Mr.Mangin do you know?

Guest second ward

Guest A. Realist
Biased? Ya, think?!?! How about a total lack of any objectivity.

As for entertaining, I do like to watch him/her licking the boots of the Santos team.

I am, by my own admission, extremely biased in favor of the Santos Team. (Much in the same manner, and with the same passion, that you are anti-Santos.)That which I post is my opinion; and opinion by its very definition is not objective. My opinion only has to meet one criteria--it has to be MINE.

Holy cow! I didn't know you could SEE me! I better cover up, comb my beard and brush my teeth!!!

PS Those boots are made of the finest Corinthian leather. Slurp! Slurp! Lickin' boots is much better than eatin' crow! Do you even remember what it's like to win?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest A. Realist
Inform us! Maybe if you were even slightly objective

Posting for self-satisfaction! That's really funny. Are you using both hands?

Maybe I SHOULD try to be more objective, like you guys. Riiiiiiiiiiight!!!!

I can't use both hands--I need at least one to type, silly!

Guest Guest
I am, by my own admission, extremely biased in favor of the Santos Team. (Much in the same manner, and with the same passion, that you are anti-Santos.)That which I post is my opinion; and opinion by its very definition is not objective. My opinion only has to meet one criteria--it has to be MINE.

Holy cow! I didn't know you could SEE me! I better cover up, comb my beard and brush my teeth!!!

PS Those boots are made of the finest Corinthian leather. Slurp! Slurp! Lickin' boots is much better than eatin' crow! Do you even remember what it's like to win?

Opinions can be objective when they're based on facts, not the fanatical "passion" that you have with the Legal Beagle.

I never said I was anti-Santos. I've voted for him. Unfortunately, like most, he's long on promises and short on delivery. However, it is good to read that the Mayor and Council are interested in taking up truly important issues like whether or not to build a dog park.

I've seen the man's car, I doubt he has anything made with Corinthian leather.

I'm not concerned with winning, just doing what's right for the citizens of Kearny. Anyway, can you really call it winning when no one even cares enough to compete?

Guest A. Realist
I'm not concerned with winning, just doing what's right for the citizens of Kearny.  Anyway, can you really call it winning when no one even cares enough to compete?

Oh, the old "winning vs. doing the right thing"? (As if being a winner automatically precludes one from doing the right thing. What hogwash!) That is a perfect example of ego-balming rationale proffered by one who is obviously familiar with the "agony of defeat".

And why does no one care enough to compete? According to you there are plenty of nay-sayers. Easy to complain; not so easy to put yourself out there. Especially when it appears the opposition fired its best ammo and failed to bring the Santos Team down. Intimidated by success? Therein lies the victory!!

Guest guest
Oh, the old "winning vs. doing the right thing"? (As if being a winner automatically precludes one from doing the right thing. What hogwash!) That is a perfect example of ego-balming rationale proffered by one who is obviously familiar with the "agony of defeat".

And why does no one care enough to compete? According to you there are plenty of nay-sayers. Easy to complain; not so easy to put yourself out there. Especially when it appears the opposition fired its best ammo and failed to bring the Santos Team down. Intimidated by success? Therein lies the victory!!

You must be a leader in the Town or County. Thats all you post about is how great Santos and his yes girls are. Sorry Santos and his team messed up Big time on numerous issues. By the posts I read many people seem unhappy with Santos. Lets ask the residents who get flooded how great Santos is??

Guest Ivy st.
Jim,

I had a chance today to go through recent posts and I have to agree with "Really Confused" who stated that your rebuttal to A. Realist did more to confirm his arguments than to dispute them.  I agree that it just seems logical that the sewerage reflux is a direct result of excessive storm and waste waters (flooding) ingressing and egressing the King Street area via a combined system.

I have to take exception to your declaration that it was never the opinion of the Town Engineer that it would be unwise to separate the King Street sewer out of the prescribed sequence.  (Actually you said it was an "out-right lie").  I am in receipt of an E-mail from Neglia Engineering wherein Mike Neglia says, "Sewer separating King Street now would not create enough relief to help the existing situation.... What does make sense is what we are doing which is to sewer separate the down stream system first, creating more capacity in the Schuyler Sanitary sewer, which is where the problem lies.

The submission goes on to state that in addition to the continual efforts to divert storm water from the Schuyler sewer through the scheduled separation phases, others measures have also been taken in pursuit of a solution: improvement of the drainage capacity of Frank's Creek, working with NJMC on a flood prevention component to the impending landfill closure, the upgrade of existing pump stations and of course the construction of the King Street pump station.  ( And frankly, does it really matter whose idea it was?  The point is, the Town saw it as a reasonable opportunity to address the problem and began construction.)  Kearny has spent in excess of 10 million dollars trying to solve this and related sewer/drainage problems in the past 4 or 5 years.  Your attempt at presenting a picture of an uncaring governing body is totally irresponsible.

Given Mike Neglia's credentials versus yours in this field, guess who I rely on?

This 10 million dollars has nothing to do with King St. By the way when Bergan Ave. was completed your engineer Neglia said it would give us relief here on Ivy St. It did not help at all.Lets ask the residents on Ivy St. ,King and Schulyer if this governing body is totally irresponsible ??

I'm confused. Was former councilman Mangin's response supposed to prove A. Realist wrong or right?  Mangin seems to agree that the long term solution will cost millions and the town doesn't have millions right now.  I am not sure but he seems to be saying that the pump might work and the Town is doing that.  So where is this big plot he is talking about?  The newspaper quotes he uses even say " the area AROUND King" not King itself.

If I was unclear I'm sorry. This issue is very complicated and contains two components - sewage and stormwater. The Town's response to the stormwater flooding problem has been to say we need $49 million, which we don't have. When the residents demanded a better answer to the raw sewage problem, the Town's response was that King St. and Schuyler Ave will be included in the next phase of sewer separation. When the residents found out that these streets are not included as promised they took their case to the Dept. of Environmental Protection. It was the DEP that suggested the pump station and the Town agreed. The residents correctly asked, "If a pump station will help, why didn't the Town or Town Engineer ever suggest it before the DEP did?"

Basically, the residents are angry because in 2000 Mayor Santos promised them relief within 18 months. That was five years ago.

They feel they were misled.

They were told the intersection of King and Schuyler was in the next phase of sewer separation, but it's not.

They were told the Town was doing everything possible to help them. But, then they found out a pump station could help - a pump station the Town never suggested.

I hope this helps clarify what I wrote. If not, let me know.

Jim Mangin

ps - I never mentioned "a big plot." Where did that come from? And FYI - the closest streets to King and Schuyler in the next phase are Tappan St and Hoyt. That is not "the area around King St."

Your attempt at presenting a picture of an uncaring governing body is totally irresponsible.

I don't consider my opinion to be irresponsible at all. And it is my opinion that the Mayor and Town Council have been uncaring on this particular issue. I base that opinion on the facts I have stated in previous posts, plus one other factor. I also base that opinion on the actions, inactions and comments of members of the Governing Body in closed session meetings when this issue was discussed. I for one, look forward to the day when this lawsuit is finally settled, not just for the relief the residents seek, but also for the records on this issue to be released. And when that happens I will gladly elaborate on why I feel this way.

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest

Actually, it is a perfect example of another politician (the Legal Beagle in this case) not living up to his promises.

You're right it is easier to complain, people just don't care enough to run.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
I don't consider my opinion to be irresponsible at all. And it is my opinion that the Mayor and Town Council have been uncaring on this particular issue. I base that opinion on the facts I have stated in previous posts, plus one other factor. I also base that opinion on the actions, inactions and comments of members of the Governing Body in closed session meetings when this issue was discussed. I for one, look forward to the day when this lawsuit is finally settled, not just for the relief the residents seek, but also for the records on this issue to be released. And when that happens I will gladly elaborate on why I feel this way.

Jim Mangin

I would like to know has the Town ever be fined by the NJ DEP for this sewage problem? When will the records be released??

Archived