tearing down harrison

Guest michael hinchcliffe

ONCE AGAIN THE GREAT POLITICAL REGIME OF THE TOWN OF HARRISON IS SHOWING HOW MUCH IT CARES FOR ITS RESIDENTS. THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL HAVE CONTINUALLY LET CERTAIN PEOPLE BUILD ON ANY PEICE OF PROPERTY THEY COULD GET THEIR HANDS ON. YET NOW THEY HAVE A GRAND PLAN OF TEARING 80 EXISTING RESIDENCES DOWN TO EXPAND SCHOOLS.

IS IT ME OR DOES THIS SHOW THE LOWEST FORM OF CARE FOR HARRISONIANS. FOR OVER A DECADE TOWN RESIDENTS HAD TO ENDURE STARING AT A PORTION OF TOWN THAT LOOKS LIKE A WARZONE AND WOULD HAVE BEEN A PERFECT FIT FOR A SCHOOL COMPLEX. HOWEVER, THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL ALONG WITH THE BOZO FROM THE STATE (WHO'S JUST AS CROOKED) SEEM TO THINK TAKING PEOPLES HOMES IS A BETTER IDEA.

LET ME SHED SOME LIGHT AS TO WHY THEY WILL TELL YOU THIS. WHEN A BUILDING IS BUILT ON RAW PROPERTY, IT IS PRICED BY THE SQUARE FOOT AT A FLAT RATE. BUT WHEN A BUILDING IS EXPANDED AND OTHER BUILDINGS NEED TO BE TORN DOWN, NUMBERS CAN RISE AT ANY TIME DEPENDING ON WHAT PROBLEMS ARISE. THIS CREATES A LOT OF ROOM FOR MONEY TO WANDER AND "GET LOST". THE STATE AND THE MAYOR (WHO HAVE BECOME QUITE THE BEST OF FRIENDS) WILL NEVER HAVE THE INTEREST OF THE RESIDENTS OF HARRISON ON THEIR MINDS, AND YOUR BELOVED COUNCIL WILL NEVER SAY NO TO HIS HIGHNESS.

I BEG THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON TO FINALLY STAND UP FOR THEIR RIGHTS AND STOP THE MADNESS.

Guest Observer

Hey Michael, do you realize that your brother in law is a Councilman and your brother just came out first on the Captains test in the PD. Will you not hurt their chances with your remarks about the present regime? Some of your remarks are defamatory so you better be able to prove them. ;)

Guest Town Tax Payer

My aunt's house is one of the one's being targeted. I would really like to know what the town has in mind with this proposal. What about the new school and the existing schools. What else is needed? Why such a hurry now? I'm all for education, but Harrison is a distressed city how much more money is this going to cost the taxpayers? Any info is helpful. Marsha ;)

P.S. I really like the fact that people like Michael are looking into this.

Hey Michael, do you realize that your brother in law is a Councilman and your brother just came out first on the Captains test in the PD. Will you not hurt their chances with your remarks about the present regime? Some of your remarks are defamatory so you better be able to prove them. ;)

My brother-in-law and my brother are big boys who can take care of themselves and I challenge the politicians to prove me wrong and back up their decisions.

Guest Guest

thee above is a bunch of crap!!! Typical Harrison Threats...YOU all are gonna be DONE/Finish ...getting worried???!!!!

Guest One Who Knows

Last time you were threatening to run for Mayor, they gave you some orders for printing for the PD and that shut you up. What are you looking for this time? :P:D:lol:;)B)

Guest Guest

Mike Hinch

You do not have the experience or sophiscation to serve in an administrative capacity. Although you may have good intentions, you could not change anything. Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you have a college education?

2. Have you ever served as a town official?

3. Have you ever authored any articles concerning government or politics?

4. Have you taken any courses concerning government?

I bet your answers to each of these questions establish that you do not have the ability to run the Town of Harrison. Although most of the current regime does not have the qualifications, i.,e., college education, that does not mean that you do not need these things to effectively run an administration. The Town of Harrison will not change until someone with the education, the sophiscation and the determination decides to make the necessary changes.

