MAYOR SANTOS TO BE SCHOOL B.A. ?????

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

Guest Public School Teacher
It's sad when there are qualified teachers applying for jobs in Kearny, and not getting positions when non-qualified people get jobs because of who they know ... send you kids to private school ... smaller class sizes and teachers who care! :unsure:

Keep your kids in public school ... average class size 20, Certified & Highly Qualified Teacher's who care (just because you teach in a private school does not mean you care more than public school teachers), Kearny's test scores are great (private schools are not required to comply to the state testing). I could go on and on ...

All politics aside ... Kearny schools are filled with incredable, caring, and dedicated teachers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Keep your kids in public school

... average class size 20, Certified & Highly Qualified Teacher's who care (just because you teach in a private school does not mean you care more than public school teachers),  Kearny's test scores are great (private schools are not required to comply to the state testing).  I could go on and on ...

All politics aside ... Kearny schools are filled with incredable, caring, and dedicated teachers.

The above is paid for by friends of the KEA

Guest Curious
It's sad when there are qualified teachers applying for jobs in Kearny, and not getting positions when non-qualified people get jobs because of who they know ... send you kids to private school ... smaller class sizes and teachers who care! :unsure:

I quote YOU "send you kids to private school" Is this the grammer you will teach my child? LOL I will stay Public.

Guest Guest

Keep your kids in public school

... average class size 20, Certified & Highly Qualified Teacher's who care (just because you teach in a private school does not mean you care more than public school teachers),  Kearny's test scores are great (private schools are not required to comply to the state testing).  I could go on and on ...

incredable

Who can't spell!

• 5 weeks later...

MARY TORRES, 21 YEARS ON THE KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION!!! 21 TAX INCREASES!!!! IN TO LONG ITS TIME FOR HER TO GO!!!! LET'S RID OURSELVES OF "HAND SCANNER MARY" ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!

Please explain why the hand scanner was such a bad idea. Punching in and out is a common practice for working people, why not for the Board of Ed employees? Are they special from all other working people? If your doing nothing wrong why all the fuss?

Please explain why the hand scanner was such a bad idea. Punching in and out is a common practice for working people, why not for the Board of Ed employees? Are they special from all other working people? If your doing nothing wrong why all the fuss?

The reason the hand scanner was a bad idea was not because of the accountability factor. Like you said, it's a common practice. Where the Board of Education was wrong on this issue (and wasted precious taxpayer dollars) was that they didn't do their homework (get it? education? homework, oh never mind).

The Board of Ed never checked the teachers' labor agreement. Punching in via a hand scanner was not in their contract - but signing in was. Believe me, I've read that contract enough times. Since the method of punching in was in the contract, that makes it negotiable. If the BOE wanted the teachers to use hand scanners they would have to get the teachers' union to agree to put it in their contract. And that agreement is not going to come without a price.

If the Board of Ed had simply read the same labor agreement they negotiated they could have saved all the money wasted on these hand scanners.

Jim Mangin

Where is it common practice for professionals, who earn a yearly salary and are not hourly employees, to punch in and out?

The reason the hand scanner was a bad idea was not because of the accountability factor. Like you said, it's a common practice. Where the Board of Education was wrong on this issue (and wasted precious taxpayer dollars) was that they didn't do their homework (get it? education? homework, oh never mind).

The Board of Ed never checked the teachers' labor agreement. Punching in via a hand scanner was not in their contract - but signing in was. Believe me, I've read that contract enough times. Since the method of punching in was in the contract, that makes it negotiable. If the BOE wanted the teachers to use hand scanners they would have to get the teachers' union to agree to put it in their contract. And that agreement is not going to come without a price.

If the Board of Ed had simply read the same labor agreement they negotiated they could have saved all the money wasted on these hand scanners.

Jim Mangin

You are right about the contract. But let's face it, the palm scanners were just another attempt by the BOE to bust b****.

Jim Mangin

Thanks Mr. Magin, again your the only one with answers.

Guest B. Diaz
MARY TORRES,      21 YEARS ON THE KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION!!!        21 TAX INCREASES!!!!    IN TO LONG ITS TIME FOR HER TO GO!!!!  LET'S RID OURSELVES OF "HAND SCANNER MARY" ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!

Why have Mayor Santos and Mary Torres allowed the price of gasoline in Kearny go through the roof. When Santos got into office, the price of gasoline was $1.25 per gallon, now it's pushing $4.00. Haven't we had enough? It's time for them to go. 21 years is too long!

Guest uselessasaboemember

Jim Mangin

Jim Mangin.........A legend in his own mind!

TAX BILLS are being studied MAYOR and the people have had it with the debt you have placed on this town. But then you don't own a home so you would'nt understand the hardships you have placed on TAXPAYERS by the decisions made by your adminstration. Don't worry MAYOR you just keep going to school while we property owners try to find a way to pay for this" tax mess".

Jim Mangin

Is the reason the scanners were dumped! What a waste of my money! What's wrong with you people!!!!!!

we're not talking about professionals.Professionals don't have labor contracts and unions.

Oh really? Tell that to any "Professional Athlete" among numerous other professions including; Doctors, Lawyers, Bussiness People, Pilots, Entertainers etc. All of these professions can be under many forms of contracts and are negotiated for by unions and agents.

Guest Who are you?
Why have Mayor Santos and Mary Torres allowed the price of gasoline in Kearny go through the roof.  When Santos got into office, the price of gasoline was $1.25 per gallon, now it's pushing $4.00.  Haven't we had enough?  It's time for them to go.  21 years is too long!

How does the mayor or BOE member controll the price of gas??? I think ypu'r full of something!

Oh really? Tell that to any "Professional Athlete" among numerous other professions including; Doctors, Lawyers, Bussiness People, Pilots, Entertainers etc.  All of these professions can be under many forms of contracts and are negotiated for by unions and agents.

The above mentioned people are true pros, not the pretend type. They have contracts but on an individual basis, not as a group! In the case of pro athletes, the better he/she performs the bigger the pay check. So when you start to negotiate on an individual basis then maybe we will consider you a professional. Your a labor pool. To quote jw, stop the "BULL SHIT" Yea really!

Ps. with the exception of actors there just phonies.

Archived