Manor Park Bathroom

Guest P John

Guest Guest
I believe that a bathroom for our kids should be installed in Manor Park.

Do you live in the Manor area? If not I suggest you take your offspring to river bank park. I ask is there restrooms at the other playgrounds? Bell, Dowd, Tappen, get a grip who ever you are and P at home John! Like they need to spend tax money on a restroom at manor park.

Guest P John
Do you live in the Manor area? If not I suggest you take your offspring to river bank park. I ask is there restrooms at the other playgrounds? Bell, Dowd, Tappen, get a grip who ever you are and P at home John!  Like they need to spend tax money on a restroom at manor park.

The fact of the matter is that you have organized sports run by the town in this park. Keeping that in mind I believe that the town should provide the proper bathroom facilities for our children.

:lol:

Guest Are you kidding?
The fact of the matter is that you have organized sports run by the town in this park.  Keeping that in mind I believe that the town should provide the proper bathroom facilities for our children. 

:huh:

:lol: Are you serious? The kids in this town have been using these parks forever, and if they go before they leave the house then thats it, we never had a porta potty in a playground, we used a friends house or ran to the gas station, you better move back to the town you came from if you want toilet facilities in the playgrounds, or send your child down to the oval, to play. I mean if you want to foot the bill then I say whatever, but don't ask the town for a porta potty that someone could get raped in or mugged in. Thats all we need in town more things for the youth of this town to destroy!!

Guest P John
:lol:  Are you serious? The kids in this town have been using these parks forever, and if they go before they leave the house then thats it, we never had a porta potty in a playground, we used a friends house or ran to the gas station, you better move back to the town you came from if you want toilet facilities in the playgrounds, or send your child down to the oval, to play. I mean if you want to foot the bill then I say whatever, but don't ask the town for a porta potty that someone could get raped in or mugged in. Thats all we need in town more things for the youth of this town to destroy!!

I never said anything about porta pottys, but that is an idea. I did however suggest that proper bathroom facilities be built. It would be nice to let our kids go to bathroom then have to run to the gas station. It would also be nice to have a place to change our baby’s dippers when the need arises.

As far as funding is concerned I believe that we could have it done with no cost to the taxpayers if we utilize Urban Enterprise Zones UEZ funds.

You should not be so selfish and realize that not everyone in town is as privileged as you to live in the manor section.

Guest Thomas Crapper
:lol:  Are you serious? The kids in this town have been using these parks forever, and if they go before they leave the house then thats it, we never had a porta potty in a playground, we used a friends house or ran to the gas station, you better move back to the town you came from if you want toilet facilities in the playgrounds, or send your child down to the oval, to play. I mean if you want to foot the bill then I say whatever, but don't ask the town for a porta potty that someone could get raped in or mugged in. Thats all we need in town more things for the youth of this town to destroy!!

Below are some pictures of different restroom facilities. I think it would be beneficial to the elder residents, parents, and children of our town to have a bathroom & picnic area in Manor Park. And I also think that all park facilities should have these amenities.

http://www.antrimcounty.org/erpr/images/E-Restroom.jpg

http://www.austinparks.org/apfweb/images/bailey1.jpg

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/maint/ra/shngltwn.JPG

http://www.columbustexas.net/gallery/images/Mtpbath.jpg

http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/parks/photos/...on/DSC02505.JPG

http://www.ci.kent.wa.us/parksmaintenance/...hillshelter.JPG

I never said anything about porta pottys, but that is an idea.  I did however suggest that proper bathroom facilities be built.  It would be nice to let our kids go to bathroom then have to run to the gas station.  It would also be nice to have a place to change our baby’s dippers when the need arises.

As far as funding is concerned I believe that we could have it done with no cost to the taxpayers if we utilize Urban Enterprise Zones UEZ funds.

You should not be so selfish and realize that not everyone in town is as privileged as you to live in the manor section.

Manor Park is not in a UEZ area, therefore the monies could not come from that fund. If anything, it would have to be a CBG, Community Block Grant, or private funding to be of no cost to the taxpayers.

Guest Guest

Actually, as a child, I used to find the nearest tree. I bet the residents would love to see that instead.

What the heck, the pets already go outside anyway.

Guest Guest
Manor Park is not in a UEZ area, therefore the monies could not come from that fund. If anything, it would have to be a CBG, Community Block Grant,  or private funding to be of no cost to the taxpayers.

Quetion: where does CBG money come from? private donations?