Guest Millan Takes The Lead

It appears that former Councilman Millan has taken the lead in calling for further public input into the proposed SCC school expansion in Harrison. It appears that Mayor McDonough is back pedalling in his support for the original SCC plan. At the last council meeting, Mayor McDonough said he would sign Councilman Millan's petition but now the papers says he has to check if there is a conflict of interest. Give me a break, the petition calls for further public meetings and consideration of alternate sites in the development zone. Councilman Millan should join forces with the Hinchcliffes. Michael can run in the 4th ward. Anselmo in the 2nd ward. We need the 1st, 3rd and the Mayor to clean house. Any candidates out there?

News Article on Millan Petition

Guest Miss Crabtree'38
Mike Hinch

You do not have the experience or sophiscation to serve in an administrative capacity.  Although you may have good intentions, you could not change anything.  Please answer the following questions:

I bet your answers to each of these questions establish that you do not have the ability to run the Town of Harrison.  Although most of the current regime does not have the qualifications, i.,e., college education, that does not mean that you do not need these things to effectively run an administration.  The Town of Harrison will not change until someone with the education, the sophiscation and the determination decides to make the necessary changes.

Has Mayor Ray?? :lol:

Guest What a joke

To the poster who asked Mike the questions concerning his qualifications - what a joke. I don't believe one town administrator can answer yes to anyone of your questions. Give Mike a break, he like many of the town residents want to see a change. Right now we the town is run by a bunch of "give me" individuals that have no clue as to how they should run the town.

Guest Blue Tide

Mike,post your qualifications. Where do you work. What is your educational level. What have you done for the Town as a volunteer. Is it true that you have been a paid contractor for the Town with your printing business?

Answer these questions and it willbe a start. :lol:

Mike,post your qualifications. Where do you work. What is your educational level. What have you done for the Town as a volunteer. Is it true that you have been a paid contractor for the Town with your printing business?

Answer these questions and it willbe a start. :lol:

AT THIS TIME I WILL ONLY SAY THAT THE TOWN OF HARRISON NEVER CONTRACTED MY PRINTING COMPANY FOR BUSINESS. A FEW PERSONAL FRIENDS OF MINE ON THE POLICE DEPARTMENT CAME TO ME FOR BUSINESS CARDS.

Guest A New Harrison

Hinchy,

Screw 'em all... run for mayor.

You will have the 6 votes in my household in the 4th ward, along with a majority in town. Guaranteed. Plus, we can get some of the councilmen/women to secretly sway sides and support you. They probably can't publically do it (because Ray will get mad)... but hey, we really know that half of them don't support the Mayor like your relative, Kelly, Doran, etc. They will help you get elected.

Start it up.

Guest Guest

I am currently a college student (poly sci major)and I just have to say that government courses are overrated and are not needed in order to run a muncipality. What is needed to run a municipality is common sense and the right intentions. Why is it always on this site that education is used as a weapon to try and degrade individuals. Sophistication is not what is needed; sophistication is the reason why we know little about what is going on in this town. What is needed is a straight foward individual, like Mike H, who has the intentions of helping the taxpayers and not extorting them like the current faction.

Mike Hinch

You do not have the experience or sophiscation to serve in an administrative capacity.  Although you may have good intentions, you could not change anything.  Please answer the following questions:

I bet your answers to each of these questions establish that you do not have the ability to run the Town of Harrison.  Although most of the current regime does not have the qualifications, i.,e., college education, that does not mean that you do not need these things to effectively run an administration.  The Town of Harrison will not change until someone with the education, the sophiscation and the determination decides to make the necessary changes.

Guest Former Town Resident

I think it's time that Harrison hired a professional Business Administrator to run the town. I don't know of another town (possibly East Newark) that doesn't have a Business Administrator. When you leave town operations up to elected officials who have no background in municipal government, the results can be a poorly run town with poor decisions being made and wasteful spending.

Guest Millan for Mayor
Wow Mike Hinchcliff was Right Read This....

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/b...40591158070.xml

I am now convinced it is a time for change. Out with corruption......

You mean former Councilman Millan was right. Councilman Millan was the only councilman (be that a former-councilman) who attended the public meeting held at the high school and voiced immediate opposition to the proposed plan. His petition which he says has over 900 signatures calls for additional public input and exploration of alternative sites. According to the Luso-Americano (Portuguese-American paper), former-councilman Millan has also reached out to state level officials with his concerns. He apparently has put together a proposal on why the current program is ill conceived and why an alterate site in the current-redevelopment zone would be better. Michael Hinchcliffe would do well if he and Millan joined forces. But can Millan trust Hinchcliffe who sold out last time. Is Michael Hinchcliffe serious or just blowing steam to get attention. Only time will tell. Millan however (despite his accent) is the real thing. He lost and continues to handle himself with professionalism and with the highest integrity. He continues to fight for the residents of Harrison.

