What happened to Harrison?

Guest Disgusted Resident

Guest Disgusted Resident

I have lived in Harrison for 30 years now. Boy, has this town changed.

I remember how quiet our town was. Now, its a little out of control.

And I am not talking about the traffic either. The police have been more on my street then they do directing traffic. Apparently, they are being constantly called to a house where a bunch of teenagers go and hang out. The teenagers are underage drinking and doing some drugs. These teenagers also have the tendency to go to my neighbors yard and "hangout" on their property. Well, the teenagers single parent works all day. The parent had to pay a fine. Well, as a concerned resident, I came to find out that the "owner" of the building doesn't even reside there. I think that these landlords who don't live on the property should be a little more responsible for what goes on in their building. Unfortunately, the landlords just want to collect the "BIG RENT" because as a homeowner in Harrison, we all know that property tax is out of control.

Landlords, who don't reside in town, should be responsible for what goes on their building. Harrison has gotten overcrowded. I have lived here for a long time and its a shame that the thought of moving has come across my mind. The only thing that is keeping me here is the fact that my family lives here. Now I understand why this town had such a drastic change. All I have to say is, Harrison police sure are going to have their hands full this summer.

Guest Guest

Lock em all up! No matter who their parents are. Maybe that will be a lesson to them. HPD are not all from Harrison like in the past. Times are a changing!

Guest Guest
I have lived in Harrison for 30 years now.  Boy, has this town changed.

I remember how quiet our town was.  Now, its a little out of control.

And I am not talking about the traffic either.  The police have been more on my street then they do directing traffic.  Apparently, they are being constantly called to a house where a bunch of teenagers go and hang out.  The teenagers are underage drinking and doing some drugs. These teenagers also have the tendency to go to my neighbors yard and "hangout" on their property. Well, the teenagers single parent works all day.  The parent had to pay a fine.  Well, as a concerned resident, I came to find out that the "owner" of the building doesn't even reside there.  I think that these landlords who don't live on the property should be a little more responsible for what goes on in their building.  Unfortunately, the landlords just want to collect the "BIG RENT" because as a homeowner in Harrison, we all know that property tax is out of control. 

Landlords, who don't reside in town, should be responsible for what goes on their building.  Harrison has gotten overcrowded.  I have lived here for a long time and its a shame that the thought of moving has come across my mind.  The only thing that is keeping me here is the fact that my family lives here.  Now I understand why this town had such a drastic change.  All I have to say is, Harrison police sure are going to have their hands full this summer.

well why don't you call the police when you see something going on instead of writing this stupid article. take action by calling when you see something that does not look right. The police will come if you call they always do.

Guest Harrison no more!
well why don't you call the police when you see something going on instead of writing this stupid article.  take action by calling when you see something that does not look right. The police will come if you call they always do.

What's wrong with Harrison, you ask. Frank Rodgers died now you have nepotism,corruption,cronyism. That's what happened!

Guest Guest

can't wait for the cameras to be installed in the gardens. Now they can see all the drug activities going on with all the shit that are staying with tenants down here but don't belong here. There's one family who's daughter moved right in with her mother so she can get an apartment . She heavy into drugs. And dyfs has been involved. But this is what they do. Move in with someone and say they are homeless so they can get an apartment. She had an apartment and welfare was paying her rent. But she wants the gardens. Please keep her and the rest of the dg users out. Let's tried and get the gardens back to what is used to be. There are alot of good families in here. Keep the junkies out. Please do not put any more drug users in apartments. thank you for listening

Guest Disgusted resident
well why don't you call the police when you see something going on instead of writing this stupid article.  take action by calling when you see something that does not look right. The police will come if you call they always do.

Where in my article does it say that I either call the police or I don't? The fact is not if I call the police, but to get outside residents who own homes in town to be aware of what goes in their building. And as for the police showing up, they always do. So next time when you read an article, maybe you should read it more then once so that your comprehension skills could focus.

Guest Guest
Where in my article does it say that I either call the police or I don't?  The fact is not if I call the police, but to get outside residents who own homes in town to be aware of what goes in their building.  And as for the police showing up, they always do. So next time when you read an article, maybe you should read it more then once so that your comprehension skills could focus.

In days of old when there was an incident involving police, the landlord

was sent a copy of the police report, don't they still do that? This way

the landlord is aware of what is going on in his rented home.

Guest Absentee Landlord
Where in my article does it say that I either call the police or I don't?  The fact is not if I call the police, but to get outside residents who own homes in town to be aware of what goes in their building.  And as for the police showing up, they always do. So next time when you read an article, maybe you should read it more then once so that your comprehension skills could focus.

