THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR THE KEARNY OBSERVER?

Guest THE OBSERVER'S DEMISE

Guest A. Realist
:lol:

hey dudes LIGHTEN UP! thats OUR OWN!!! and she is young and new to this! that paper is YOUR VOICE! and its still in kearny. nj.com does not care about you! and they can't take the heat either i I KNOW !!! HELP HER NOT KILL HER! SO THE PAPER SCREWED UP LOOK AT YOUR SELF! IF YOU STILL LIVE IN KEARNY YOU ARE SCREWING UP too! that town needs help! its on the way of asbury park!!!!!  ~CARPE DIEM~

Fart,

Are you actually bragging about living in Gainsville, Fl ----the intellectual wasteland of the Northern Hemisphere? Did you get your nickname from the methane gas you produce from eating too many barbequed palmetto bugs? They're considered gourmet in your neck of the woods, right?

Speaking of intellect, the epitome of stupidity is a newspaper editor/plublisher who claims ignorance regarding plagarism. It's like a doctor saying he's never heard of the Hippocratic Oath. This is not a "mistake". It is the purposeful theft of someone else's thoughts. I guess for some people the only way to possess a thought, is to steal it.

I wonder if you would be quite so forgiving if the lady in question was 70 years old, fat and wrinkled!!

Carpe Nihil, ya'all

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fart,

Are you actually bragging about living in Gainsville, Fl ----the intellectual wasteland of the Northern Hemisphere? Did you get your nickname from the methane gas you produce from eating too many barbequed palmetto bugs? They're considered gourmet in your neck of the woods, right?

Speaking of intellect, the epitome of stupidity is a newspaper editor/plublisher who claims ignorance regarding plagarism. It's like a doctor saying he's never heard of the Hippocratic Oath. This is not a "mistake". It is the purposeful theft of someone else's thoughts. I guess for some people the only way to possess a thought, is to steal it.

I wonder if you would be quite so forgiving if the lady in question was 70 years old, fat and wrinkled!!

Carpe Nihil, ya'all

1st you told me that you liked them!the wings tickled but with a little salt they were GREAT ! BUT MY NAME IS JUST WHAT LIFE IS LIKE 1 FART AND LIFE IS GONE!! just like time!!did she do something wrong yes ! but the paper IS STILL YOUR VOICE IN THAT STATE! lose that independant voice and you will end up like asbury park THINK i know how hard it is for you ! ohyah look up my saying or don't you know how! ~carpe diem~ :)

Guest Old Fart - Go back to school

Oldfart,

Obviously your "elder" age doesn't benefit you any. You still cannot write an intelligent, well composed paragraph. Wow, alot like your friend Lisa.

Oldfart,

Obviously your "elder" age doesn't benefit you any.  You still cannot write an intelligent, well composed paragraph.  Wow, alot like your friend Lisa.

OK which one?washington or franklin or kh ? i have an idea! you come with me!!!!you can hold my hand or walk with me to the toilet! GOTA LUV YA ~CARPE DIEM~

Guest Studies and Observations

The Observer this week managed yet another gaffe..the Article titled

Harrison gets drilled in emergency response

By Monica Curry

The Observer

Was about Ashland Chemical...which while it IS on Harrison Ave, is IN Kearny...even the article mentioned that KFD was the responding agency for the drill. It's stellar journalism like this, and strict adherance to the facts that REALLY show the Observer's worth.

I'm still waiting for the outrage here about West Hudson's Emergency Room closing at nighttime...If you get sick or hurt after 11pm, you're going to Clara.

Guest Town Resident

By Monica Curry

The Observer

Was about Ashland Chemical...which while it IS on Harrison Ave, is IN Kearny...even the article mentioned that KFD was the responding agency for the drill.  It's stellar journalism like this, and strict adherance to the facts that REALLY show the Observer's worth.

I'm still waiting for the outrage here about West Hudson's Emergency Room closing at nighttime...If you get sick or hurt after 11pm, you're going to Clara.

Are you kidding. All newspapers make mistakes all the time. So what, no harm done. Show me someone who has never made a mistake (except for you, apparently). And who cares about West Hudson closing at 12. So you drive 5 minutes accross the bridge, big deal. It's a bigger hospital with a better ER anyway. You have any other complaints ?

Guest A. Realist

OK which one?washington or franklin or kh ? i have an idea! you come with me!!!!you can hold my hand or walk with me to the toilet!      GOTA LUV YA  ~CARPE DIEM~

Please, for the love of God, somebody down in Gainsville, call an orderly to get this poor S.O.B out of the sun, back on his meds, and prepped for his electro-shock therapy!

