Doreen Cali v. J. D'Arco

Guest Fly on Wall

Guest Guest

How much in increased legal fees? Are the fees the results of the unions in town fighting back?

Thousands, why don't you get a copy of the legal bills. Town Attorney, Asst. Town Attorney, D'Arco's attorney, doing the same job that the Asst. Town Attorney is being paid for. Increased fees are not a result of the unions but double bills and lawsuits. Crossing guard case, the town lost that one. Wait till the firefighter case is done. How much will it cost if Cali sues?

He was hired to manage the town. Holding people accountable is part of the job.

Then hold all accountable. Rules are only enforced to some. Two or more hour lunches are still going on with his knowledge but only for a select few. Some union employees allowed to make their own hours, others held to specific hours.

Its a 30 hour work week for old employees and 35 for new.

This thread is about D'Arco harrassing the Town Clerk.

You are right about accountability, shouldn't D'Arco be accountable?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
How much in increased legal fees? Are the fees the results of the unions in town fighting back?

Thousands, why don't you get a copy of the legal bills. Town Attorney, Asst. Town Attorney, D'Arco's attorney, doing the same job that the Asst. Town Attorney is being paid for. Increased fees are not a result of the unions but double bills and lawsuits. Crossing guard case,  the town lost that one. Wait till the firefighter case is done. How much will it cost if Cali sues?

He was hired to manage the town. Holding people accountable is part of the job.

Then hold all accountable. Rules are only enforced to some. Two or more hour lunches are still going on with his knowledge but only for a select few. Some union employees allowed to make their own hours, others held to specific hours.

Its a 30 hour work week for old employees and 35 for new. 

This thread is about D'Arco harrassing the Town Clerk.

You are right about accountability, shouldn't D'Arco be accountable?

Mr. Mangin. Do you know how much our legal bills have gone up since Mr. Darco came?

Guest retired thank god
How much in increased legal fees? Are the fees the results of the unions in town fighting back? He was hired to manage the town. Holding people accountable is part of the job.  He is here to make sure the taxpayer gets the most for their buck when it comes to personnel issues in the town. Some people have been bitching since he was hired becuase the 32 hour work week , 2 hour lunches without punching, and  other great perks were questioned and enforced. It sounds like a lot of people have a problem with accountability in this town.

This is a joke, right?

Accountable, demanding to know where you went on a personal day? Demanding to know what hospital your dying family member is in?

Guest Guest
How much in increased legal fees? Are the fees the results of the unions in town fighting back? He was hired to manage the town. Holding people accountable is part of the job.  He is here to make sure the taxpayer gets the most for their buck when it comes to personnel issues in the town. Some people have been bitching since he was hired becuase the 32 hour work week , 2 hour lunches without punching, and  other great perks were questioned and enforced. It sounds like a lot of people have a problem with accountability in this town.

Go to work 20 minutes early you are told you cannot punch in. Then forget and are accussed of being late.

Want to stay past 4pm and finish your work, can't, must stop and run to the clock punch out or be written up.

Guest retired thank god
He is here to make sure the taxpayer gets the most for their buck when it comes to personnel issues in the town.

Want the taxpayer to get the most for their buck when it comes to personnel issues in the town? Then make people want to work, bring energy and enthusiasm to the workplace. Support all members of the organization. Be aware of the needs of other people other than just your own. D'Arco accomplishments, egocentrism, degrading, insulting, humiliating, self fulfilling prophecy, destroys morale. Respect is earned not demanded.

Guest It's me! How ya doin?
Want the taxpayer to get the most for their buck when it comes to personnel issues in the town? Then make people want to work, bring energy and enthusiasm to the workplace. Support all members of the organization. Be aware of the needs of other people other than just your own. D'Arco accomplishments, egocentrism, degrading, insulting, humiliating, self fulfilling prophecy, destroys morale. Respect is earned not demanded.

Is there an ethics committee at a state or federal level that the citizenry can complain too about this 'soldier' of fortune? He's a labor terrorist! How about several recall votes for those recently elected councilpeople who won't do anything to curb this guy or get rid of him. If they won't perform their duties let's get rid of them by choosing wisely in a recall election.

Guest Old Second Warder
I remember fondly the days of Jim Cantlon.  He gave many years of good service to the town.  Now, we get hired guns who bounce from town to town, loyal only to their own wallets; ever searching to sweeten the deal.

So, I guess its only natural that D'Arco might try to claim another job.  I'm sure at a lucrative salary increase for himself.  See, more money saved.

Surely, this would upset someone other than just me.  What says everyone else?

I too fondly remember the days of Mr. Cantlon. I also remember all the good things the Cali family did for Kearny. Young Jack Cali (not so young anymore) went out of his way, (and out of his pocket) to help people, the schools or wherever he could. Sure he made money, but he is liked, respected and a good friend to the town. It's sad if his family has been mistreated. I wonder why?