Read this article: http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/b...49517224870.xml

You mean former Councilman Millan was right.  Councilman Millan was the only councilman (be that a former-councilman) who attended the public meeting held at the high school and voiced immediate opposition to the proposed plan.  His petition which he says has over 900 signatures calls for additional public input and exploration of alternative sites.  According to the Luso-Americano (Portuguese-American paper), former-councilman Millan has also reached out to state level officials with his concerns.  He apparently has put together a proposal on why the current program is ill conceived and why an alterate site in the current-redevelopment zone would be better.  Michael Hinchcliffe would do well if he and Millan joined forces.  But can Millan trust Hinchcliffe who sold out last time.  Is Michael Hinchcliffe serious or just blowing steam to get attention.  Only time will tell.  Millan however (despite his accent) is the real thing.  He lost and continues to handle himself with professionalism and with the highest integrity.  He continues to fight for the residents of Harrison.

Read this article: http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/b...49517224870.xml

I THINK I AM THE ONE WHO SHOULD WONDER IF MR. MILAN CAN BE TRUSTED. MR. MILANS PETITION ONLY OFFERS THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON MORE STATE MEETINGS THAT WILL END UP WITH THE SAME RESULT. HE KNOWS THIS AND IS ONLY CREATING AN IMAGE FOR HIMSELF. MR. MILAN STILL HAS THE EAR OF THE MAYOR AND CONTINUES ON THE SAME PATH AS THE CURRENT REGIME. HE HAS HAD TOWN EMPLOYEES AT HIS PERSONAL RESIDENCE THREE TIMES TO FIX HIS DRIVEWAY. A DRIVEWAY THAT WAS DAMAGED WHEN HE USED TOWN EMPLOYEES TO REMOVE SNOW FROM HIS OWN DRIVEWAY.

NOT TO MENTION MR. MILAN STILL CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR $7,000 OF MISAPPROPRIATED FUNDS FROM HIS BELOVED FEST CORP. IF ANYONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BELEIVE THAT MR. MILAN IS OUT OF THE LOOP, I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH ONE MORE FACT. WHILE MAKING A POWER PLAY WITH THE MAYOR AT A RALLY FOR CORZINE, THE EX-COUNCILMAN INTRODUCED HIMSELF AS A CURRENT COUNCILMAN. ALL THE WHILE THE MAYOR WAS BY HIS SIDE AND NEVER CORRECTED HIM. MR. MILAN IS NOTHING MORE THAN POWER-HUNGRY AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON HE FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL.

Guest Guest

WHEN WE YOU PEOPLE REALIZE MR. MILLAN IS ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT MR. MILLAN. HE LOST SUPPORT OF HIS SUPPORTERS IN THE LAST ELECTION BECAUSE HE DISCARDS THEM AFTER HE HAS NO OTHER NEED OR USE FOR THEM. HE IS LIVING IN A FANTACY WORLD WHERE HE THINKS HE WON THE LAST ELECTION AND IS STILL A COUNCILMAN. WHEN WILL HE REALIZE ITS OVER FOR HIM AND MOVE ON . IF THE PEOPLE WANTED HIM FOR COUNCILMAN HE WOULD HAVE BEEN RE ELECTED. I'M A PAST SUPPORTER OF MR. MILLAN AND WAS A CLOSE CONFIDENT OF HIS, SO I KNOW THAT HIS OBJECT IS HIM AND HIM ALONE AND WILL STEP OVER ALL WHO HAVE NO MORE VALUE OR USE TO HIS OWN PERSONAL CAUSE. " VIVA ME !!!! " ..............,

Guest Right Mr. Powell
I THINK I AM THE ONE WHO SHOULD WONDER IF MR. MILAN CAN BE TRUSTED. MR. MILANS PETITION ONLY OFFERS THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON MORE STATE MEETINGS THAT WILL END UP WITH THE SAME RESULT. HE KNOWS THIS AND IS ONLY CREATING AN IMAGE FOR HIMSELF. MR. MILAN STILL HAS THE EAR OF THE MAYOR AND CONTINUES ON THE SAME PATH AS THE CURRENT REGIME. HE HAS HAD TOWN EMPLOYEES AT HIS PERSONAL RESIDENCE THREE TIMES TO FIX HIS DRIVEWAY. A DRIVEWAY THAT WAS DAMAGED WHEN HE USED TOWN EMPLOYEES TO REMOVE SNOW FROM HIS OWN DRIVEWAY.