Carpe Nihil, ya'all

Guest Guest
Fart,

Carpe Nihil, ya'all

C'mon Realist, where have you been. Haven't you been reading the Disney Softball thread. There are no rules anymore, everything can be written off as a mistake. :lol:

http://nydailynews.com/front/story/300995p-257573c.html

THIS IS A MUST READ.  WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT THAT KEARNY, NJ WOULD BE MENTIONED IN THE NY DAILY NEWS?

:)  :)  :D

Jeeez! When my brother was editor many years ago, nothing like this ever happened. He actually went out and got his own stories, much to the disliking of the mayor at the time! :lol:

Sad to think that her lack of journalistic integrity actually led her to believe she could get away with this kind of crap! :D

Hey! They should take back some of her awards!

Guest Guest 99

By Monica Curry

The Observer

Was about Ashland Chemical...which while it IS on Harrison Ave, is IN Kearny...even the article mentioned that KFD was the responding agency for the drill.  It's stellar journalism like this, and strict adherance to the facts that REALLY show the Observer's worth.

S and O, you disappoint me. :lol: Are you in training for a job at the Observer? :)

There is no Harrison Avenue in Kearny. Once the road leaves Harrison and enters Kearny it becomes the Newark-Jersey City Turnpike. Just a little town trivia. :)

:lol::)

Please, for the love of God, somebody down in Gainsville, call an orderly to get this poor S.O.B out of the sun, back on his meds, and prepped for his electro-shock therapy!

Carpe Nihil, ya'all

ouch it bites! down down get back back!" does any one have a whip?"you are "SAD"YOU AND THE REST OF KEARNY NEEDS TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR!.Its not nice!"the town is like the titanic and its sinking!""slowly but still going down!. All the back biteing is not helping! look at the "BIG PICTURE!"LOSING YOUR VOICE WILL ONLY PULL IT UNDER!!!!!!!! AND I DO MEAN THE WHOLE TOWN!!!AND LOOK UP MY SAYING ~CARPE DIEM~

S and O, you disappoint me.  :lol: Are you in training for a job at the Observer? :)

There is no Harrison Avenue in Kearny. Once the road leaves Harrison and enters Kearny it becomes the Newark-Jersey City Turnpike. Just a little town trivia. :)

Sorry Guest, but you are incorrect. ... It turns from Harrison Ave into the H/N Tpk after it passes under the NJ Turnpike. If you check the addresses, they recycle. The New Post Office is 1200 Harrison Ave, the Original Facility (The Daniels Facility) is 850 NEwark Tpk, The former Goody Products is 969 Newark Turnpike, and the numbers contunue up on Old Newark Turnpike off of Rt 7 before the Wit-Penn Bridge. This isnt trivia, it's fact. Dont believe me? Ask the Fire Dept, Ambulance, or PD...Or better yet, try checking the Phone book and see what the Address is for Drew Chemical (Ashland).

:lol::)

Look up my kilt......Carpe haggis!!

sad very very sad! scottie mac why are you so mean!!? did someone crap in your corn flakes? FYI" it means REJOICE TODAY!WHILE YOU ARE ALIVE!!!!!!!I GUESS BEING MEAN IS JUST A JERSEY THING! THANK GOD ITS OUT OF MY LIFE! ~CARPE DIEM~

Guest Guest
Sorry Guest, but you are incorrect.  ... It turns from Harrison Ave into the H/N Tpk after it passes under the NJ Turnpike.  If you check the addresses, they recycle.  The New Post Office is 1200 Harrison Ave, the Original Facility (The Daniels Facility) is 850 NEwark Tpk, The former Goody Products is 969 Newark Turnpike, and the numbers contunue up on Old Newark Turnpike off of Rt 7 before the Wit-Penn Bridge.  This isnt trivia, it's fact.  Dont believe me?  Ask the Fire Dept, Ambulance, or PD...Or better yet, try checking the Phone book and see what the Address is for Drew Chemical (Ashland).

If you have attended any Town Council meetings in the past you would know that in Kearny Harrison Ave. is an a.k.a. for the Newark- Jersey City Turnpike. The Council has been reminded numerous times by a very reliable source attending those meetings and have changed documents to read N-JC Turnpike. Am I right Barbara, Laura?? :lol:

Guest A. Realist
:lol:  :)

sad very very sad! scottie mac why are you so mean!!? did someone crap in your corn flakes? FYI" it means REJOICE TODAY!WHILE YOU ARE ALIVE!!!!!!!I GUESS BEING MEAN IS JUST A JERSEY THING!      THANK GOD ITS OUT OF MY LIFE!  ~CARPE DIEM~

If you're going to quote something, at least quote it correctly. How the hell did you get two sentences out of "Carpe Diem"? It means, "Seize the day." (Carpe meanining seize, and diem meaning the day.) I guess being illiterate is just a Florida thing!

