NJ Transit Bus #40

Guest libmandy

Guest libmandy

Hi,

I just moved to Washington Ave. near Kearny Ave. and want to take the NJ Transit Bus #40 to the Harrison PATH station. I think I've the got the "getting there" thing down pat -- I'll be boarding the bus at Laurel and Elm.

However, getting back home I'm a little confused about -- does the bus go back up Kearny Ave. near where I live, or do I have to do the ENTIRE loop toward Elizabeth, etc.?? It seems silly that all I need to do is go back up Kearny Ave. to get home and instead I'm taking a very scenic route. :blink:

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Guest libmandy
Hi,

I just moved to Washington Ave. near Kearny Ave. and want to take the NJ Transit Bus #40 to the Harrison PATH station. I think I've the got the "getting there" thing down pat -- I'll be boarding the bus at Laurel and Elm.

However, getting back home I'm a little confused about -- does the bus go back up Kearny Ave. near where I live, or do I have to do the ENTIRE loop toward Elizabeth, etc.?? It seems silly that all I need to do is go back up Kearny Ave. to get home and instead I'm taking a very scenic route.  :lol:

Nevermind - I figured it out - thanks anyway!

Guest Guest
Hi,

However, getting back home I'm a little confused about -- does the bus go back up Kearny Ave. near where I live, or do I have to do the ENTIRE loop toward Elizabeth, etc.?? It seems silly that all I need to do is go back up Kearny Ave. to get home and instead I'm taking a very scenic route.  :lol:

When you get off the path train go across the street and catch the bus back to Laurel and Elm. And that's that.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the route of that bus, but you can probably use the itinerary planner on NJ Transit's website to give you an idea of how to get back.

Trying it myself, this is what I got (edited a bit for clarity). I made these 'assumptions':

1. Starting point is Harrison PATH station

2. Ending point is the intersection of Laurel and Elm

3. You're starting the 'journey' on July 16th (chosen because it's the first weekday coming up as of this writing) at 3pm

==================

Step 1: Walk approx. 5 blocks on E Frank Rodgers Blvd S.

Step 2: Turn right on Harrison Ave.

Step 3: Walk a short distance on Harrison Ave.

Step 4: Total walking is 0.44 miles.

Depart: HARRISON AVE. & 4 TH ST.(On 39 North Arlington - exact fare) at 03:25 PM

Arrive: KEARNY AVE. & LAUREL AVE. at 3:39 PM

Step 1: Walk approx. 3 blocks on Laurel Ave.

Step 2: Total walking is 0.29 miles.

The total cost is $1.35 for the regular fare and $0.65 for children/disabled/seniors.

==================

Hope that helps. :)

Guest Concrned
Hi,

:) No, it does not go Kearny Ave. just get off at Elm & Laurel and walk back up the hill, if you take the Path to Broad St Station in Newark you can walk downstairs and catch the #39 via Kearny Ave. it is much more convienient that way. Good Luck

Guest Guest
Hi,

I use the NJ Transit website, but I also call customer service (800) 772-2222, they do a great job of explaining routes. GOOD LUCK!