Summer Hours

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

How come the guys who work at the garage go home at 2:30, but the people who work in offices don't get that luxury? I understand it's hot out, but it's just as hot at 2:30 as it is at 4. And why not offer something to everyone else? There are plenty of people to cover shifts in offices. They can rotate coming in early and leaving early. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Talk about special treatment.

How come the guys who work at the garage go home at 2:30, but the people who work in offices don't get that luxury?  I understand it's hot out, but it's just as hot at 2:30 as it is at 4.  And why not offer something to everyone else?  There are plenty of people to cover shifts in offices.  They can rotate coming in early and leaving early.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Talk about special treatment.

Well, If you took time to think about what you was typing you would have your answer. First of all It is NOT Special Treatment they give up a 1/2 hour of there lunch so they can beat the heat. Second, office workers have A/C in there offices. so, How hot do you get all day. Third, Sometimes it is just as hot @ 2:30 as it is at 4:00. But if they start @ 6:30am to 2:30pm. It gives the guys a jump start on the heat, they still work there 8 hours a day. These Guys are outside Summer, Fall, Winter, & Spring. Rain, Snow & Shine. Dealing with bugs, Dust, Traffic & Jerks. So, as you are sitting in your nice soft chair looking out of your window with the A/C on high rember who has it rough.

Guest Guest
How come the guys who work at the garage go home at 2:30, but the people who work in offices don't get that luxury?  I understand it's hot out, but it's just as hot at 2:30 as it is at 4.  And why not offer something to everyone else?  There are plenty of people to cover shifts in offices.  They can rotate coming in early and leaving early.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Talk about special treatment.

Because Ronnie gets up early thats why.

Guest Guest

Of course its probably a B**ch sitting at the desk complaining. Your right. Their sitting in the a.c. Let them go out in the heat and they probably would then shut-up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

You completely missed the point. Before you jump down someone's throat try to understand. The question was why not offer something to everyone, it's summer, they all would like to go home early once in a while.

Guest Guest
You completely missed the point.  Before you jump down someone's throat try to understand.  The question was why not offer something to everyone, it's summer, they all would like to go home early once in a while.

Because alot of Gov/buiss institutions are not open that early snapper head.If we let them do that they would just be sitting around till 9am using up my tax dollar.

besides the Elks will still be open for the tar beach party

Guest Guest
Well, If you took time to think about what you was typing you would have your answer. First of all It is NOT Special Treatment they give up a 1/2 hour of there lunch so they can beat the heat. Second, office workers have A/C in there offices. so, How hot do you get all day. Third, Sometimes it is just as hot @ 2:30 as it is at 4:00. But if they start @ 6:30am to 2:30pm. It gives the guys a jump start on the heat, they still work there 8 hours a day. These Guys are outside Summer, Fall, Winter, & Spring. Rain, Snow & Shine. Dealing with bugs, Dust, Traffic & Jerks. So, as you are sitting in your nice soft chair looking out of your window with the A/C on high rember who has it rough.

Here we go!! You chose the town garage, I chose a chair. Do you really start at 6:30, Yeah Ok.. So you can't type, and have 0 people skills on the phone, and that 's my fault. Bottom line your getting something special, except it. Maybe I'll give up my desk, and put my wrinkled a$s in a cut off and come work with you.

• 1 month later...

Under the old civil service rules no one has to work more than 35 hours a week.

(other than police and fire)

That's why every town employee is finished on Friday at noon.