You're focusing on the wrong people. As an absentee landlord I cannot go into a tenants apartment without permission. Would you expect me to baby-sit their children, or make sure they're home before dark ? The problem is with the PARENTS. It's up to the PARENTS to discipline their children, to know what they're doing, who they're hanging out with, to be respectful, honest, and all the other things that we want our children to be. I can understand your frustration over children that are out of control, but don't expect a landlord to be a nanny too.

Guest Guest

Just wait McDonough is going to add another 10,000 residents. Looks like the place will be the next Union City not Hoboken. Keep voting the freaks in office, how much more can the town go down the toilet until the voters strike back.

Guest Former Town Resident
Just wait McDonough is going to add another 10,000 residents. Looks like the place will be the next Union City not Hoboken. Keep voting the freaks in office, how much more can the town go down the toilet until the voters strike back.

Why in the world would the mayor and council want to add more homes to the already heavily congested Town of Harrison. In place of the homes, why not create parks, playing fields for the kids, a little green open space for everyone to enjoy. It's already a proven fact that adding multiple family homes to a municipality does not improve the overall bottom line. The property taxes brought in are more than offset by increased need for municipal services; police, fire, sanitation, health, welfare, etc., etc. Apparently the town leaders are not concerned with the quality of life issues that more housing units bring; increased traffic (is that possible ?? ),more parking woes (is that possible ?? ), more crowding in schools = more need for additional classrooms, teachers = HIGHER TAXES. Surely your elected officials understand these issues, why then would they want to cram more homes into this little square mile ?? The residents of Harrison should unite, go to the council meetings and demand a moratorium on any more housing developments. You have the power of the vote, USE IT.

Guest Guest
What's wrong with Harrison, you ask. Frank Rodgers died now you have nepotism,corruption,cronyism. That's what happened!

Yeah, none of that stuff existed when Frank was around. What a horses ass you are!!! ;):(

Guest Guest
Yeah, none of that stuff existed when Frank was around.  What a horses ass you are!!! ;)  :(

When Frank was around you knew who was in charge.He never promised something he couldn't Deliver.He always said" I'll get back to you" Until his last 5or 6 six years ,He was absolutely in charge .He started to slip a little at the end.He had a little sign on his desk that said "the buck stops here' It did and he was accountable.He took care of people but they were expected to do their jobs.

He wasn't perfect but he set a standard that no one has reached yet.Time marches on.

Guest Former Town Resident
Yeah, none of that stuff existed when Frank was around.  What a horses ass you are!!! ;)  :(

I knew Frank Rodgers, apparently you didn't. If you associate his name with corruption, it only shows your ignorance.

Guest Guest

I think many people still don't realize that Frank E. is a major reason why this town is in the shape it's in. Yes current admin has done nothing to improve but this didn't happen overnite. Let's talk about Frank E. (And as always with this board to those that hint any backing to current admin as being "connected", no I don't support current admin and don't have a town job. I'm just saying they are all not to blame but yes part of the problem, and are not the answer.)

Guest Guest
I think many people still don't realize that Frank E. is a major reason why this town is in the shape it's in. Yes current admin has done nothing to improve but this didn't happen overnite. Let's talk about Frank E. (And as always with this board to those that hint any backing to current admin as being "connected", no I don't support current admin and don't have a town job. I'm just saying they are all not to blame but yes part of the problem, and are not the answer.)

Connected! There are no wiseguys in Harrison.

Guest Guest
I knew Frank Rodgers, apparently you didn't. If you associate his name with corruption, it only shows your ignorance.

What the hell was so great about Harrison when Frank Rodgers was around? Do you think that Harrison's current situation is something that just came about over the last several years? It was many years in the making, most of it on Frank Rodgers watch. Now you've shown your ignorance. Or does your loyalty come because Frank did some favors for you?

Guest Guest

To the Guest that replied to waiting for cameras in the Gardens, Well they have been installed!! Hopefully It will make things change there now. Because God knows We need to get these Lowlifes Out of there!!! And with the Help of Mike Rodgers,It will HAPPEN!!! Here's to all the trash. :blink: (Smile Your On Gardens CAMERA)!! Can't get Away with anything NOW!!!

