Wating for 2smart to answer.

Guest Keith- Marshall,Mo

Plants and animals get their energy from an outside energy source, it doesn't come from within themselves.  Their energy comes from the sun.

Of course.

What is the outside source of energy for the univese Keith?  If their is no outside source, it is losing energy and it is running down.  It will one day reach uniform temperature left to itself.

Nothing in the laws of thermodynamics requires the universe to lose energy. The first law forbids it other than by conversion to matter. And that appears much rarer than converting the other direction. Where do you get this strange idea that the universe should be losing energy?

My point was that those that believe in the "big bang" or apply gradualism to the univese run into problems with natural laws.

Do they now? You'll have to do much better than displaying your misunderstanding of those natural laws if you are to convince anyone but the choir.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I checked, Jesus' tomb was still empty!

LOL, mind telling us when and where you checked, and how you know it was his tomb? And after you explain that, can you prove that the body within is missing because of resurrection, as opposed to the much simpler alternatives? You know, like the body simply being moved by one or more people (self-fulfillment makes it a false prophecy; it's hardly a prophecy for (for example) someone to say 'this man will die a violent death' and then proceed to unload an automatic weapon on them)?

Considering that I am quite sure you can't prove all of the above (all of which would be necessary to prove that prophecy correct), I'm going to have to ask you to try again.

Wow.

I have very low tolerance for deceptive misquoting:

"Claiming victory because a theory doesn't apply where it was never meant to is retarded, end of story."

You've done something exceedingly stupid, and I'm calling you on it, that's all. The fact that you don't even seem to care how ignorant your reasoning is just magnifies the stupidity you're exuding. Don't blame me, you're the one who did it.

Actually, Jesus himself spoke the words recorded John 5:24.

Prove it.

According to this verse (spoken by Jesus) anyone (and that includes you and Keith) who does not believe is condemned.

Why should anyone care about the antiquated, incoherent, inconsistent ramblings of a millenia-old book that arbitrarily assigns itself authority?

Guess what? There are several holy books out there that say you would be condemned for not believing what they say too. Every one of these books has the same amount of evidence backing it up--zero.

You can't all be right--but you can all be wrong.

Plants and animals get their energy from an outside energy source, it doesn't come from within themselves.  Their energy comes from the sun.  What is the outside source of energy for the univese Keith?  If their is no outside source, it is losing energy and it is running down.  It will one day reach uniform temperature left to itself.  My point was that those that believe in the "big bang" or apply gradualism to the univese run into problems with natural laws.

I'll be honest and tell you that I don't know, however a will also not take my glaring ignorance of the subject, profess that I do in fact know the truth(albeit unproven truth) and then force that truth upon others. Sound familiar?

Guest bewildered
Last time I checked, Jesus' tomb was still empty!

Red must be channelling Ron Wyatt. Ron has found, and subsequentially lost, Noah's ark, the Ark of the Covenant, the true location of the Crucifixion, Mount Sinai, and the route of the Hebrews through the Red Sea at the Exodus, including Egyptian chariot wheels. All of his finds have been proven to be hoaxes. Google Ron Wyatt for a laugh.

Guest Autonomous
As the saying goes; there's no atheists in foxholes. 

I can tell you from experience that you're wrong. I know three from my unit, and some people consider me one. I don't, because I don't believe in making absolute unproven statements such as "there is no god," though I certainly don't believe there is one either. There are a lot of people who find spirituality in a combat zone, but amusingly enough most of them from my unit started developing strange new-age hippy-type beliefs-no one became Christian who wasn't already one.

Guest Keith-Marsjall,MO
I can tell you from experience that you're wrong. I know three from my unit, and some people consider me one. I don't, because I don't believe in making absolute unproven statements such as "there is no god," though I certainly don't believe there is one either. There are a lot of people who find spirituality in a combat zone, but amusingly enough most of them from my unit started developing strange new-age hippy-type beliefs-no one became Christian who wasn't already one.

I just wanted to say thanks for your service.

Guest Conservative Mommy
I just wanted to say thanks for your service.

Don't thank him-he's a hippocrit. What he isn't telling you is that he let his enlistment run out while he was over there so he could get out when he got home-he was afraid to go back!

