THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR THE KEARNY OBSERVER?

Guest THE OBSERVER'S DEMISE

Guest Guest
WOW!!!

That is all I have to say about this week's "A word with the Publisher" column in the Kearny Observer.  I always had my suspicions, but now I have my confirmation that this woman, Lisa Pezzolla, really is illiterate!

The current column is a writer's disaster!!! ;)

"There's something funny here"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest old fart is gonna make a woman o
;)  :D  :D

GOOD FOR YOU!" NOW YOUR STARTING TO GET THE IDEA!. So think about what you said. And lighten up!. LOOK AROUND YOU" if you do live in kearny you need a sense of humor!!! life is to "short" just ask anyone at skyler ave and the pike behind the fence! so to the rest  ~carpe diem~

carpe diem?

big words, fart...what do they mean?

oh, ok...seize the day...

wow!!

where did you learn that from? oh that's right, the home study course you take from your trailer down in beautiful "gainsville"....

i'm ready to just run, not walk, down there myself...sounds fabulous..i can just envision you sitting up in your barka-lounger, studying those Latin philosophical phrases like "carpe diem"...drinking jack and coke's...chewing down slim jim's like they're going out of style...

man, what i wouldn't give to get out of Kearny and get me a little taste of that American dream, huh?

oh well,

"c'est la vie"...it's french, fart..jot it down...means "that's life"..you can add it to your repertoire of words/phrases...bet that's not included in the home study course...

hey, by the way, where in Kearny did you live? because i've never known the town to provide trailer parks for it's residents?

Guest "Something Smells A Little

"There's something funny here."

- Wise words, by Lisa Pezzolla

Too bad she wasn't quoting as saying, "Something smells funny here."

She probably would have blamed the foul odor on OLD FART. I hear she has a knack for pinning the blame on others, and not accepting responsibility for the consequences of her own actions.

Anyway, while we are on the topic of latin phrases, here's some words I'm sure The Observer Publisher, "extrodinaire" lives by:

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

"I'll either find a way or make one."

;)

Dear OLD FART,

For you I have an extra special treat. I'm sure this phrase will be useful to you as you're driving around in your 1982 Chevy pickup, down in your trailer home park in Florida. Maybe you can even have a few thousand bumper stickers made up for your toothless neighbors. I'm sure it would almost be as rewarding as using your 401K earning in providing yourself, and Lisa of course, with a higher education.

sona si latine loqueris

"Honk if you speak Latin."

:wink:

:rolleyes:  :angry:

sad very very sad! scottie mac why are you so mean!!? did someone crap in your corn flakes? FYI" it means REJOICE TODAY!WHILE YOU ARE ALIVE!!!!!!!I GUESS BEING MEAN IS JUST A JERSEY THING!      THANK GOD ITS OUT OF MY LIFE!  ~CARPE DIEM~

Dosen't Carpe Diem" mean literally, "Sieze the day"?

But your definition is good.

"There's something funny here."

- Wise words, by Lisa Pezzolla

Too bad she wasn't quoting as saying, "Something smells funny here."

She probably would have blamed the foul odor on OLD FART.  I hear she has a knack for pinning the blame on others, and not accepting responsibility for the consequences of her own actions.

Anyway, while we are on the topic of latin phrases, here's some words I'm sure The Observer Publisher, "extrodinaire" lives by:

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

"I'll either find a way or make one."

:rolleyes: 

Dear OLD FART,

For you I have an extra special treat.  I'm sure this phrase will be useful to you as you're driving around in your 1982 Chevy pickup, down in your trailer home park in Florida.  Maybe you can even have a few thousand bumper stickers made up for your toothless neighbors.  I'm sure it would almost be as rewarding as using your 401K earning in providing yourself, and Lisa of course, with a higher education.   

sona si latine loqueris

"Honk if you speak Latin."

:wink:

Eeeeeyouch! :angry:

:blink::blink::blink::P

Eeeeeyouch! :blink:

hey i can take it after all i grew up in" kearny" and had to put up with mis mcconnell/lang in the third grade after that everything else is EASY!!!!!hey sticks and stones!~~~~

Guest Kearny & Ireland Don't W

Oldfart,

You truly are an embarrassment to Kearny! I'm so thankful that you no longer live here. I too attended Washington school, and unlike yourself, I am an intelligent adult who has managed to do more with my life that involve myself with issues that don't directly have any affect on me.

Maybe we can petition this "BULLETINE" (HA!) board to incorporate a "spell check" into this forum for your personal use.

:blink:

Oldfart,

You truly are an embarrassment to Kearny!  I'm so thankful that you no longer live here.  I too attended Washington school, and unlike yourself, I am an intelligent adult who has managed to do more with my life that involve myself with issues that don't directly have any affect on me.

Maybe we can petition this "BULLETINE" (HA!) board to incorporate a "spell check" into this forum for your personal use.

