Jim Mangin run again

Guest guest

Guest Guest
Oh, thanks for reminding me! Next week's lecture topic is, "Highly intelligent, creative over-achievers with narcissistic tendencies." Hmm, why does that sound so damned familiar?

Life is super. Or should I say Super, as in Super Santos? (For at least the next four years, baby!)

Are you taking it, or giving it? Seriously, you sound way too young to be a professor. P.S. Highly intelligent, creative over achievers lead; Those who can do, those who can't post on here.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Super Believer
Oh, thanks for reminding me! Next week's lecture topic is, "Highly intelligent, creative over-achievers with narcissistic tendencies." Hmm, why does that sound so damned familiar?

Life is super. Or should I say Super, as in Super Santos? (For at least the next four years, baby!)

I cannot say that I always agree with you, but your postings never disappoint me. You always get to the heart of the matter with a little humor thrown in. Keep it up. Thanks.

Don't you know it's not nice (and in some cases it's illegal) to accuse someone of lying when you can't substantiate it? Exactly when and how did the Mayor and Council members lie to the residents concerning the flooding problem?

I go to most of the meetings regarding these issues and I'll tell what I learned first hand--not from your neighbor's cousin's husband's best friend's aunt who works with someone who used to live on King Street.

The Mayor, Council, Town Attorney, Town Engineer and all consultants and agencies involved agree that the ultimate solution is the complete separation of storm and waste water sewers coupled with upgrading of the associated infrastructure; and that is occurring slowly, expensively, painstakingly but persistently, in stages all over Kearny. Although King Street might not yet have been included in the separation process, it would stand to reason that any work of this nature done to the West and North of King, would benefit the residents in that area. That's what was discussed and that's what is being done. I would guess that for obvious geographic and topographic reasons, King and the other streets in the lowest portion of Kearny will be done last. Deception?

When it seemed plausible that a dedicated pump station might help, the Town set about its design and implementation. No deception there.

I don't mean to sound callous, because I really do sympathize with the effected residents, but where do you rationalize that the Town would get the millions of dollars to do what really needs to be done on King, if they were to do it right now? You guys would be the first ones screaming if this money had to be raised in total or even in part by a tax increase.

Don't you think that Santos & Co. would rather not have to deal with this problem? Did it ever occur to you that if the solution was fast and cost-effective, it would have been over and done with? Wake up! No one in elected office purposely tries to antagonize his/her constituents, but for some problems there are just no easy answers.

So the residents in the King St, Schuyler Avenue section should be content that streets like Hoyt or Tappan are getting done, but not theirs? And they should be happy because at least they will see some relief?

Just what is 'some' relief? Does that mean that instead of two pieces of feces, they'll only get one? Does it mean that they will no longer get used condoms, but will still get used tampons? Do you really believe that they will be content with "some" relief? I don't.

Jim Mangin

ps - My apologies to all for being so graphic. But if you had trouble reading this, can you imagine those that are living it?!

Guest A. Realist
So the residents in the King St, Schuyler Avenue section should be content that streets like Hoyt or Tappan are getting done, but not theirs? And they should be happy because at least they will see some relief?

Just what is 'some' relief? Does that mean that instead of two pieces of feces, they'll only get one? Does it mean that they will no longer get used condoms, but will still get used tampons? Do you really believe that they will be content with "some" relief? I don't.

Jim Mangin

ps - My apologies to all for being so graphic. But if you had trouble reading this, can you imagine those that are living it?!

Jimbo,

Wait, hold on while I compose myself. For a moment there I was just overcome by your altruism and your unselfish nobility. (To say nothing of the white steed you rode in on.)

Trouble is, I don't believe a word you say nor do I trust your motives. Eventually even the King Street residents will come to the realization that they are but pawns to your ambition, a vehicle for your political aspirations.

Truth is, your loss to Santos was so stinging, it appears that revenge has become the driving force behind just about everything you do publicly. Not healthy, JM, not healthy at all!

Guest Linda Richman
Jimbo,

Wait, hold on while I compose myself. For a moment there I was just overcome by your altruism and your unselfish nobility. (To say nothing of the white steed you rode in on.)

Trouble is, I don't believe a word you say nor do I trust your motives. Eventually even the King Street residents will come to the realization that they are but pawns to your ambition, a vehicle for your political aspirations.