NOT TO MENTION MR. MILAN STILL CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR $7,000 OF MISAPPROPRIATED FUNDS FROM HIS BELOVED FEST CORP. IF ANYONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BELEIVE THAT MR. MILAN IS OUT OF THE LOOP, I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH ONE MORE FACT. WHILE MAKING A POWER PLAY WITH THE MAYOR AT A RALLY FOR CORZINE, THE EX-COUNCILMAN INTRODUCED HIMSELF AS A CURRENT COUNCILMAN. ALL THE WHILE THE MAYOR WAS BY HIS SIDE AND NEVER CORRECTED HIM. MR. MILAN IS NOTHING MORE THAN POWER-HUNGRY AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON HE FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL.

Mr. Powell:

We know you hate former councilman Millan. That $7000 misappropriated funds (interesting choice of words, you did not say stolen) line was used by the mayor to slander the good councilman's name. Remember Tom, he is no longer a councilman so he can sue your butt now. How much have you stolen on behalf of the Mayor? Why don't you ask the Mayor if he has used any Town money to pay for personal items? Or if he set up a bogus account with a name you are familiar with to do just that?

Former Councilman Millan's petition states the following:

Petition to School Construction Corp.

Re: Harrison School Expansion Project

We, the undersigned who are Residents, Business and Property Owners in the Town of Harrison, Petition the Board of Directors of the New Jersey School Construction Corporation (NJSCC) to schedule additional Public Hearings to define the scope of expansion with input from the community that will be affected bythe expansion and new construction of school buildings, teacher parking and facilities which will result in the displacement of some 80 homeowners and their tenants from their homes. NjSCC should explore all options with input from the community effected including using underutilized properties in the Redevelopment Zone (i.e. fromer Hartz Mountain Complex) which could result in no loss of homes and property tax revenue.

End of Petition.

It sounds like a well thought out position to take. Councilman Millan is not saying he is totally against the shool project but that there are alternatives and the public (residents of Harrison) should have input to what ultimately happens.

Mayor McDonough agreed to sign his petition and then had "a conflict of interest" and had to review whether he could sign. What conflict? Pete Higgins told him not to sign because Pete wants as much construction as possible so that he can benefit from it.

If only Michael Hinchcliffe and former-Councilman Millan could get together they would defeat the McDumb and dumber machine.

Stay tuned it may happen.

Guest Guest

I have to give it to Mike Hinchliffe. After browsing this forum on several occassions, he appears to be the real deal. He is bright and articulate and wants whats best for Harrison. We don't need any more cronies with Jobs in Passaic Valley and the interest of Peter B. behind them. We are in a difficult time and we need somebody who cares, not a career politician Like the rest of them.

I don't trust anybody in the current regime they have proved that they are in bed with Joe Supor and controlled by greed. This includes Jim Doran who has failed to stop McDonough and has now joined the team.

Lets put it this way Frank Rodgers was an insurance salesman, McDonough a plumber, mikes qualifications tops both of them because he cares.

NO MORE POLITICAL BULLSH*T CLEAN HOUSE....... VOTE ALL OF THEM OUT

THE MAYOR IS "MCDONE" IN 2006....

Guest hey MIKEEE
THINK I AM THE ONE WHO SHOULD WONDER IF MR. MILAN CAN BE TRUSTED.

1.) MR. MILANS PETITION ONLY OFFERS THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON MORE STATE MEETINGS THAT WILL END UP WITH THE SAME RESULT.

2.)HE KNOWS THIS AND IS ONLY CREATING AN IMAGE FOR HIMSELF.

3.)MR. MILAN STILL HAS THE EAR OF THE MAYOR AND CONTINUES ON THE SAME PATH AS THE CURRENT REGIME.