Guest Guest
Don't thank him-he's a hippocrit. What he isn't telling you is that he let his enlistment run out while he was over there so he could get out when he got home-he was afraid to go back!

This is why you should never let your in-laws stay with you. :D Apparently I'm not patriotic enough unless I keep going back until I get myself killed. I have a wife to support, and I make considerably less in the Guard than I do at my normal occupation.

Guest Autonomous
What a laugh !!  The only sevice "autonomous" has been in is maybe the boy scouts or the girl scouts.

First-the response to "Conservative Mommy" was obviously me.

Second, to 2dim-have you ever had a date in your pathetic life? Ever done anything worthwhile whatsoever? How dare you, you worthless POS? Bravo Bttry, 1-142d Fires Brigade (formerly Field Artillery) out of Springdale, Arkansas. Deployed in Iraq for a year ending in November, 2006 (though some of us had to stay a bit longer). In fact, if you get the right Morning News story I'm even in a picture, though I won't tell you who I am on the internet.

What a laugh !!  The only sevice "autonomous" has been in is maybe the boy scouts or the girl scouts.

And the baseless accusations have begun. You guys really have absolutely zero integrity.

Conservative Mommy and 2Smart.

Do you actually know this person of which you speak or are you just spewing venom which seems to come naturally to you? You may not agree with their opinions but can you say with any degree of certainty that this person did not serve in the military?

I can't say for sure so I decided to err on the side of them being truthful and thank them for their service.

You call yourselves Christians yet wonder why people rip on Christians. You're not Christians...you are just plain old garden variety assholes.

Do you actually know this person of which you speak or are you just spewing venom which seems to come naturally to you? You may not agree with their opinions but can you say with any degree of certainty that this person did not serve in the military?

I can't say for sure so I decided to err on the side of them being truthful and thank them for their service.

You call yourselves Christians yet wonder why people rip on Christians. You're not Christians...you are just plain old garden variety assholes.

I second this. These attacks are disgusting and without foundation.

Thank you, Autonomous. Your service merits our admiration, not baseless attacks just because people don't agree with you.

Guest 2smart4u

"Strange new- age hippie- type beliefs " ?? Doesn't sound like the U.S. military to me. And BTW, you couldn't be more wrong about me. Married, kids, former military (AF, 'nam era) college grad, successful career. Maybe your atheist friends were too stoned to know better, the guys I knew got religion in a hurry.

Guest Conservative Mommy

Yes I know him he's my son-in-law. I didn't say that he wasn't in the military, I said he got out when it got to him. Notice that he din't deny it!

You say I'm not a Christian yet you use that language! It looks like your the hippocrit!

Guest Conservative Mommy
This is why you should never let your in-laws stay with you. :D  Apparently I'm not patriotic enough unless I keep going back until I get myself killed. I have a wife to support, and I make considerably less in the Guard than I do at my normal occupation.

LET me stay with you? You wanted my daugter to stay by herself while you went overseas! She had to beg you to let me stay with her!

Notice how he is sure to mention how much money he makes? Everything is about money to him.

Guest Autonomous
"Strange new- age hippie- type beliefs " ??  Doesn't sound like the U.S. military to me.  And BTW, you couldn't be more wrong about me.  Married, kids, former military (AF, 'nam era) college grad, successful career. Maybe your atheist friends were too stoned to know better, the guys I knew got religion in a hurry.

Like I said, everyone got more spiritual. Perhaps if you listened now and then you would have known that. You also would have known that I'm not an atheist. There were a lot of people who started believing in God-a non-judgemental, love-everyone God that allows them to do whatever they want and still go to heaven, like what the hippies believed in. Not much pot in the Green Zone. Nothing you said so far proves that you aren't a festering piece of crap, btw.

Guest Guest
LET me stay with you? You wanted my daugter to stay by herself while you went overseas! She had to beg you to let me stay with her!

Notice how he is sure to mention how much money he makes? Everything is about money to him.

Notice how I DIDN"T mention how much money I make? :D

Guest Autonomous

Notice how I DIDN"T mention how much money I make? :D