Observer

Some of you seem to think a parent or any other family member should be ashamed of one who has an addiction problem...it is not shame, but rather unconditional love.  Sorry for those who never had that.  It's "by the Grace of God" that  some are spared, not by a job with the town.  These women and their families have guts; and hearts, to help others.  Bless them.  They too, are loved unconditionally.

but when the addiction leads to an assault against a police officer it's time to stop coddling and start punishing. sorry but tough love is better for an addict than unconditional love. i feel sorry for the police officer.

Some of you seem to think a parent or any other family member should be ashamed of one who has an addiction problem...it is not shame, but rather unconditional love.  Sorry for those who never had that.  It's "by the Grace of God" that  some are spared, not by a job with the town.  These women and their families have guts; and hearts, to help others.  Bless them.  They too, are loved unconditionally.

Huh?!?!? People are "spared" from addiction not by the "Grace of God" but by the conscious decision not to abuse drugs and drink. If you want to look at it from a religious point of view that's fine, God gives us "free will" to make "choices". I'd like to sit around, not go to work, and party all day but I choose to support myself and my family.

I don't even mind if that's the way the guy chooses to live his life, just leave the rest of us out of it. Stop burdening the tax payers with your problems and trying to beat up cops.

Please stop making excuses for people, that's what got them in this situation in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gotbooks?
but when the addiction leads to an assault against a police officer it's time to stop coddling and start punishing. sorry but tough love is better for an addict than unconditional love. i feel sorry for the police officer.

i absolutly agree, there is never a reason to assault a police oficer. tough love is hard to do, but if there is unconditional love, the being tough comes a bit easier.

Guest gotbooks?
Huh?!?!?  People are "spared" from addiction not by the "Grace of God" but by the conscious decision not to abuse drugs and drink.  If you want to look at it from a religious point of view that's fine, God gives us "free will" to make "choices".  I'd like to sit around, not go to work, and party all day but I choose to support myself and my family.

I don't even mind if that's the way the guy chooses to live his life, just leave the rest of us out of it.  Stop burdening the tax payers with your problems and trying to beat up cops.

Please stop making excuses for people, that's what got them in this situation in the first place.

Hate to tell you this dude, addicts don't have the ability to make choices. That's the difference between being an addict and not. For addicts, the only choice is to drink, or drug, or sex up, or shop out...whatever your addiction is. It's not until we admit that we are powerless over our addiction that we can get better. And, what makes you think that all addicts are sitting around and not suppporting families? Some of us might be working right beside you!!

Hate to tell you this dude, addicts don't have the ability to make choices.  That's  the difference between being an addict and not.  For addicts, the only choice is to drink, or drug, or sex up, or shop out...whatever your addiction is.  It's not until we admit that we are powerless over our addiction that we can get better.  And, what makes you think that all addicts are sitting around and not suppporting families?  Some of us might be working right beside you!!

Sorry dude. I will not buy into the excuses no matter how many you come up with. You do have a choice but you are too weak to make the right one. You would rather take the easy way out.

Stop trying to educate me and solve your problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived