Mr.Mangin do you know?

Guest second ward

Guest schulyer ave under h2o

This is a serious matter and my neighbors have fought a long hard battle.Iam happy that a majority of residents support them. Its sad that they had to live with raw sewage in there homes. Why cant Mayor Santos admit he did not help these residents? And why did it take so long for a pumping station?????WHY?????????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a serious matter and my neighbors have fought a long hard battle.Iam happy that a majority of residents support them. Its sad that they had to live with raw sewage in there homes. Why cant Mayor Santos admit he did not help these residents? And why did it take so long for a pumping station?????WHY?????????

:(:( santos is a liar or just dumb! a pumping station will not help without all new pipes ! the pipes are full of fly ash and other stuff from years and years of use! jim is saying what is "wrong" he is right! some of the problem is with the state and epa! he santos wants to ues the money from the dump fees to pay for this! STUPID PROJECTS LIKE DOOG PARKS " take away from the funds!pork spending is what happened! from JOE HEALY to now the old buddy boys group! and big biss controlls your money!{ wake up wake up} it will get worse before it gets" BETTER" OH UNDER THE STREETS IS ANOTHER THING :blink:;)<_<

Guest Rosa Trolli
:(  :( santos is a liar or just dumb! a pumping station will not help without all new pipes ! the pipes are full of fly ash and other stuff from years and years of use! jim is saying what is "wrong"  he is right! some of the problem is with the state and epa! he santos wants to ues the money from the dump fees to pay for this! STUPID PROJECTS LIKE DOOG PARKS " take away from the funds!pork spending is what happened! from JOE HEALY to now the old buddy boys group! and big biss controlls your money!{ wake up wake up} it will get worse before it gets" BETTER" OH UNDER THE STREETS IS ANOTHER THING  :blink:  ;)  <_<

Does anyone know what the hell this guy is rambling about? More importantly, does anyone care?

Guest Curious

I think he stopped taking his medication. But then again, he is living in Florida, the land of the wacky and weird.

Does anyone know what the hell this guy is rambling about?  More importantly, does anyone care?

I think he stopped taking his medication.  But then again, he is living in Florida, the land of the wacky and weird.

:blink:;) you and sweet rosa must be newbes! that is 20 years or less in kearny ! read all the posts! then you will know" IF YOU OWN A HOME YOU WILL GET IT! <_<:( oh ya its not hurting me! but you??????? read the posts!!!!!

Guest Super Believer
I'm confused. Was former councilman Mangin's response supposed to prove A. Realist wrong or right?  Mangin seems to agree that the long term solution will cost millions and the town doesn't have millions right now.  I am not sure but he seems to be saying that the pump might work and the Town is doing that.  So where is this big plot he is talking about?  The newspaper quotes he uses even say " the area AROUND King" not King itself.

You're not confused, you're right on target.

Guest Curious

Sorry, old fart, I'm no newbie. I have lived here all my life (and that's well over 20 years) and am a homeowner. BTW, I'm NEVER clear on what the hell you're talking about. Please think before you type. Your responses give me a headache.

:(  :( you and sweet rosa must be newbes! that is 20 years or less in kearny ! read all the posts! then you will know" IF YOU OWN A HOME YOU WILL GET IT!  :(  :(  oh ya its not hurting me! but you???????      read the posts!!!!!

I think this post really shows just how blind you are. You really don’t care about facts or the truth, do you? You blindly follow Mayor Santos and even defend the indefensible. Well, I’m here to tell you – Your Emperor has no clothes! This post is the most ridiculous collection of nonsense ever posted on this board.

Addressing the flooding is the ultimate solution.

Addressing the flooding is the ultimate cop-out you mean. We know that fixing the flooding issue will cost $49 million. We know we don’t have $49 million. So, we know we can’t fix the flooding issue. Cop-out. We also know the small pump station cost $415,000. We also know we have $415,000 in old bond money (I’ve said it before, the Mayor doesn’t even know how much he’s borrowed). Therefore, we CAN address the sewage issue, but we chose not to. Who’s idea was the pump station anyway? Not the Mayor’s. Not the Town Engineer’s. It was the Department of Environmental Protection’s idea because even they saw right through the flooding cop-out.

I can't find evidence of one meeting where the King Street residents were told that their street was included in the next phase of the separation process.

Did you attend every meeting where this was discussed? How about the Closed Sessions, did you attend those? How about this, can you read a newspaper?

“Kearny Residents Sue Over Sewage Flooding” by Rose Duger. Jersey Journal August 23, 2003.

“The Town will enter into the second phase of a sewer separation project, which could cost around $10 million and include the area around King Street and Schuyler Avenue, within the next three years, Mayor Santos said.

Still not convinced?

“Residents Fighting Sewage in Their Homes” by Nancy Benecki. Kearny Journal Jan. 29, 2004.