Truth is, your loss to Santos was so stinging, it appears that revenge has become the driving force behind just about everything you do publicly. Not healthy, JM, not healthy at all!

I, too, was fachklempt. I cried right into my mawning cawfee. Not!

Guest ivy st.
Jimbo,

Sorry to upset you but Mr. Mangin is telling people the REAL TRUTH.

do you think this is a joke? if so your sick.

B):angry: to all of you stupid stupid people! JIM IS RIGHT ! THIS IS IMPORTANT TO YOU ! IT DOES NOT MATTER ABOUT HIS FUTURE! THIS IS ABOUT YOURS!!!! NOT MINE NOT SANTOS! YOURS! WAKE UP ! WAKE UP! VERN WARE THE HELL ARE YOU! TELL THEASE DUMMYS TO WAKE UP ! THE OLD MAYORS HID IT SO SOME OTHER FOOL WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!THE COST? NOW YOU NEED THE FEDS IT IS WAY WAY TO HIGH FOR YOU TO DO ALONE! :angry::blink::blink:

Guest ivy st.

Wise up! Of course I don't think the flooding problem is a joke, but I do think Mangin's phoniness is a joke!!!!!!

[/quote You are right that the flooding is no joke. But what Mr. Mangin is stating is the TRUTH. As you will see from reading my posts I live down the street from this problem. My neighbors are the people who get the RAW SEWAGE . Lets put this way if you do not beleive Mr.MANGIN THEN GO ASK THE RESIDENTS WHO ARE LIVING WITH THIS PROBLEM. My neighbors have nothing to hide. Barbara Sherry thinks this governing body is caring.I ask how ? When my neighbors being living with raw sewage for years...The Town has never pumped them out once.Again if you want to know the TRUTH ASK THE RESIDENTS on King St. and Schulyer Ave.

Guest Guest

Hey Linda Richman! How much were you paid and by whom to say that? Oh it's all right if you prefer not to let on who put you up to it... let's just say that you too are a follower rather than a leader like Mr Mangin! And for you, that's reason enough to for you to be feeling so LOW! B)

Wise up!  Of course I don't think the flooding problem is a joke, but I do think Mangin's phoniness is a joke!!!!!!

Guest A. Realist
HONEST JIM MANGIN FOR MAYOR

Does anyone else find it ironic that the Third Ward voters were unhappy enough with Mangin to replace him with a relative newcomer? Could it be, as one of his former constituents told me, that Jimbo was too busy chasing the headline issues and bunking heads with you-know-who to address the everday issues --like driveways, tree replacements, etc.? I guess those types of things don't get your name in the newspapers.

In the "I told you so" category: Back in January when you guys were spouting that JM was Senator Sacco's fair-haired boy, I reminded you that the Senator had enough political experience not to associate himself with losers. You scoffed saying that "...he (Sacco) never forgets his friends." Well, I got the word from the Santos & Co. fundraiser that the first arrival, the last departee, the gushing guest speaker (and sponsor of the bill that will give Santos a four year term) was none other than--you guessed it---Senator Nick Sacco.

Sometimes I frighten even myself!

Guest Loki

Just remember . . . . ." politics make strange bedfellows."

Santos and Sacco are both smart enough to enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship. Beyond that, what's your point? I know Santos tried to screw him once, guest speaker or not, I'm sure that hasn't been forgotten.

you are but a rank amateur, and yet, portray yourself as some sort of political savant. YAWN!!!!

Guest A. Realist
Just remember . . . . ." politics make strange bedfellows."

Santos and Sacco are both smart enough to enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship.  Beyond that, what's your point?  I know Santos tried to screw him once, guest speaker or not, I'm sure that hasn't been forgotten.

you are but a rank amateur, and yet, portray yourself as some sort of political savant.  YAWN!!!!

Thank you. That was my point exactly. All that nonsense about JM being in favor, was just that--nonsense. Like me, the Senator is a pragmatist--a realist, if you will. For all of his sacrosanctity, he knows (and acknowledges) a winner when he sees one.

Savant? Very admirable semasiological attempt. I'm proud of you; but I have never attempted to pass myself off as anything but a very interested and interesting observer/commentator of the political scene.

Now you just stifle that fake yawn and don't feign disinterest. You know damn well you eagerly await my posts. C'mon, tell the truth!