:blink:

:blink::blink: SPELL CHECK! GOOD IDEA!!! BUT YOU COULD NOT HANDLE ME ! YOUR STREETS ARE TO SMALL AND MY CARS ARE TO FAST FOR THEM! !AND WHAT ABOUT PARKING???I HAVE 5 CARS AND 3 TRUCKS" THERE IS JUST NO ROOM!! ISSUES AND AFFECT? WHEN PEOPLE GET TIRED OF KEARNYS HIGH TAXES WHERE DO THEY LOOK "FLA" WHEN THEY NEED ROOM FOR THEAR KIDS! FLA" WHEN ITS VERY COLD "FLA" ISSUES AND AFFECT? AT LEAST IAM TRYING TO HELP! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? YOUL BE LOOKING HERE SOON TOO!!!~---------~

Guest FL Has MELTED Your Brain Cells
<_<  <_< SPELL CHECK! GOOD IDEA!!! BUT YOU COULD NOT HANDLE ME ! YOUR STREETS ARE TO SMALL AND MY CARS ARE TO FAST FOR THEM! !AND WHAT ABOUT PARKING???I HAVE 5 CARS AND 3 TRUCKS" THERE IS JUST NO ROOM!!  ISSUES AND AFFECT? WHEN PEOPLE GET TIRED OF KEARNYS HIGH TAXES WHERE DO THEY LOOK "FLA" WHEN THEY NEED ROOM FOR THEAR KIDS! FLA" WHEN ITS VERY COLD "FLA"          ISSUES AND AFFECT? AT LEAST IAM TRYING TO HELP! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?  YOUL BE LOOKING HERE SOON TOO!!!~---------~

Here is a link that you and Lisa can share:

http://www.m-w.com

You can't even abbreviate your current resident state properly!

:P

Guest shut_up_already

This dip only has to write a few sentences each week & she can't even handle that? How shameful, especially considering it's in addition to the dozens of spelling, grammatical, & typographical errors her paper makes each & every week. Anyone remember the recent front page headline about the town's pro soccer alumni? I can't remember what it was exactly but I do remember that not only did it not contain a verb, it was barely even a sentence fragment.

A rival newspaper with good funding & a competent staff could easily blow The Observer out of the water, here's hoping someone does just that...soon!

This dip only has to write a few sentences each week & she can't even handle that?  How shameful, especially considering it's in addition to the dozens of spelling, grammatical, & typographical errors her paper makes each & every week.  Anyone remember the recent front page headline about the town's pro soccer alumni?  I can't remember what it was exactly but I do remember that not only did it not contain a verb, it was barely even a sentence fragment.

A rival newspaper with good funding & a competent staff could easily blow The Observer out of the water, here's hoping someone does just that...soon!

:ph34r::ph34r: who do you work for N.J. .COM/STAR LEDGER? WE KNOW YOUR NOT FROM KEARNY! IF YOU WERE YOU WOULD THINK DIFFERENT! ~~`

:ph34r:  :ph34r: who do you work for N.J. .COM/STAR LEDGER? WE KNOW YOUR NOT FROM KEARNY! IF YOU WERE YOU WOULD THINK DIFFERENT! ~~`

Why don't you think I'm from Kearny? I happen to have lived here all my life, proud grad of St. Cecilia's & KHS, & no, I don't work for anyone, I'm just sick of having a newspaper representing our area that's so poorly done.

Guest Guest
This dip only has to write a few sentences each week & she can't even handle that?  How shameful, especially considering it's in addition to the dozens of spelling, grammatical, & typographical errors her paper makes each & every week.  Anyone remember the recent front page headline about the town's pro soccer alumni?  I can't remember what it was exactly but I do remember that not only did it not contain a verb, it was barely even a sentence fragment.

I love how she has managed to ignore the whole situation. :ph34r:

"something is funny here."

L.T.P.

Guest Guest_anonymous_*

Talking about the article regarding the pro soccer alumni, did you realize that after you turn the page, the article ends in mid-sentence!! It just ends!! In mid-sentence no less. I've been reading the Observer for years, you'd think things would change. Do they check the layout before they print it? Forget seize the day, someone should seize the Observer!! :ph34r:

Talking about the article regarding the pro soccer alumni, did you realize that after you turn the page, the article ends in mid-sentence!! It just ends!! In mid-sentence no less. I've been reading the Observer for years, you'd think things would change. Do they check the layout before they print it? Forget seize the day, someone should seize the Observer!! ;)

Haha no, because of all the errors I usually just browse through the paper, otherwise I get too depressed :(

Why don't you think I'm from Kearny?  I happen to have lived here all my life, proud grad of St. Cecilia's & KHS, & no, I don't work for anyone, I'm just sick of having a newspaper representing our area that's so poorly done.

CAN YOU DO BETTER! APPLY FOR A JOB! THEY MIGHT HIRE YOU! IF YOU CAN DO "BETTER" ~CARPE DIEM~ ;):(:blink:

One would think she would dispel the allegations directly to her readers, since she has her own forum in which to do so without censorship or real-time challenges.

;) you CAN call her and tell her how you feel! i did ! and she knows who i am ! she is open to "comment" but be nice! she might liten! ~carpe diem~

Archived