“In August the Town Council applied for $11 million in loans from the State Dept. of Environmental Protection to continue state-mandated sewer and sanitation line separation to fix the problem. At the time, Kearny Mayor Al Santos said the intersection of King and Schuyler would be included in the work. But residents have since learned their streets are not actually included in the list of roads to see sewer work.”

Just because you didn’t witness it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

According to the engineers, it wouldn't make sense to do King Street at this point. Are you now claiming expertise in municipal engineering, too?

The Engineer never made this claim. This is an out-right lie. When I spoke personally to the DEP, they told me that they told Town officials, including the Mayor, that while the Town was obligated to address the streets in the 1998 Judicial Consent Order, the Town was also free to add any other streets they felt could benefit from sewer separation. They didn’t. No engineer ever said it doesn’t make sense to do King Street. That’s an asinine statement. You don’t really expect anyone to believe this, do you? You have zero credibility. And no, I’m not claiming an expertise in municipal engineering. But this particular issue, because of the human suffering as well as enormous public cost, demanded that every elected official do whatever is necessary to alleviate the situation. That meant a lot of phone calls to Trenton and a lot of reading on the whole issue of combined sewer overflows.

Some, not all, of the King Streeters assumed that they were included in the current phase, but their assumtion was incorrect and not based on anything that was said by the administration.

Another lie. Which King Street residents didn’t believe that they were to be included in the next phase? I just showed you two of the dozen or so newspaper articles that announced it. And it was based on what was said by the Mayor himself. Don’t you get it? Like I said, the emperor has no clothes. But you’ll never admit that, will you? Just like you’ll never admit that the Santos administration really dropped the ball on this issue.

Jim Mangin

Jim,

I had a chance today to go through recent posts and I have to agree with "Really Confused" who stated that your rebuttal to A. Realist did more to confirm his arguments than to dispute them. I agree that it just seems logical that the sewerage reflux is a direct result of excessive storm and waste waters (flooding) ingressing and egressing the King Street area via a combined system.

I have to take exception to your declaration that it was never the opinion of the Town Engineer that it would be unwise to separate the King Street sewer out of the prescribed sequence. (Actually you said it was an "out-right lie"). I am in receipt of an E-mail from Neglia Engineering wherein Mike Neglia says, "Sewer separating King Street now would not create enough relief to help the existing situation.... What does make sense is what we are doing which is to sewer separate the down stream system first, creating more capacity in the Schuyler Sanitary sewer, which is where the problem lies.

The submission goes on to state that in addition to the continual efforts to divert storm water from the Schuyler sewer through the scheduled separation phases, others measures have also been taken in pursuit of a solution: improvement of the drainage capacity of Frank's Creek, working with NJMC on a flood prevention component to the impending landfill closure, the upgrade of existing pump stations and of course the construction of the King Street pump station. ( And frankly, does it really matter whose idea it was? The point is, the Town saw it as a reasonable opportunity to address the problem and began construction.) Kearny has spent in excess of 10 million dollars trying to solve this and related sewer/drainage problems in the past 4 or 5 years. Your attempt at presenting a picture of an uncaring governing body is totally irresponsible.

Given Mike Neglia's credentials versus yours in this field, guess who I rely on?

Guest Rosa Trolli
:(  :( you and sweet rosa must be newbes! that is 20 years or less in kearny ! read all the posts! then you will know" IF YOU OWN A HOME YOU WILL GET IT!  :(  :(  oh ya its not hurting me! but you???????      read the posts!!!!!

If you only knew how wrong you really are! Sweetie, I haven't been called a "new" anything in at least 40 years. I am also a Kearny homeowner and God willing I'll remain one until I die.

Guest Guest
I'm confused. Was former councilman Mangin's response supposed to prove A. Realist wrong or right?  Mangin seems to agree that the long term solution will cost millions and the town doesn't have millions right now.  I am not sure but he seems to be saying that the pump might work and the Town is doing that.  So where is this big plot he is talking about?  The newspaper quotes he uses even say " the area AROUND King" not King itself.

makes sense to me. read the articles. the mayor said king and schuyler. whats not to understand.

Guest King Street
Jim,

I had a chance today to go through recent posts and I have to agree with "Really Confused" who stated that your rebuttal to A. Realist did more to confirm his arguments than to dispute them.  I agree that it just seems logical that the sewerage reflux is a direct result of excessive storm and waste waters (flooding) ingressing and egressing the King Street area via a combined system.

I have to take exception to your declaration that it was never the opinion of the Town Engineer that it would be unwise to separate the King Street sewer out of the prescribed sequence.  (Actually you said it was an "out-right lie").  I am in receipt of an E-mail from Neglia Engineering wherein Mike Neglia says, "Sewer separating King Street now would not create enough relief to help the existing situation.... What does make sense is what we are doing which is to sewer separate the down stream system first, creating more capacity in the Schuyler Sanitary sewer, which is where the problem lies.

