Wating for 2smart to answer.

Guest Keith- Marshall,Mo

Guest 2smart4u
Clearly, anyone with an actual functioning brain should be able to tell that it is 2Dim's masochism that I am speaking of.

Lets talk about your "freaking out" episodes. Typos freak you out ? And you claim you were in the army? Sounds to me like you were probably discharged on a Section 8 (unfit for duty).

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 2smart4u
Nobody who thinks pure chance drives evolution should express an opinion about it.  Better to stay quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Get thee to a library, 2ignorant4U!  You might start with Ken Miller's Finding Darwin's God.

Leigh

Why is it when an atheist writes a nonsensical book, other atheists applaud it as the absolute truth ??

I would suggest you put down the comic books and read Michael Behe's Darwin's Black Box and Philip Johnson's Darwin On Trial.

Why is it when an atheist writes a nonsensical book, other atheists applaud it as the absolute truth ??

I would suggest you put down the comic books and read Michael Behe's Darwin's Black Box and Philip Johnson's Darwin On Trial.

Ken Miller is not an atheist. He's a devout Christian (Roman Catholic). He is also a high-regarded professor of cellular biologist at Brown University.

I'm not an atheist. I'm a devout Christian (Methodist).

Philip Johnson is a lawyer, not a biologist. Michael Behe is a tenured professor of biochemisty, but his scientific reputation is so bad that his department has put up a disclaimer of his views on its website. He was also forced to admit (in his testimony in the Kitzmiller v. Dover case) that his version of ID isn't science.

You can't even construct an appeal to authority that doesn't backfire on you.

You're an idiot and a liar. And by the way, why do you think calling someone an atheist constitutes a devastating insult? That's just another example of your bigotry and stupidity.

Oh, and congratulations on coming up with yet another silly tag-phrase. Good to see you've branched out from Koolaid to comic books, though you might want to update your terminology since they're now called graphic novels. I have a little side bet riding on the content of your next withering reply, so please do answer soonest!

Leigh

Lets talk about your "freaking out" episodes.  Typos freak you out ?  And you claim you were in the army?  Sounds to me like you were probably discharged on a Section 8 (unfit for duty).

Maybe if you would work on your reading comprehension skills you'd learn something-your masochism freaks me out. Do I need to explain what the long word means? Maybe you're saying neocons are okay with it? It would certainly explain the torture fascination.

Why is it you wackos keep bringing up my service? I have brought it up (I think) once. You guys keep obsessing over it-get over it already.

Guest DingoDave

Ken Miller is a Christian, you imbecile.

Michael Behe's book has been eviscerated by his fellow scientists, and even his own university has disowned him. They forced him to put a disclaimer on his university homepage stating as much.

As for Philip Johnson, he's a lawyer with an agenda, not a scientist, so his opinion on matters scientific isn't worth squat.

Sheesh! How can so much stupid be concentrated in such a small area?

How about "Inherit the wind"? Maybe you should rent the movie. The book may be too hard for you to read.

Guest Patriot
Nobody who thinks pure chance drives evolution should express an opinion about it.  Better to stay quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Get thee to a library, 2ignorant4U!  You might start with Ken Miller's Finding Darwin's God.

Leigh

I agree. Evolution is of course valid. The atheists who believe the universe is Godless and everything has evolved through natural selection ONLY are the fools.

Ken Miller is a Christian with a deep belief in God, who believes that evolution has been "guided" by God. To quote Miller, "To me the idea of God, the idea of a supreme being, is the intellectual peg that holds everything else together. That enables my existence, the world, the diversity of life, the magnificence of the universe to be put into a context in which they make sense".

Guest 2smart4u
Ken Miller is a Christian, you imbecile.

Michael Behe's book has been eviscerated by his fellow scientists, and even his own university has disowned him. They forced him to put a disclaimer on his university homepage stating as much.

As for Philip Johnson, he's a lawyer with an agenda, not a scientist, so his opinion on matters scientific isn't worth squat.

Sheesh! How can so much stupid be concentrated in such a small area?

He no longer claims to be a Christian, he's a closet atheist.

I agree. Evolution is of course valid. The atheists who believe the universe is Godless and everything has evolved through natural selection ONLY are the fools.

I'm pretty sure Ken Miller doesn't believe that God has an active hand in natural selection/evolution. I think he makes this very clear in his anti-creationist 'speech' about the fused #2 chromosome in humans, "I believe in a God, but I don't believe in a deceptive God," is what I believe he said at that point, because if God did that directly, it would certainly appear to be almost mischievous of a deity to do.

Ken Miller is a Christian with a deep belief in God, who believes that evolution has been "guided" by God.  To quote Miller, "To me the idea of God, the idea of a supreme being, is the intellectual peg that holds everything else together. That enables my existence, the world, the diversity of life, the magnificence of the universe to be put into a context in which they make sense".

You're trying to conflate philosophical naturalism and methodological naturalism. Your quote certainly shows that Ken Miller does not believe in philosophical naturalism. Unfortunately, the only person who thought he did was 2Dim. Congratulations I guess-you're smarter than 2Dim. Which is like saying you're warmer than an ice cube, but I digress. What you're implying (actually, flat-out saying) is that Ken Miller does not believe in methodological naturalism. This is not true. That would make him a proponent if ID rather than the opposite.

Guest DingoDave

Patriot wrote:

Matt.5:22 "But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, `You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire." - Gospel Jesus

Hope you enjoy your trip Patriot. Don't forget your handbasket.