Guest Public Management/Business101
Is there an ethics committee at a state or federal level that the citizenry can complain too about this 'soldier' of fortune? He's a labor terrorist! How about several recall votes for those recently elected councilpeople who won't do anything to curb this guy or get rid of him. If they won't perform their duties let's get rid of them by choosing wisely in a recall election.

Have any of them said anything bad against the guy since he was hired?

No.

He is a hired gun.

He says the things that they can't say for fear of alienating a voting block.

I would bet he has their support.

When he does what he was hired to do they all take credit for the cost savings.

When was the last time D'Arco was in the observer taking credit for any money saved in this town?

Guest Retired thank god

If there is such a commitee please let us know how to contact them. I understand that an individual has been picked to take the place of the present clerk. I guess this was all about retribution after all. The truth is that the council really is not concerned with how well an employee performs. Hold that thought because the question is,Who's next?

PS Has anyone called the mayor or council to complain. No phne calls no action. Right now the clerk stands alone.

Guest Loki

No.

He is a hired gun.

When was the last time D'Arco was in the observer taking credit for any money saved in this town?

The problem is, he is not the only guy that can do this job. I know his real purpose is "re-election insurance" whenever something goes wrong, the council lays the blame at his feet. That was the job he signed on for, fine!! But when employees begin to be mistreated, and Ms. Cali is only the most recent in a very long line of employees who have been mistreated, the council has a responsibility to act. At least, investigate the situation. I'm certain that if a worker acted improperly in the performance of his job, D'Arco's response would be fast and furious. Why are Mr. D'Arco's employers any less vigilant.

What say you, was it Vixen or Panther, I forget? What I haven't forgotten, is that this man works for you and the taxpayers of Kearny.

Guest Guest

No.

He is a hired gun.

You are absolutely correct. If the clerk goes, I guess the position won't be filled in oder to save money. Yeah right.....

Guest Guest
You are absolutely correct.  If the clerk goes, I guess the position won't be filled in oder to save money. Yeah right.....

darco holds a clerk's certificate. if he pushes cali out he becomes the clerk for more $$$$$, but less $$$$$ than cali was making. thats his plan and the counsel goes along becuz they like the part about saving the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Guest Retired thank god

Remember, the only way to see results with this issue is to call the mayor and council members. This issue is much to important for a wait and see attitude. Ask your elected officials what are they doing with this situation. Ask why the harassment continues. Do we really want this kind of work place tyranny to continue?Whos next? now it's the clerk tomorrow it could be you.

Guest vote cali tueday

Instead of a petition why not show your support for cali and do a write in vote on tuesday.

Type in D. Cali for Mayor.

Guest Guest 1

Word is that Ms. Cali will be leaving. Her law suit settlement will be large and can be added to all the other litigations. The attorneys line their pockets, the taxpayer foots the bill and the employee,,,well..they can use the money.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
Word is that Ms. Cali will be leaving. Her law suit settlement will be large and can be added to all the other litigations.  The attorneys line their pockets, the taxpayer foots the bill and the employee,,,well..they can use the money.

After reading this complete website on Ms. Doreen Cali's plight it reminds me of a very appropriate song...........De-ja vuu Could this be a dream that I once knew...?is it true? De ja vu??????????

After reading this complete website on Ms. Doreen Cali's plight it reminds me of a very appropriate song...........De-ja vuu  Could this be a dream that I once knew...?is it true?  De ja vu??????????

No Bert, not deja vu...because EVERYBODY (except D'arco) believes Doreen is doing an excellent job.

JW

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
No Bert, not deja vu...because EVERYBODY (except D'arco) believes Doreen is doing an excellent job.

JW

Yea, whatever you say Joe W ,whoever you are or pretend to be. If you don't give me your last name I will not be able to go TOE-TO-TOE with you because this dialogue feels too much like shadow boxing.Please give me your last name so I can let it rip!!!!!!!

Yea, whatever you say Joe W ,whoever you are or pretend to be. If you don't give me your last name I will not be able to go TOE-TO-TOE with you because this dialogue feels  too much like shadow boxing.Please give me your last name so I can let it rip!!!!!!!

Please don't tell me you are still having trouble confirming I am who you think I am. It REALLY is that difficult for you, is it?

JW

Yea, whatever you say Joe W ,whoever you are or pretend to be. If you don't give me your last name I will not be able to go TOE-TO-TOE with you because this dialogue feels  too much like shadow boxing.Please give me your last name so I can let it rip!!!!!!!

i think the only thing you can let rip is the hot air you are blowing all over kotw. Please wait till winter when we can really use the heat.

Guest Bob Dylan
After reading this complete website on Ms. Doreen Cali's plight it reminds me of a very appropriate song...........De-ja vuu  Could this be a dream that I once knew...?is it true?  De ja vu??????????

Hey Bert, do you remember this one too?

"How does it feel

When you are on your own

A complete unknown

Like a rolling stone"

Archived