Guest Harrison forever

In some ways you're right.If it wasn't for Frank Rodgers 280 would have gone right down Hamilton Steet ground level and split this town in half .That was the original plan.He fought it for fifteen years,made them change its direction and elevate it.The stadium they are now tearing down would not have existed at least not when it was constucted.Harrison High School was state of the art ,hopefully the new school will be the same quality.No Warner theatre ,no skating rinkWhat happened to things like the P.A.L. for kids.Hudson County al least knew where Harrison was.He never hired the one guy everyone bitches about on this thing.

Frank was a lot of things to a lot of people, corrupt was not one of them.Mayor Mc Donough is a decent man.Unfortunately he put a man in a supervisory position who Frank was afraid to hire because of the wise guy connection.Hope it doesn't bite Mc Donough in the ass.

Guest Harrison Resident
In some ways you're right.If it wasn't for Frank Rodgers 280 would have gone right down Hamilton Steet ground level and split this town in half .That was the original plan.He fought it for fifteen years,made them change its direction and elevate it.The stadium they are now tearing down would not have existed at least not when it was constucted.Harrison High School was state of the art ,hopefully the new school will be the same quality.No Warner theatre ,no skating rinkWhat happened to things like the P.A.L. for kids.Hudson County al least knew where Harrison was.He never hired the one guy everyone bitches about on this thing.

Frank was a lot of things to a lot of people, corrupt was not one of them.Mayor Mc Donough is a decent man.Unfortunately he put a man in a supervisory position who Frank was afraid to hire because of the wise guy connection.Hope it doesn't bite Mc Donough in the ass.

I would love to know what this "connected guy" qualifications are. Does he have a college degree ?? Any technical expertise in the field ??

Guest Guest

STOP HATEN ON THE GARDENS IIMMA TEENAGER AND THIS SO CALLED DRUG DEALING GOIN ON IS UNHEARD OFF>>YOU PEOPLE MAKE UP SUCH BULLSHIT I BET 90% OF THE PEOPLE THAT BULLSHIT ON THIS SITE DO COKE WHO DONT LIVE IN THE GARDENS..AND YOUR TALKIN

Guest Guest

Hey Loser, I'm gonna keep writing about the gardens because I;m one of the tenants down here and you are probably a drug addict. So get the hell out ith all your drug addicts scum bags, so us good descent tenants can enjoy living here and not have to worry about all the shit that we have to see.

Guest Guest

To the Guest That Replied to the Loser.... You are so right as to what you Posted!! This one is in regards to the (Garden Rats) They Really Should be called the Pack Rats!! Because They Pack 2 & 3 Familys in 1 Little Apartment And Live Like A BUNCH Of Rats In A LITTLE NEST!!! Oh, Just how Lovely These LOWLIFES ARE IN THE GARDENS!!! They All need to Be Thrown To The Wolves!!! Never Really Thought the Gardens was that BAD!!! But I sure do see What Trash Really Is In There!!! Management Is The Cause Of This Big Problem In The Gardens!!! And That Is Really What Needs To Go To Make Changes (Change Makes Good!!!) These Fools Think THEY WILL BE OUT THERE PLAYING Late Night Basketball!!! Doubt VERY MUCH THAT IS FOR SURE!!! I don't Live there But AM All FOR GETTING THESE LOWLIFES !!!!! OUT !!!! IT WILL HAPPEN REAL SOON WHEN NEW MANAGEMENT TAKES OVER REAL SOON!!! So To YOu GUEST I Am WITH YOU ON THIS I WILL BACK YOU 100%. ON ANY Stupid Replies!!!! My Heart Goes OUT TO The LITTLE Children In The Gardens Whose Parents Are Trying To Raise Their Kids The RIGHT WAY,BUT WITH LOWLIFES!!! IN THERE THESE LITTLE CHILDREN ARE GOING TO BE THE ONES TO SUFFER,WE NEED TO GET THE TRASH OUT NOW!!!!!

Guest GARDEN RATS

YOUR A TENANT AND YOUR CALLIN ME A LOSER...I COULD TELL YOU MADE SOME WISE CAREER MOVES...IM PRETTY SURE YOUR ON WELL FAIR TOO..YA BUM...AND WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU SEE...I TELL YOU WAT I SEE, SOME LOW LIFEPEAKIN THROUGH THEIR BLINDS TO AFRAID TO COME OUT TO THE REAL WORLD INSTEAD ON JERKIN YOUR GERKIN ON THE COMP. ALL DAY...GET A JOB

GARDEN RATS

Guest Guest

I have a job. And a husband and raised descent kids down here and there nothing wrong with that. It's scum like you who go in and out of jail and when you get out it's back staying with a piece of shit down here where you don't belong. Living like the rats.

Archived