WHAT IS THE MONEY FOR ?

Guest MICHAEL HINCHCLIFFE

Guest MICHAEL HINCHCLIFFE

I JUST WANTED TO SHARE SOME MORE SUSPICIOUS INFORMATION THAT I HAVE FOUND WITH THE RESIDENTS OF HARRISON. I HAVE LEARNED THROUGH PUBLIC RECORD THAT MAYOR MCDONOUGH HAS COLLECTED MORE THAN $90,000 IN HIS CURRENT CAMPAIGN FUND. WHY WOULD A SMALL TOWN MAYOR WHO RAN FOR MAYOR ON ONLY ABOUT $3,000 IN 2002 NEED SO MUCH FUNDING.

COULD IT BE THAT THE MAYOR MAY NEED TO MAKE SOME SERIOUS CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS OF HIS OWN TO SAVE HIS POLITICAL CAREER. IT JUST SEEMS TO ME THAT WHEN A MAYOR OF A "DISTRESSED CITY" CAN GET HIS HANDS ON SOME EXTRA MONEY, HE SHOULD USE THAT MONEY TO HELP HIS TOWN. THE RULES GOVERNING CAMPAIGN FINANCE ALLOW MAYOR MCDONOUGH TO DONATE TO RECREATION PROGRAMS AND PAY FOR ALOT OF HIS OWN EXPENSES OF HOLDING OFFICE.

THE MAYOR HAS EXCEPTED CONTRIBUTIONS FROM A VARIETY OF CONTRIBUTERS THAT HAVE GIVEN TO STRENGTHEN THEIR OWN INTERESTS IN HARRISON. THIS RANGES FROM JOBS IN TOWN TO THE BUILDING OF HOMES AND RECEIVING TOWN CONTRACTS.

HOWEVER THE MAYOR CAN COUNT ON ONE THING. NO LONGER WILL THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR BE TOLERATED. THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON HAVE THE RIGHT

(AND NOW THE MEANS) TO KNOW ABOUT THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR. I'LL BE WATCHING.

KOTW Note: I am not sure that the above post was made by Michael Hinchcliffe since Mr. Hinchcliffe has not registered as a member and the poster is using a "Guest" account. If Mr. Hinchcliffe did post the above, I suggest you register as a member to avoid any confusion in the future.

Guest Guest

I hate dirty politics, but I'm glad to see someone stepping up to the plate around here. I think Mayor McDonough is nice man to meet in the street, but nonetheless, he's a politician. All he's done is hand out jobs, yet if you call and ask for something he'll tell you that there is a "hiring freeze". I guess only the chosen few can come out of the cold and enjoy the warmth of a town job. That's ok, though, good for the people who have gotten jobs, but fair is fair and I'm sure that some people were put on ahead of others who deserved it more or were more qualified...God forbid we hire someone with qualifications. Anyway, good for you Mike!

Guest Guest
I hate dirty politics, but I'm glad to see someone stepping up to the plate around here.  I think Mayor McDonough is nice man to meet in the street, but nonetheless, he's a politician.  All he's done is hand out jobs, yet if you call and ask for something he'll tell you that there is a "hiring freeze".  I guess only the chosen few can come out of the cold and enjoy the warmth of a town job.  That's ok, though, good for the people who have gotten jobs, but fair is fair and I'm sure that some people were put on ahead of others who deserved it more or were more qualified...God forbid we hire someone with qualifications.  Anyway, good for you Mike!

Just look inside the town hall, he has hired 3-4 cleaning ladies within the past year. I think there are 10 total ( to clean the town hall) give me a break. That is 10 more VOTES and more health benefits given out. Mayor McCheese stop bankrupting the town and let Hinchy take over.

Guest Guest

This is Pay for Play... That is exactly what it is... Another reason McDonough needs to go.... Just another lying politician. Vote all of them out.....

Guest Guest
I hate dirty politics, but I'm glad to see someone stepping up to the plate around here.  I think Mayor McDonough is nice man to meet in the street, but nonetheless, he's a politician.  All he's done is hand out jobs, yet if you call and ask for something he'll tell you that there is a "hiring freeze".  I guess only the chosen few can come out of the cold and enjoy the warmth of a town job.  That's ok, though, good for the people who have gotten jobs, but fair is fair and I'm sure that some people were put on ahead of others who deserved it more or were more qualified...God forbid we hire someone with qualifications.  Anyway, good for you Mike!

Dont we all ..He even has his hands in the Gardens...I know someone who went to him and was in the gardens in a month...I also know a family that is having tough and should be living in the gardens , they went to him for help and he said he has no control over who gets in the gardens...Now ain't that a crock of sh--........HELP THE PEOPLE THAT REALLY NEED IT NOT JUST WHO YOU KNOW OR WHO YOUR FRIENDS KNOW.......

Archived