barking dogs

Guest guest

Guest guest

How many people out there have a problem with their neighbors allowing their dogs to bark for hours at a time. This is a real problem in my neighborhood, and it is one home where the people just dont care about their neighbors. These people have 3 dogs and allow them to bark to the point where no one can sit in the yards, have a quite dinner, or allow the kids to play in the yard. When you get a dog your whole neighborhood now has to put up with it. If your dog barks let it go to the bathroom and then bring it in. Every Sunday morning we get awoken at 6:30 am by our barking dogs next door. I called the board of health and they told me the dogs have to bark for more than 2 hours at a time before a summons can be issued. I guess my neighbors know the rules too because the let them bark for about 1 1/2 hours and then bring them in. This happens 5 times a day for a total of 6 1/2 hours of annoying barking dogs. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems

How many people out there have a problem with their neighbors allowing their dogs to bark for hours at a time. This is a real problem in my neighborhood, and it is one home where the people just dont care about their neighbors. These people have 3 dogs and allow them to bark to the point where no one can sit in the yards, have a quite dinner, or allow the kids to play in the yard. When you get a dog your whole neighborhood now has to put up with it. If your dog barks let it go to the bathroom and then bring it in. Every Sunday morning we get awoken at 6:30 am by our barking dogs next door. I called the board of health and they told me the dogs have to bark for more than 2 hours at a time before a summons can be issued. I guess my neighbors know the rules too because the let them bark for about 1 1/2 hours and then bring them in. This happens 5 times a day for a total of 6 1/2 hours of annoying barking dogs. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems

:ph34r:B)B)B) peanut butter balls! make some about the size of a hand ball and feed it to them when they bark! it will" keep them happy for a long time! or a water gun full of ammonia" 1 or 2 shots when they bark and quiet!!!! it works too! ~carpe diem~

Guest Guest

If your neighbors really arent' paying attention, as you say, walk over to their yard and open the gate, or get a good pair of bolt cutters and cut the chain. The dogs will run away from their horrible uncaring masters and you will have 3 less barking dogs on your hands. Also, you could look at some of these sonic anti-barking gadgets. Supposedly, you can mount them on the side of your house or anywhere nearby, and they will stop the barking.

Or, if you're the fearless type, get a good solid stick and have a good whack once in a while when no one is looking.

Guest guest
If your neighbors really arent' paying attention, as you say, walk over to their yard and open the gate, or get a good pair of bolt cutters and cut the chain.  The dogs will run away from their horrible uncaring masters and you will have 3 less barking dogs on your hands.  Also, you could look at some of these sonic anti-barking gadgets.  Supposedly, you can mount them on the side of your house or anywhere nearby, and they will stop the barking.

Or, if you're the fearless type, get a good solid stick and have a good whack once in a while when no one is looking.

What you are suggesting is a criminal offence. So here is another offence, sign your name and I will sign mine! Then we should meet and discuss what you want to do to a animal. Lets just see if you want to try and hit me with a stick!

You should voice your concerns to your neighbors if the dogs are making too much noise! I am sure they will make every attempt to accommodate you!

Guest animal lover
If your neighbors really arent' paying attention, as you say, walk over to their yard and open the gate, or get a good pair of bolt cutters and cut the chain.  The dogs will run away from their horrible uncaring masters and you will have 3 less barking dogs on your hands.  Also, you could look at some of these sonic anti-barking gadgets.  Supposedly, you can mount them on the side of your house or anywhere nearby, and they will stop the barking.

:ph34r: If I knew who you were I WOULD TURN YOU INTO THE ASPCA. My dog is lpart of my family. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE FOR SOMEONE TO HIT YOUR KID!!!!!!!Are you some kind of sick nut suggesting the person to let the dogs out or hit them.. Idiot get off this site.

Guest Guest
:ph34r: If I knew who you were I WOULD TURN YOU INTO THE ASPCA. My dog is lpart of my family. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE FOR SOMEONE TO HIT YOUR KID!!!!!!!Are you some kind of sick nut suggesting the person to let the dogs out or hit them.. Idiot get off this site.

I agree I started the topic and the dogs are not at fault its the owners, and I would never hurt the dogs no matter how much they bark. The owners of these dogs never walk them they just throw them in the yard and spend no time with them. People should not get animals if they have no intention to truley care for them. I have tried talking to the owners who basically dont care that their dogs are annoying others. Does anyone have any real suggestions?

Guest Animal Lover
I agree I started the topic and the dogs are not at fault its the owners, and I would never hurt the dogs no matter how much they bark. The owners of these dogs never walk them they just throw them in the yard and spend no time with them. People should not get animals if they have no intention to truley care for them. I have tried talking to the owners who basically dont care that their dogs are annoying others. Does anyone have any real suggestions?

Contact the Humane Society in Newark and they will send someone over if there is no shelter,water or food. I also noticed devices to buy to stop the barking. As for me I love when my dogs and my neighbors dogs bark . Since many homes were robbed....

:ph34r:

B)B)B) hey i was NOT kidding! it does work! and the dog learns! it does not hurt them! . they just get pissed off some " ~ carpe diem~

Guest guest
:ph34r:

:huh:  :huh:  :huh: hey i was NOT kidding! it does work! and the dog learns! it does not hurt them! . they just get pissed off some "    ~ carpe diem~

what about annoying kids yelling ? should I CALL THE RUG RAT SQUAD? LEAVE THE DOGS ALONE SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE BARKING MAYBE SOMEDAY IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE................

what about annoying kids yelling ? should I CALL THE RUG RAT SQUAD? LEAVE THE DOGS ALONE SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE BARKING MAYBE SOMEDAY IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE................