Carpe Nihil, ya'all!!

Guest Street smarts

The truth is you are wrong. The new Bergen Avenue extension goes to Harrison Avenue, which is in Kearny. Zamora's, a bar, on Harrison Avenue is actually in Kearny. So is Ogden Street and Ann Street which is located south of Harrison Avenue on the Kearny side. It is an odd configuration, but the truth is Harrison Avenue is also in Kearny. The Newark Turnpike does not pick up until the postoffice facility a good .5 mile away. Also located on Harrison Avenue in Kearny is the former Philip Morris plant, now a postal facility (not the aformentioned one), Sunuco Gas Station, another gas station, and that diner.

I dont post here, but I just thought I would let you know. :lol:

Guest Guest 99
The truth is you are wrong.  The new Bergen Avenue extension goes to Harrison Avenue, which is in Kearny.  Zamora's, a bar, on Harrison Avenue is actually in Kearny.  So is Ogden Street and Ann Street which is located south of Harrison Avenue on the Kearny side.  It is an odd configuration, but the truth is Harrison Avenue is also in Kearny.  The Newark Turnpike does not pick up until the postoffice facility a good .5 mile away.  Also located on Harrison Avenue in Kearny is the former Philip Morris plant, now a postal facility (not the aformentioned one), Sunuco Gas Station, another gas station, and that diner.

I dont post here, but I just thought I would let you know. :lol:

From the official town website: http://www.kearnyusa.com/Info.asp

"Work is currently underway to connect two county roadways, Schuyler Avenue and the Newark-Jersey City Turnpike, a.k.a., Harrison Avenue, by extending Kearny’s Bergen Avenue east/southeast by approximately one-half mile through a designation redevelopment area in the Hackensack Meadowlands."

So much for the Bergen Ave. extension theory. The roads proper name within the boundries of Kearny is the Newark-Jersey City Turnpike. This is similar to Passaic Ave. being a.k.a. River Road. :)

The truth is you are wrong.  The new Bergen Avenue extension goes to Harrison Avenue, which is in Kearny.  Zamora's, a bar, on Harrison Avenue is actually in Kearny.  So is Ogden Street and Ann Street which is located south of Harrison Avenue on the Kearny side.  It is an odd configuration, but the truth is Harrison Avenue is also in Kearny.  The Newark Turnpike does not pick up until the postoffice facility a good .5 mile away.  Also located on Harrison Avenue in Kearny is the former Philip Morris plant, now a postal facility (not the aformentioned one), Sunuco Gas Station, another gas station, and that diner.

I dont post here, but I just thought I would let you know. ;)

Phillip Morris is the 1200 Harrison Ave address I mentioned. Noone seems to want to aknowledge that there are TWO address numbering systems. Harrison Ave, which goes out to somewhere in the 1500's, then Newark Tpk, which picks up back in the 800's again at G&S Motors, just west of the Daniels Postal Facility (850 Newark Tpk).

;):D:D

If you're going to quote something, at least quote it correctly. How the hell did you get two sentences out of "Carpe Diem"? It means, "Seize the day." (Carpe meanining seize, and diem meaning the day.) I guess being illiterate is just a Florida thing!

Carpe Nihil, ya'all!!

GOOD FOR YOU!" NOW YOUR STARTING TO GET THE IDEA!. So think about what you said. And lighten up!. LOOK AROUND YOU" if you do live in kearny you need a sense of humor!!! life is to "short" just ask anyone at skyler ave and the pike behind the fence! so to the rest ~carpe diem~

Guest Guest

Carpe Nihil, ya'all!!

pssssstt.....as long as we are correcting people's use of words...you made a spelling error.....heheheheh

Guest A. Realist
pssssstt.....as long as we are correcting people's use of words...you made a spelling error.....heheheheh

Actually, I have a stutter. Just goes to show you, even A. Realist can make a typo, occasionally. I accept my 50 lashes with a dangling participle. Tahnks for piontng it out to me.

Guest The know

The town's website is wrong because there is 1200 Harrison Avenue. Also, as I said before, if you go behind Zamora's and that gas station there is two streets, Ogden and Ann Street, and they are on the Kearny side despite being near Harrison. If you call Zamora's their address is Harrison Avenue and it is a 201 phone number. As for the town website, the Bergen Avenue/ Newark Turnpike link is there to take you to Jersey City and the newark turnpike. Again you are wrong, but it is o.k. to be wrong. I just happened to know because I am a former mailman.

Guest Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me&

WOW!!!

That is all I have to say about this week's "A word with the Publisher" column in the Kearny Observer. I always had my suspicions, but now I have my confirmation that this woman, Lisa Pezzolla, really is illiterate!

Archived