The submission goes on to state that in addition to the continual efforts to divert storm water from the Schuyler sewer through the scheduled separation phases, others measures have also been taken in pursuit of a solution: improvement of the drainage capacity of Frank's Creek, working with NJMC on a flood prevention component to the impending landfill closure, the upgrade of existing pump stations and of course the construction of the King Street pump station.  ( And frankly, does it really matter whose idea it was?  The point is, the Town saw it as a reasonable opportunity to address the problem and began construction.)  Kearny has spent in excess of 10 million dollars trying to solve this and related sewer/drainage problems in the past 4 or 5 years.  Your attempt at presenting a picture of an uncaring governing body is totally irresponsible.

Given Mike Neglia's credentials versus yours in this field, guess who I rely on?

Yes it does matter whos idea it was for a pump station. When my neighbors have been living with raw sewage for 5 years . JUST ACCEPT THE FACT COUNCILWOMAN THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL DID NOTHING TO HELP MY NEIGHBORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my neighbors can PROVE IT. As for Mike Neglia did he suggest a pump station??????? Dont core a apple on this issue. Ask my neighbors if this governing body is totally irresponsible? Mr.Mangin is only stating the TRUTH.Do you think the residents relied on your town engineer? Get your facts straight.

Guest Guest
Jim,

I had a chance today to go through recent posts and I have to agree with "Really Confused" who stated that your rebuttal to A. Realist did more to confirm his arguments than to dispute them.  I agree that it just seems logical that the sewerage reflux is a direct result of excessive storm and waste waters (flooding) ingressing and egressing the King Street area via a combined system.

I have to take exception to your declaration that it was never the opinion of the Town Engineer that it would be unwise to separate the King Street sewer out of the prescribed sequence.  (Actually you said it was an "out-right lie").  I am in receipt of an E-mail from Neglia Engineering wherein Mike Neglia says, "Sewer separating King Street now would not create enough relief to help the existing situation.... What does make sense is what we are doing which is to sewer separate the down stream system first, creating more capacity in the Schuyler Sanitary sewer, which is where the problem lies.

The submission goes on to state that in addition to the continual efforts to divert storm water from the Schuyler sewer through the scheduled separation phases, others measures have also been taken in pursuit of a solution: improvement of the drainage capacity of Frank's Creek, working with NJMC on a flood prevention component to the impending landfill closure, the upgrade of existing pump stations and of course the construction of the King Street pump station.  ( And frankly, does it really matter whose idea it was?  The point is, the Town saw it as a reasonable opportunity to address the problem and began construction.)  Kearny has spent in excess of 10 million dollars trying to solve this and related sewer/drainage problems in the past 4 or 5 years.  Your attempt at presenting a picture of an uncaring governing body is totally irresponsible.

There you have it folks! 10 million dollars over four or five years and the problem still isn't solved. I guess that's why the council people have avoided answering these postings for so long. Now they're trying to convince you that it's a good thing. The best part of the answer is that they relied on Neglia Engineering to provide a solution. Can anyone say KHS field and Kearny Roller Hockey facility? Two bang up jobs by guess who.

Keep electing them!!!! B):angry::angry:

There you have it folks! 10 million dollars over four or five years and the problem still isn't solved.  I guess that's why the council people have avoided answering these postings for so long.  Now they're trying to convince you that it's a good thing.  The best part of the answer is that they relied on Neglia Engineering to provide a solution.  Can anyone say KHS field and Kearny Roller Hockey facility?  Two bang up jobs by guess who. 

Keep electing them!!!! :angry:  :blink:  :blink:

:P:P:P this is sad sad! shhhh the town is sleeping! hush do not wake them! but how long ya gona sleep 50/75/100 years!! WAKE THE HELL UP !!!!!!!!! B):angry:

If you only knew how wrong you really are!  Sweetie, I haven't been called a "new" anything in at least 40 years.  I am also a Kearny homeowner and God willing I'll remain one until I die.

B):angry: OK ROSA you are not new but not wise to whats going on ! thease days not many plan to live in town "life long" you are rare! so look at what is going down god bless you ! god bless you! :angry::blink:

Guest A. Realist
There you have it folks! 10 million dollars over four or five years and the problem still isn't solved.  I guess that's why the council people have avoided answering these postings for so long.  Now they're trying to convince you that it's a good thing.  The best part of the answer is that they relied on Neglia Engineering to provide a solution.  Can anyone say KHS field and Kearny Roller Hockey facility?  Two bang up jobs by guess who. 

Keep electing them!!!! B)  :angry:  :angry:

That post, folks, is my choice for this year's annual Rumpelstilskin Award. You know--spin, spin, spin. But you know what happens to people who spin too much? They get disoriented, they barf, they lose direction and eventually-------they fall!