4.)HE HAS HAD TOWN EMPLOYEES AT HIS PERSONAL RESIDENCE THREE TIMES TO FIX HIS DRIVEWAY. A DRIVEWAY THAT WAS DAMAGED WHEN HE USED TOWN EMPLOYEES TO REMOVE SNOW FROM HIS OWN DRIVEWAY.

5.)NOT TO MENTION MR. MILAN STILL CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR $7,000 OF MISAPPROPRIATED FUNDS FROM HIS BELOVED FEST CORP.

6.)IF ANYONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BELEIVE THAT MR. MILAN IS OUT OF THE LOOP, I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH ONE MORE FACT.

7.)WHILE MAKING A POWER PLAY WITH THE MAYOR AT A RALLY FOR CORZINE, THE EX-COUNCILMAN INTRODUCED HIMSELF AS A CURRENT COUNCILMAN. ALL THE WHILE THE MAYOR WAS BY HIS SIDE AND NEVER CORRECTED HIM.

8).MR. MILAN IS NOTHING MORE THAN POWER-HUNGRY AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON HE FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL

1.) MR. MILANS PETITION ONLY OFFERS THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON MORE STATE MEETINGS THAT WILL END UP WITH THE SAME RESULT.

It's a stepping stone, at least someone stepped up! HE CAN USE A HAND WITH LEADERSHIP

2.)HE KNOWS THIS AND IS ONLY CREATING AN IMAGE FOR HIMSELF.

His image is already created. He took on the whole council and mayor. They all went against him.

3.)MR. MILAN STILL HAS THE EAR OF THE MAYOR AND CONTINUES ON THE SAME PATH AS THE CURRENT REGIME.

There are no two people who are so far apart. The Mayors beliefs and Milans Beliefs couldn't be so far apart. From the way the mayor is handling this re-development, the schools, you want to talk about money missing (the 4 year Metrostar deal and the development thats bin going since 1997 and only a hotel, the selling and purchasing of properties for schools and our kids went to trailers for classrooms....enough said)

He's run someone against Petigrew

against O.J. Disalvo

against his arch enemy Kelly

he pushed for people against Councilwoman

THAT WAS GREAT THINKING.... THESE PEOPLE ARE A WASTE OF TIME

THEY HATE HIM

4.)HE HAS HAD TOWN EMPLOYEES AT HIS PERSONAL RESIDENCE THREE TIMES TO FIX HIS DRIVEWAY. A DRIVEWAY THAT WAS DAMAGED WHEN HE USED TOWN EMPLOYEES TO REMOVE SNOW FROM HIS OWN DRIVEWAY.

yEaH, they did the same to my to my house, they did the same to my friends house. FUNNY HOW THEY DON'T GO TO YOUR HOUSE,.,. It's because they don't do house calls.. They messed up the curb cut....looks like it was cemented....TAKE A LOOK

5.)NOT TO MENTION MR. MILAN STILL CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR $7,000 OF MISAPPROPRIATED FUNDS FROM HIS BELOVED FEST CORP.

Those are the advantages of being a councilman, you can have anyone start a rumor that people believe. Ask him about the Harrison Fest and who has Misappropriated funds...Then ask Petigrew how he's doing financially with the fest.

6.)IF ANYONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BELEIVE THAT MR. MILAN IS OUT OF THE LOOP, I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH ONE MORE FACT.

what did they say, go with the team play VICTOR VILLATA (or pick the guy Milan made family of the year in the Harrison fest)

7.)WHILE MAKING A POWER PLAY WITH THE MAYOR AT A RALLY FOR CORZINE, THE EX-COUNCILMAN INTRODUCED HIMSELF AS A CURRENT COUNCILMAN. ALL THE WHILE THE MAYOR WAS BY HIS SIDE AND NEVER CORRECTED HIM.

From what I understand Millan and another guy are the people who through the fundraiser. I would say that that was a big deal. Great contact for Millan. The Mayor has no guts, we all know that & Milan probably has pride, to much pride to let the title go.

8).MR. MILAN IS NOTHING MORE THAN POWER-HUNGRY AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON HE FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL

Make up your mind he's with them when you want and not when you want???????

Guest Focus on the real problem.....

Lets get to the real problem KING MCDONOUGH. He is the problem not Milan not Hinchliffe. As far as the council they are all a bunch of crap. I'd like nothing more than to see Pettigrew, Kelly and Dolaghan out....

Archived