Guest P John

Under Recreational Complexes on the Town Webpage you will find Coogan Playground, AKA Manor Park. As a recreational complex it should provide restroom facilities to the public. I would strongly urge everyone to contact Phil Martone, the Superintendent Recreation to help in our efforts. He can be reached at 201-955-7983. You should also contact Ralf cattafi and Joe Darco at their e mails.

rcattafi@kearnynj.org

jdarco@kearnynj.org

FYI

The Kearny Recreation Commission Board meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in the Town Council Chambers at 7:30 p.m.

Guest Guest

Ok, So, if they build RR facilities in Manor park, then they need to put them in Bell Playground, Hoyt St, Tappan St, Columbia Ave, The other 5 areas of Riverbank Park, Oakwood Ave.. Or is ist just that the Manor Kids deserve Bathrooms? You people make me laugh..you'll B**ch and complain about taxes being too high, then want to spend money on pork like this... no wonder this town is as screwed up as it is. NONE of those facilities has ever had bathrooms, most have been there for decades It hasnt been neccessary, and it still isnt.

Guest Are You Serious ?
:blink: First, Women have been changing babies since the beginning of time, and they found a way to change a diaper. Next, Are you willing to have an enclosed area where your child plays, to leave an open invitation to a preditor, to take them inside? And don't tell me that it wouldn't happen, the next thing people would want is a 24hr security guard to watch, and like I said before, the kids would destroy it after dark. Who will pay for this, plus the maintaining of it? NOT ME! I pay too much tax now, I don't live in the manor section, but I raised four children without the benefit of a restroom in the playgrounds near my home. Just imagine if at night someone knocks one over and the waste goesinto the ground, the smell would be horrible,(you would complain about that ) and the soil would be contaminated. So I ask you if you live close enough to walk there then you can walk home or if you drive well then you just hop inthe car and go. My parents always carried a little plastic pot, in case of emergencies, so thatis also an idea.

Guest Guest
Ok, So, if they build RR facilities in Manor park, then they need to put them in Bell Playground, Hoyt St, Tappan St, Columbia Ave, The other 5 areas of Riverbank Park, Oakwood Ave..  Or is ist just that the Manor Kids deserve Bathrooms?  You people make me laugh..you'll B**ch and complain about taxes being too high, then want to spend money on pork like this... no wonder this town is as screwed up as it is.  NONE of those facilities has ever had bathrooms, most have been there for decades It hasnt been neccessary, and it still isnt.

Your wrong about that. Years ago some play area's did have rest rooms. I believe Belgrove drive was one and I think there were others. But vandals saw to it they were removed. Belgrove was a state of he art rec area. It had a building and office and rest rooms. plus storage. Clay tennis courts as well. It was beautiful.

Guest P John
Your wrong about that. Years ago some play area's did have rest rooms. I believe Belgrove drive was one and I think there were others. But vandals saw to it they were removed. Belgrove was a state of he art rec area. It had a building and office and rest rooms. plus storage. Clay tennis courts as well. It was beautiful.

Lets bring it back

• 2 weeks later...
<_<  Are you serious? The kids in this town have been using these parks forever, and if they go before they leave the house then thats it, we never had a porta potty in a playground, we used a friends house or ran to the gas station, you better move back to the town you came from if you want toilet facilities in the playgrounds, or send your child down to the oval, to play. I mean if you want to foot the bill then I say whatever, but don't ask the town for a porta potty that someone could get raped in or mugged in. Thats all we need in town more things for the youth of this town to destroy!!

Raped or mugged?. No I think our young vandals will tip over the porta sh*tter. Do that 2-3 times and the company will permantly remove the plastic commode.

Guest P John

You people are obtuse. I never suggested porta johns I am even apposed to them. I suggested a small attractive multipurpose building. Picture a bathroom/changing room with a shaded area for kids and parents to eat or play. Whit today’s advances in security they could have 24/7 cameras.

A building such as this would greatly improve safety for our kids and parents.

You people are obtuse.  I never suggested porta johns I am even apposed to them.  I suggested a small attractive multipurpose building.  Picture a bathroom/changing room with a shaded area for kids and parents to eat or play.  Whit today’s advances in security they could have 24/7 cameras.

A building such as this would greatly improve safety for our kids and parents.

Who's going to pay for this thing, or pay for the upkeep. A CBG would be great if you can get the DCA NJ to give you one. I for one do not want to pay for this thing through tax's. First my kids don't use Manor park, Secondly my family pays enough in town tax's. Your kids use the park then YOU put up the first $1000.00. then we'll talk