Guest Guest
That post, folks, is my choice for this year's annual Rumpelstilskin Award. You know--spin, spin, spin. But you know what happens to people who spin too much? They get disoriented, they barf, they lose direction and eventually-------they fall!

Coming from the King of Spin, I'll take that as a compliment.

As for being a political commentator/analyst, as mentioned in another post, you leave much to be desired. That is, unless we are supposed to believe that everything the Santos team does is right. Can they always be correct on every issue?

Maybe you should take a spin, spin, spin to one of the homes that experiences the flooding problem.

10 million and counting, let me know when the problem is solved.

Guest Flabbergasted

Excellent. I love your posts, biased but very entertaining.

Guest A. Realist

As for being a political commentator/analyst, as mentioned in another post, you leave much to be desired.  That is, unless we are supposed to believe that everything the Santos team does is right.  Can they always be correct on every issue?

Maybe you should take a spin, spin, spin to one of the homes that experiences the flooding problem. 

Oh, please. You don't have to address me as royalty. I'm just common folk doing what I can to inform and amuse. Besides the position of King has already been filled by one much worthier than I.

For the record, I do agree with almost everything the Santos Team does. I guess great minds just think alike.

My analysis leaves much to be desired by whom? You? Your desires are of no concern nor any consequence to me. Haven't you gotten it yet? You can read my posts, or not; you can agree, or not; you can reply, or not. I don't post to satisfy you. I do it for me! And I am loving it!

Why, oh why, does every single post, no matter what the subject, have to turn into an adversarial retort regarding the flooding? Try to process this: I don't have to go to King Street when it rains to believe there is a problem. I fully trust the residents' presentation of the facts and I, along with everyone else in town, sympathize with their plight. NOBODY is happy or even content with that situation. Follow me so far? Everyone is on the same side of this issue. That's the easy part. Finding a solution that would not bankrupt the Town has proven more difficult. I'm sure that we all (including the Mayor & Council) hope they're on the right track.

Guest Ivy st

As for being a political commentator/analyst, as mentioned in another post, you leave much to be desired.  That is, unless we are supposed to believe that everything the Santos team does is right.  Can they always be correct on every issue?

I agree take a spin right to my neighbors homes that flood with raw sewage. This issue Santos and the yes girls will not win on. They did nothing to help my neighbors.So spin right down to King St. Ivy St., or Schulyer Ave. when it floods out.Want the TRUTH ask my neighbors.

Guest Guest

Keep electing them!!!! :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

This was also worked on by Joe Neglia, Mike's dad. It's too bad it has cost all this money. I don't think they did the KHS field. The town should have bought those homes, it wouldhave been less than what it has cost, and no one will ever buy them again.

Guest king st.
This was also worked on by Joe Neglia, Mike's dad. It's too bad it has cost all this money.  I don't think they did the KHS field.  The town should have bought those homes, it wouldhave been less than what it has cost, and no one will ever buy them again.

The 10 million dollars you are referring to has nothing to do with the flooding on King St.This 10 million dollars will be used for sewer separations at Tappan Washinton,Marshall St.etc. King St. is getting a pump station. Again my question is who suggested the pump station???? And why did it take 5 years?? Two good questions that should be answered.

Guest Guest
Oh, please. You don't have to address me as royalty. I'm just common folk doing what I can to inform and amuse. Besides the position of King has already been filled by one much worthier than I.

For the record, I do agree with almost everything the Santos Team does. I guess great minds just think alike.

My analysis leaves much to be desired by whom? You? Your desires are of no concern nor any consequence to me. Haven't you gotten it yet? You can read my posts, or not; you can agree, or not; you can reply, or not. I don't post to satisfy you. I do it for me! And I am loving it!

Why, oh why, does every single post, no matter what the subject, have to turn into an adversarial retort regarding the flooding? Try to process this: I don't have to go to King Street when it rains to believe there is a problem. I fully trust the residents' presentation of the facts and I, along with everyone else in town, sympathize with their plight. NOBODY is happy or even content with that situation. Follow me so far? Everyone is on the same side of this issue. That's the easy part. Finding a solution that would not bankrupt the Town has proven more difficult. I'm sure that we all (including the Mayor & Council) hope they're on the right track.

Inform us! Maybe if you were even slightly objective.

Great minds! That's a good one! Really, I love it!

Posting for self-satisfaction! That's really funny. Are you using both hands?

Why psot about the flooding problem? I guess this is just one of many situations where people are not so satisfied with the Santosian reponse. I doubt that "hoping they're on the right track" will fix the problem.

Guest Guest
Excellent.  I love your posts, biased but very entertaining.

Biased? Ya, think?!?! How about a total lack of any objectivity.

As for entertaining, I do like to watch him/her licking the boots of the Santos team.

Archived