Stevenson,Sagalia Fundrasier

Guest Concerned Parent

Guest Guest
I know that this nasty post has been amply answered (and trounced, I might add), but as a student of semantics, I find it fascinating----the subject shift, I mean. As I reread it, I couldn't help but read between the lines. Was there someone in your camp who wanted a job and didn't get? Hmmm. I wonder......

I hope that you are never replaced by, or lose out on a job to someone who is equally quallified but receives preference because of someone that they know or are related to.

BTW, as a student of semantics you should know that it's proper to double space after periods. Long winded posts and a few semi-large words don't make you a student of anything. :lol:

Guest Guest 99
Of course you don't have the figures.  You never do.  Your stock answer to posts is to say "give us the facts". 

The challenge to you is go over the minutes of the BOE meetings and look at some of the names of the hires.  Same names pop up quite often.

Now you want me to go over the records to find the information you don't have? I don't think so! If you are privy to the names that "pop up quite often" then post them. :lol:

Guest A. Realist
BTW, as a student of semantics you should know that it's proper to double space after periods.  Long winded posts and a few semi-large words don't make you a student of anything. :lol:

FYI: SEMANTICS is the study of verbage; GRAMMAR is the study of sentence structure and punctuation. Grammar is on my next semester study list. But just for the hell of it, I checked your theory in Webster's Guide for Writers (Random House, Copyright@ 1997), which states, "....in typewritten manuscripts, essays or dissertations, while double spacing following the end of a complete sentence is preferred to facilitate reading, single spacing is acceptable providing the same practice is followed throughout."

You didn't really think you could one-up the ole Realist, now did you?

Guest Flabbergasted
FYI: SEMANTICS is the study of verbage; GRAMMAR is the study of sentence structure and punctuation. Grammar is on my next semester study list. But just for the hell of it, I checked your theory in Webster's Guide for Writers (Random House, Copyright@ 1997), which states, "....in typewritten manuscripts, essays or dissertations, while double spacing following the end of a complete sentence is preferred to facilitate reading, single spacing is acceptable providing the same practice is followed throughout."

You didn't really think you could one-up the ole Realist, now did you?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm impressed. Score another one for the Realist!

Guest Bridget Brady

I think it is unfair and unjust to sling mud at Councilwoman Sherry. She gave an answer to your question and when you didn't like the results, you took the low road and resorted to a personal attack. Shame on you! I would hope that if your a parent, your teaching your children better behavior than you show on this discussion forum.

I think if more people stuck to the facts and stayed focused on the issues, maybe just maybe some progress could be made. I don't want to waste my time reading personal attacks on others when they are losing at a discussion forum for lack of intellegence and integrity. Your remarks are counterproductive and take away from the issue.

Guest Observer

Read the post again Bridget nobody mentioned her family. Mrs Sherry was the one who brought her family into the discussion. Again please read the post again.

Read the post again Bridget nobody mentioned her family.  Mrs Sherry was the one who brought her family into the discussion. Again please read the post again.

No "Observer", you need to read it again. The post in question refered to "councilmembers families". How does that not "mention" her family?

JW

Guest Guest
Wrong again The Cowardly Guest. Read your post more cafefully.

What do you call this?

JW

We know her name was mentioned. And as the KOTW rules go, public officials are fair game. It was Mrs. Sherry who assumed the poster was writing about her daughter.

Guest Guest
Now you want me to go over the records to find the information you don't have? I don't think so! If you are privy to the names that "pop up quite often" then post them. :lol:

They are posted in the minutes of the BOE meetings.

Archived