:ph34r::huh::huh: what ever! there not bothering me! ~----------~

Guest shut_up_already

The kids are bad, but at least they curse & scream & then go on their merry way, there's no getting rid of all the dogs. We've had dogs barking constantly around here for years & nothing ever gets done. Other neighbors have taken the owners of some to court but nothing ever comes of it. But why should we be surprised? This is Kearny, after all.

Speaking of annoying noises, what about the a$$holes who blast the music in their cars so loudly things start to vibrate when they drive by?

Let's face it: anyone looking for a nice, quiet place to live should look elsewhere.

The kids are bad, but at least they curse & scream & then go on their merry way, there's no getting rid of all the dogs.  We've had dogs barking constantly around here for years & nothing ever gets done.  Other neighbors have taken the owners of some to court but nothing ever comes of it.  But why should we be surprised?  This is Kearny, after all.

Speaking of annoying noises, what about the a$$holes who blast the music in their cars so loudly things start to vibrate when they drive by?

Let's face it: anyone looking for a nice, quiet place to live should look elsewhere.

:ph34r::ph34r::o:o OH NO here they go! FLA here they come!! please please stay up there !!!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::blink:

Why do you automatically assume everyone & their mother wants to move to Florida?  Besides all the seniors, there's hardly been a major population shift from Kearny directly to you.

;) you are right! kearny to brick then FLA! SORRY! ~----~ :(:blink::blink::o

Guest animal lover
;)  :(  :blink:  :blink: peanut butter balls! make some about the size of a hand ball and feed it to them when they bark! it will" keep them happy for a long time! or a water gun full of ammonia" 1 or 2 shots when they bark and quiet!!!! it works too!  ~carpe diem~

If I had your address I would call the ASPCA on you for telling people they should resort to animal abuse. AMMONIA CAN BLIND THE ANIMAL AND MAKE IT SICK . You should not bo able to post .

If I had your address I would call the ASPCA  on you for telling people they should resort to animal abuse. AMMONIA CAN BLIND THE ANIMAL AND MAKE IT SICK . You should not bo able to post .

;) hey i did NOT say hose it down !1 squrt thats all the smell will shut them up" be happy your not down here" they shoot the dogs here! im the good guy! ~---~

Guest animal lover
;) hey i did NOT say hose it down !1 squrt thats all the smell will shut them up" be happy your not down here" they shoot the dogs here!  im the good guy! ~---~

I AND MANY OTHERS WOULD LIKE YOU OFF THIS SITE. First 1 squirt of a chemical could effect a animals eyesight. You should not be on this site telling people what forms of animal cruelty they can perform.... ITS ILLEGAL to shot a dog. I want all animal lovers to report this old fart for TELLING PEOPLE to perform ANIMAL ABUSE.

I AND MANY OTHERS WOULD LIKE YOU OFF THIS SITE. First 1 squirt of a chemical could effect a animals eyesight. You should not be on this site telling people what forms of animal cruelty they can perform.... ITS ILLEGAL to shot a dog. I want all animal lovers to report this old fart for TELLING PEOPLE to perform ANIMAL ABUSE.

;):( p butter is good for dogs! how about the guy that said hit it with a stick ?you are over the top ! look out at the dumps all the dogs dumped and sick go take care of them and stop worrying about littel b/s! you are a wast of time! :blink::blink::o

:blink:

:blink: um did you read the rest?i do not think so! go back off in your own jack yard! ;):(

Guest Guest

If the stick, ammonium, gadgets, open fence, and peanut butter balls don't work just give a swift kick to the balls. How's that Animal Lover?!

Guest Guest
:blink:

:blink: um did you read the rest?i do not think so!  go back off in your own jack yard! ;)  :(

Compressed Sponge in little balls of chop meat after enough of these the dog will need a drink and the sponges swell up to the point the dogs belly swells till it drags the ground and the owner has to take it to a vet to get them out of the dog bet they stop leaving the dogs out after that vet bill !

I have not edited the last two posts because I believe that the posters don't really expect anyone to do what they say but are only expressing their frustration with having dog owners who apparently care very little about their dogs. However, these suggestions have come very close to crossing the line. Please remember that not everyone has a sense of humor and that dogs and cats to many are family (and rightfully so) and despite the fact the I try not to edit posts (or delete) them, I have will when necessary exercise the power of the Edit button and on occasion the Delete button.

Guest animal lover
I have not edited the last two posts because I believe that the posters don't really expect anyone to do what they say but are only expressing their frustration with having dog owners who apparently care very little about their dogs.  However, these suggestions have come very close to crossing the line.  Please remember that not everyone has a sense of humor and that dogs and cats to many are family (and rightfully so) and despite the fact the I try not to edit posts (or delete) them, I have will when necessary exercise the power of the Edit button and on occasion the Delete button.

THANK YOU KOTW for your delete button. I UNDERSTAND someones frustrations with dog owners. But this person has gone too far suggesting many forms of abuse. PLEASE put a END to oldfart56 The person who is writing about ANIMAL ABUSE. ANIMALS HAVE RIGHTS....

Guest animal lover too
I have not edited the last two posts because I believe that the posters don't really expect anyone to do what they say but are only expressing their frustration with having dog owners who apparently care very little about their dogs.  However, these suggestions have come very close to crossing the line.  Please remember that not everyone has a sense of humor and that dogs and cats to many are family (and rightfully so) and despite the fact the I try not to edit posts (or delete) them, I have will when necessary exercise the power of the Edit button and on occasion the Delete button.

I agree this is animal abuse suggesting forms of cruel acts. Contact the ASPCA for laws regarding abuse. AND WHAT THIS PERSON IS WRITING about SHOULD NOT BE allowed....

Archived