Since the Mayor wants and needs the reopening IS IT TO LATE TO FIGHT THIS?

Guest Guest
I can see it now the mayor behind his desk and diaz doing his rant about how he was forced to pay for his position. I agree if you have ever looked into Norbertos eyes you can't help but feel uneasy.But let me ask this, was the mayor uneasy with what Norberto was telling him, or because he was in a room alone with Norberto. Humm one to ponder. Maybe both.

Na, I think that it was probably the same reason why the superintendent insisted on psychiatric evaluations and the internal affairs investigator for the Kearny Police Dept. doing the investigation into the officer that Diaz made false accusations about wrote in his report that ** ******* ******** *****.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest swamp thing

Hey! what's the problem with reopening the dump? What? a few more rats, the water level changes a little and the best part is the town makes money. Of course this won't lower your taxes any but it will keep them down some until the mayor gets reelected. So come on be a sport and stop complaining there's a good side to everything.

Guest guest
Hey! what's the problem with reopening the dump? What? a few more rats, the water level changes a little and the best part is the town makes money.  Of course this won't lower your taxes any but it will keep them down some until the mayor gets reelected. So come on be a sport and stop complaining there's a good side to everything.

You are joking??

Guest guest
Who are the responsible parties? I think this is a excellent idea to go after the parties responsible. What about a time limit since this landfill was closed many moons ago?Would the parties be exempt? I HOPE NOT.I also did not know other options existed.  Since the Mayor wants and needs the reopening IS IT TO LATE TO FIGHT THIS?

I know if I was a council person I would answer posts on serious issues. MAYOR AND COUNCIL THINK THEY ARE TOO GOOD TO RESPOND. Many areas Mayors respond back. But then again look what we are dealing with a MAYOR WITH A EGO A COUNCIL WHO JUST NODS.

QUOTE(A. Realist @ Jul 6 2005, 08:45 AM)

from the thread "weekend fire"

PS Mr. Mangin was "mistaken " when he said that the payment from NJMC was not received by the Town of Kearny. It was; and therefore is a legitimate revenue of, I believe, around 2 million dollars in the budget. "Thank you, Mayor."

Hey, this is great! You questioned the Mayor on a financial matter! I love it! It's like I never left. Congratulations!

And the Mayor told you that on the last day of the fiscal year we did receive the $2,250,000 pay-off from the Meadowlands Commission to let them re-open the Keegan dump.

Ok, next assignment. Now ask the Mayor how we can we accept a lease payment without a signed lease agreement? (unless he signed an agreement behind closed doors). Ask him how he knows there will be enough money in the escrow account to close the landfill. Ask him why he won't put that money where it belongs - in the Town's Landfill Closure Trust Fund (it currently has about $4 million in it). If he put the money there then we would be sure there will be enough money in the escrow account to close Keegan properly once the Meadowlands Commission has made enough money from it.

Seriously - that money should be put away to do the one thing we all agree on - keep the contaminants in Keegan from further polluting the Kearny Marsh. That's the right thing to do. But sadly - it's all about the money!

Jim Mangin

ps - "legitimate revenue"? It's blood money.

Guest guest
QUOTE(A. Realist @ Jul 6 2005, 08:45 AM)

from the thread "weekend fire"

PS Mr. Mangin was "mistaken " when he said that the payment from NJMC was not received by the Town of Kearny. It was; and therefore is a legitimate revenue of, I believe, around 2 million dollars in the budget. "Thank you, Mayor."

Hey, this is great! You questioned the Mayor on a financial matter! I love it! It's like I never left. Congratulations!

And the Mayor told you that on the last day of the fiscal year we did receive the $2,250,000 pay-off from the Meadowlands Commission to let them re-open the Keegan dump.

Ok, next assignment. Now ask the Mayor how we can we accept a lease payment without a signed lease agreement? (unless he signed an agreement behind closed doors). Ask him how he knows there will be enough money in the escrow account to close the landfill. Ask him why he won't put that money where it belongs - in the Town's Landfill Closure Trust Fund (it currently has about $4 million in it). If he put the money there then we would be sure there will be enough money in the escrow account to close Keegan properly once the Meadowlands Commission has made enough money from it.

Seriously - that money should be put away to do the one thing we all agree on - keep the contaminants in Keegan from further polluting the Kearny Marsh. That's the right thing to do. But sadly - it's all about the money!

Jim Mangin

ps - "legitimate revenue"? It's blood money.

Mr. Mangin, What the Mayor did does not seem legal. How can the Mayor accept payment without signing the agreeement ? We must find out if this was behind closed doors like you stated..Is this public info?

• 15 years later...