Guest Guest
Thank you. That was my point exactly. All that nonsense about JM being in favor, was just that--nonsense. Like me, the Senator is a pragmatist--a realist, if you will. For all of his sacrosanctity, he knows (and acknowledges) a winner when he sees one.

Savant? Very admirable semasiological attempt. I'm proud of you; but I have never attempted to pass myself off as anything but a very interested and interesting observer/commentator of the political scene.

Now you just stifle that fake yawn and don't feign disinterest. You know damn well you eagerly await my posts. C'mon, tell the truth!

A winner? Beyond Kearny? Prove it!

Guest Loki

My other point is that Santos-Sacco is CURRENTLY beneficial to both, when or if that relationship is no longer politically expedient, it will end.

Rest assured they are using each other, neither is right, or wrong.

Guest A. Realist
A winner? Beyond Kearny? Prove it!

Patience, my friend, patience. Proof will present itself in good time. In the meantime, Kearny is the fortunate beneficiary of the King's considerable talents.

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Guest Guest
Patience, my friend, patience. Proof will present itself in good time. In the meantime, Kearny is the fortunate beneficiary of the King's considerable talents.

LONG LIVE THE KING!

I'll be waiting.

Guest Guest
Does anyone else find it ironic that the Third Ward voters were unhappy enough with Mangin to replace him with a relative newcomer? Could it be, as one of his former constituents told me, that Jimbo was too busy chasing the headline issues and bunking heads with you-know-who to address the everday issues --like driveways, tree replacements, etc.? I guess those types of things don't get your name in the newspapers.

In the "I told you so" category: Back in January when you guys were spouting that JM was Senator Sacco's fair-haired boy, I reminded you that the Senator had enough political experience not to associate himself with losers. You scoffed saying that "...he (Sacco) never forgets his friends." Well, I got the word from the Santos & Co. fundraiser that the first arrival, the last departee, the gushing guest speaker (and sponsor of the bill that will give Santos a four year term) was none other than--you guessed it---Senator Nick Sacco.

Sometimes I frighten even myself!

Believe me, I too got the word that Santos is a reality that is behaving himself. And by the way, the 4 year terms were for the benefit of some others that are politically important friends, Kearny was just an add on. Just thought you should know.

Wise up!  Of course I don't think the flooding problem is a joke, but I do think Mangin's phoniness is a joke!!!!!!

Phoniness? I post under my own real name. I state my position and back it up with facts. I even quote newspaper articles and cite the sources. You, on the other hand, post under a ficticious name. Yet, you accuse me of phoniness? C'mon. You can do better than that.

Jim Mangin

Jimbo,

You really need to get a new "comeback" line. I've stated my "political apsirations" in another post. I'm not running, remember? You say you attend a lot of meetings and that's where you get your information. Well, do you remember about a year ago when the King St. / Schuyler Avenue residents drafted a letter to the editor in the Observer that was critical of Mayor Santos and their Town Council representatives? Mayor Santos and Councilwomen Sherry and Pettigrew answered that letter with their own, stating that the residents were perhaps, motivated by politics.

At the next Town Council meeting Mrs. DeRay went to the microphone and said the residents were not motivated by politics. She then help up a used tampon she had fished out of her basement and declared "This is what motivates us."

Seriously, come up with a new counter-arguement. This one was blown out of the water at that Council meeting.

Jim Mangin

Guest A. Realist
You really need to get a new "comeback" line. I've stated my "political apsirations" in another post. I'm not running, remember?

Jim Mangin

Jimbo,

Let's get real. You're always running!

Guest Linda Richman
Phoniness? I post under my own real name. I state my position and back it up with facts. I even quote newspaper articles and cite the sources. You, on the other hand, post under a ficticious name. Yet, you accuse me of phoniness? C'mon. You can do better than that.

Jim Mangin

How do you know that I don't post under my real name, sometimes? Just like you.

Guest ivy st.
Jimbo,

Let's get real. You're always running!

Mr. Mangin has posted true information regarding the flooding. My neighbors are still living with this nightmare of raw sewage. You can praise Santos all you want. But on this issue Mr. Mangin is only stating the TRUTH. Bottom line is Santos and his team did NOTHING to help my neighbors.LET THE TRUE FACTS BE TOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Archived