Homeless People

Guest Concerned Citizen

Guest enough
B)  B)  :lol:  :lol: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA OUCH THAT HURT! :lol:

Once again, oldtart repeats himself. How many times Joe must you say ha,ha,ha oops I hurt myself! You offer nothing constructive and constantly repeat yourself.

Stick to the Observer forum, KearnyPundit seems to like your pointless humor. Get lost Joey "glug-glug!"

Once again, oldtart repeats himself. How many times Joe must you say ha,ha,ha oops I hurt myself! You offer nothing constructive and constantly repeat yourself.

Stick to the Observer forum, KearnyPundit seems to like your pointless humor. Get lost Joey "glug-glug!"

B) WHEN YOU STOP MAKING ME LAUGH! JUST HOW MANY NAMES DO YOU USE? HERE IS A NEW ONE FOR YA SHMANKLE! ITS YOU! B)

• 2 months later...

A lot of the problem is the system. There are shelters but like most places you cannot be drunk to go there, if they don't want help the shelters take people who want to clean up. Also, the social workers at the hospitals in the area (CLara Mass) don't like to do their jobs and give the bums notes for the next person who has to deal with them. The cops hustle them along because the ticket they can issue only has a fine. They are already homeless and cannot pay anyway. So, don't feed them or give them money and they will leave to find someone who will.

An interesting note: in a recent Time magazine article they listed what people make. A pan handler in manhattan made over 20,000 last year.

• 3 months later...
The homeless population in Kearny will continue to rise as long as the rents increase..... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: this problem WILL NOT GO AWAY! last year i posted what i think about this and got stupid feed back! it shows a towns hart when they try to hurt the "down trotten" thease are folks with a souls! human beings! not junk or garbage" just people with big problems"they need a hand up not a KICK IN THE BALLS! but with a money diging mayor like santos who lets the hosp and emts go bad'or worse what do you expect""""""suppor the S/A and help as you can :rolleyes:

Guest Concerned
The homeless population in Kearny will continue to rise as long as the rents increase..... :rolleyes:

: :rolleyes: What you say is true, even though cities like Newark and East Orange have affordable housing, the indigent still can not afford to pay rent,buy food and pay utility bills, with the amount of Public Assistance they recieve. But a middle class family has problems doing the same. With the tax increase we just recieved here in Kearny, many of our residents will be forced to sell their homes, whose to say that they will not become one of those"HOMELESS" people. The homeless did not choose that way of life,due to circumstances beyond their control, that is how they ended up this way. Some choose not to go to shelters, where they are in danger of being raped,assaulted, and robbed. In a public shelter you have to be there before 5pm and you must leave by 6am with your belongings, so they figure why bother putting themselves in that situation. Im not saying that it's the right thing but the way they see it, they feel safer on the street. In Newark, there is a wonderful place for the homeless to go and have a good meal, get clothing and receieve help trying to find a suitable place to live, it's called St. Johns and if you fell like you want to help contact them, because a great number of their recipients are from Kearny and Harrison.And Im sure they would appreciate it. THANK YOU

for taking the time to read this reply

YEARS AGO MY BROTHER WAS EVICTED FROM HIS APARTMENT IN KEARNY AT THAT TIME HE WILL ILL AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.THE LANDLORD WENT TO COURT AND EVICTED HIM AND PADLOCKED THE DOOR WE WENT HAD HIM OPEN THE DOOR MY BROTHER WAS ABLE TO GET EVERYTHING OUT THAT HE OWNED WHILE WE WERE WITH HIM IF NOT I DOUBTED IT.SHELTERS YOU ARE RIGHT YOU HAVE TO BE IN AT 5:00p.m. OUT IN THE AM THE SHELTER THAT DID OFFER MY BROTHER WAS ST.LUCYS IN JERSEY CITY.WHICH IS WHAT DO YOU DO ALL DAY LONG?I HAD TAKEN MY BROTHER IN TO LIVE WITH ME SO HE WOULD NOT BE ON THE STREETS I WOULD DO AGAIN IN HEARTBEAT OVER ANY SHELTER.THE HOMELESS ARE PEOPLE TO.

This town needs to do something to get the homeless/bums off the streets.  They are only begging for drug and alcohol money.  For those passing through, it looks like our town is fast going down hill.  And most importantly, the small children are afraid of them.

What kind of heartless person are you? Just because someone is homeless, that does not make them a bum!! Being a Christian, I have offered all of the homeless people on the Ave. food and yes, shelter! Did you know that one of them (Joe) froze to death on the Ave. last Sunday??? May God forgive you for your selfish cold heart and ignorance. Your a shame to humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived